• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam_Man

Life President
Will this be the game to get our first win in 7 after 4 draws and two defeats. Northampton have two wins and a draw in that time and with a home advantage and a heavy pitch dont think it will be as easy a game as the league table suggests (when is it ever...)

This season ( for the most part ) I think we've played much better football than previous seasons and it's been a real pleasure to watch at times.
However , tomorrow I would take a last minute own goal after being under constant pressure for 90 mins !

Some of those above us are also going through wobbles and it's so important we don't become detached and the team that 8th-12th have in their sights.

My heart says 0-2 , but my head says 1-1...................

This is the most unpredictable season in L2 I can ever remember. It's all coming down to who's having an off day.

We've improved performances against Hartlepool and York but the worry for me on Saturday was we never really looked like scoring.

Barry playing up there on his own is fine, it's a formation that saw us go on that good run but the midfielders need to busting a gut to get in the box to get on the end of what he's flicking on and brining down.

Bolger being injured is a big blow, he looked good on Saturday, that's 2 loanees who looked mustard injured on their debuts! On the plus side, I thought Adam Thompson had his best game for us on Saturday.

As I said, difficult to call but I'm hoping after 2 improved performances this is were it finally clicks again. 2-0 win.

Will this be the game to get our first win in 7 after 4 draws and two defeats. Northampton have two wins and a draw in that time and with a home advantage and a heavy pitch dont think it will be as easy a game as the league table suggests (when is it ever...)

I think your right:winking:

Originally had this down as an away win, but after saturday i reckon another poxy draw.

Prove me wrong boys, please.

I am not sure what PB will want to do to freshen the team up as we are very limited at the back.
I am sure Lennie, Atko, Hurst will also start.
Will he try Fred and Payne?
Clifford or Timlin?
Strakes or Laird?

After being bored out my brains in York I cant see us ever scoring again! 2-0 Northampton.

Timlin to come closest for us with a thunderbolt from 30 yards which floats comically over the stand.

Sounds like Payne is going to be given a chance according to the Echo.

Cant say Im disappointed in that, may give the team a lift with his energy.

If we start with Barney & Jack Payne fancy us to grab some goals tonight! :omg::omg::omg::omg:

Dear Phil,
I should say at the outset that I'm primarily an emotional kind of supporter, not one that knows or understands a tremendous amount about tactics or formations. Nevertheless, even I realise that the time has come when something has to be done, even at the risk of losing a game. Sterile draws like Saturday are going to see us slipping to mid-table obscurity.
I understand the limitations in which you are obliged to work at the moment and can empathise with your frustrations concerning our injuries in defence. Even in midfield, where the options appeared immense we are, for Northampton, deprived of Clifford. Do we risk Straker for 30mins to see whether it's one of his good days? Do we continue to play Hurst in the hope that he will play himself back into form? Atkinson and Leonard would appear to be fixtures, so do we use Laird in order to allow them to advance more? As far as 'strikers' are concerned, is Freddy capable of starting in some kind of rôle, tucked in behind Corr?..........or are you going to be adventurous and start Payne in that position. I don't know if Barnard has recovered from his illness and even if he has, can we afford to risk him failing again? Love him or hate him, Mr Marmite 'Corr' looks our only option...............or is he??? Who else can fulfill his rôle in the formation we appear most confortable?
Phil, I don't envy your task nor the pressure you are under. Whatever you do, I for one, won't criticise you
.................as long as you don't name an unchanged side (apart from Phillips for Bolger)...........that is surely not an option when a victory is essential and on Saturday we appeared toothless as an attacking force.

Regards Yogi

P.S. and by the way, good luck!:smile:

we've only lost twice in the last twelve league games, still in the play off places. We're having a wobble, yeah, but I bet there's loads of teams would like our position.

damn - someone's just knocked my half empty glass over:smile:

Back