• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane North Bank Choir, During Mid 1960's - Where Are You Now?

I know, but the rest of England it was sprayed. That's why we nicknamed him spray can ozzie. (The ozzie in now in Germany).
Remember Southend going to Watford in Oct 72 , some Leigh boys went down the Rookery End to see if they could get in . All the doors were still lock , two of the guys sprayed SUFC and LCBB on all the doors and on the walls . A few months later there was a police series Z Cars on TV and it was filmed at a football ground , all of a sudden SUFC and LCBB came up on the screens .

The names are endless. Some at times i forget , like Ambrose, Peter Knight, Squirrel, John Carlin,Bob Woolf, Carl Conners of course, Robbie Winkworth, The Moody brothers, Bob Belamy, Ronnie Turner, Kim Webber, Sid Wright, Steve Scarrot, Mick Wall, Nobber of course, Ian Lesak, the list goes on.

You would not want to face that lot in there day.
I know that Steve Scarrot will be quite miffed with being named with more or less all of them .

I was also on the coach trip to New Brighton,seem to remember that Tony moeller was cleaning paint of the back of the coach standing on a ladder,the coach driver paniced when a bunch of stockport fans charged and drove away leaving Tony behind. Can still be found in East Greens.
Wow!!! Tony Moeller?? Now there is someone I haven't seen for at least 30+years, if my memory serves me well Tony was from Canvey? along with another guy called Harry. A couple of really good guys and we shared some great away days together on the coaches. Are they still about? these days and do they still go to Roots Hall from time to time. Finally Fishpaste if you are there tomorrow come and say hi Block D Row G 101 & 102. Cheers Dave 🦐⚽🦐

Last edited:
Wow!!! Tony Modeller?? Now there is someone I haven't seen for at least 30+years, if my memory serves me well Tony was from Canvey? along with another guy called Harry. A couple of really good guys and we shared some great away days together on the coaches. Are they still about? these days and do they still go to Roots Hall from time to time. Finally Fishpaste if you are there tomorrow come and say hi Block D Row G 101 & 102. Cheers Dave 🦐⚽🦐
I wonder if this may have been the much-missed 'Harry' Roberts (a.k.a. Canvey Shrimper)? Sadly, Harry died in 2012.

The thought of Boreham Wood having a crowd big enough to have a go at the North Bank beggars belief.
Yes i was sitting on the bottom wall and remember it well. The North bank was pretty sparse and the usual lot who defended it won't there for some reason just a few youngsters who took the opportunity to stand in the sacred area for a game. A loud noise went up and about 20 Boreham wood guys came from nowhere. I saw one of the youngsters take a slap and they all moved out pretty quickly after that. The only time id ever seen the pak taken.

Yes i was sitting on the bottom wall and remember it well. The North bank was pretty sparse and the usual lot who defended it won't there for some reason just a few youngsters who took the opportunity to stand in the sacred area for a game. A loud noise went up and about 20 Boreham wood guys came from nowhere. I saw one of the youngsters take a slap and they all moved out pretty quickly after that. The only time id ever seen the pak taken.
They did not take The North Bank , the police put them in there at 1.30 to keep them contained .

Back