• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Noor Husin Signs

He may have had a decent career but Jamie Vardy isn’t fit to lick Stan’s boots.

We’re talking about a British transfer record. Someone whose combination of pace, power and size is maybe unprecedented. Someone who would get people off their seats if he picked the ball up with his back to goal on the halfway line.
Yep, see your point and the direction you are coming from. I was coming from totally unknown to top level and making the breakthrough to international level. As you quite rightly say, Vardy and Collymore vastly different types of player.

Bale would definitely be a candidate. Going back a bit further, John Barnes would possibly fit into the pick the ball up deep....... category, but that type of player is very rare as you say and why when you have one in your team it is a period to cherish.

I think Leicester fans might wholly disagree that Vardy isn't fit to lick Stan's boots. He's been immense for them and scored some fantastic goals over many seasons. Such a shame he retired from England duty. Stan was certainly one to get you on your feet, likewise Ricky Otto. We haven't had anyone like that in years and years.

Strange with all that undoubted talent that Vardy and our Stan only mustered 29 England appearances between them and Vardy walked away from England in 2018 saying he didnt want to play at that level apparently
Very interesting and independently minded characters

He may have had a decent career but Jamie Vardy isn’t fit to lick Stan’s boots.

We’re talking about a British transfer record. Someone whose combination of pace, power and size is maybe unprecedented. Someone who would get people off their seats if he picked the ball up with his back to goal on the halfway line.
Can I please nominate Cyrille Regis (plucked from Hayes, similar attributes);

I’m not sure any other club has uncovered a Stan though.
So we have the best track record...excellent :-) I'm encouraged. Must be the sea air...and the fans...and the excellent coaching set up...all in place now for discovering the next batch of Freddies and Stans.

For me ...a "Freddie" is someone from a lower league who thrives here, achieves legend status, and moves on up. A "Stan" is someone who came down a league (or two) and did an amazing job for us, achieves legend status before either a) retiring eg The Goat or b) going back up to higher ground (and getting us some decent cash to boot). I'm happy with either a Freddie or a Stan...but I'm open to us having both. We seem to be beginning to look for "Freddies" and I really hope those we have make the impact we are hoping for. Now for the "Stans". Of recent years...only Ranger had the potential to be a "Stan" but had SO much baggage, and many character flaws which destroyed all that potential.

Palace must of been kicking himself after he left us and went on to be the star he become

Back