• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not the players fault

palexander

Life President
Kind of a rally cry, but given the stories surfacing again about wages - and the way the players have been treated and lied too (it seems to me anyway) - then I'm as of now wiping the slate clean with all players!!!

I certainly dont like some of the players in our current XI and believe some of them are way under the required level for this division - BUT - in the circumstances, they are holding out brilliantly.

Wish there was some way of showing our support? The atmosphere at the ground is terrible at the moment and I dont think the players are getting the appreciation they deserve.

Perhaps SZ could do something? A letter on behalf of the Zone to the club or Echo? Facebook group and send it to the players registered? A banner at the ground tomorrow?

So hopefully people agree and will not barrack the players tomorrow, even if things ARENT going our way. Get behind them and show them that their efforts are appreciated.

Kind of a rally cry, but given the stories surfacing again about wages - and the way the players have been treated and lied too (it seems to me anyway) - then I'm as of now wiping the slate clean with all players!!!

I certainly dont like some of the players in our current XI and believe some of them are way under the required level for this division - BUT - in the circumstances, they are holding out brilliantly.

Wish there was some way of showing our support? The atmosphere at the ground is terrible at the moment and I dont think the players are getting the appreciation they deserve.

Perhaps SZ could do something? A letter on behalf of the Zone to the club or Echo? Facebook group and send it to the players registered? A banner at the ground tomorrow?

So hopefully people agree and will not barrack the players tomorrow, even if things ARENT going our way. Get behind them and show them that their efforts are appreciated.

The best thing, is to spread the message on here;

Get your arse over to Block V/W tomorrow and sing your hearts out. From start to finish, make as much noise as you can. It's vital the boys get the 3 points tomorrow, so we need to do all we can to do that.

Why fuel the flames by communicating with The Echo?

Doesnt have to be inflammatory - just that the fans are backing the players through troubled times and we appreciate their efforts.

Wont pay their mortgages, but it may make them realise they have something to play for.

Doesnt have to be inflammatory - just that the fans are backing the players through troubled times and we appreciate their efforts.

Wont pay their mortgages, but it may make them realise they have something to play for.

The letter might not be inflammatory, but the way in which it could be used will be.

A letter in support of the players in light of recent events is open to be used as a further acknowledgement of how suspect the club is at the moment and is capable of spreading further discontent.

I know you are not a fan of his, but surely Tilson and the other back room staff should be included in this. They have had some of the basic needs of their job taken from them, yet are still remaining loyal to the club and trying to keep us playing decent football etc.

If our boys dont get some cash money soon they wont be able to go down Mayhem tomorrow night to celebrate and pull some dolly birds after getting turned over by Tranmere. They may end up stuck at home updating their facebook pages instead- think of the indignity. For me, this is a travesty- WE CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!!

Last edited:
I know you are not a fan of his, but surely Tilson and the other back room staff should be included in this. They have had some of the basic needs of their job taken from them, yet are still remaining loyal to the club and trying to keep us playing decent football etc.

Weird! I thought I did include the management in my OP too and I remember typing it?! :(

But yes, definitely - despite some odd tactics recently and his general downbeat attitude, absolutely credit to Tilson for keeping us out the bottom 4 this long!

A letter in support of the players in light of recent events is open to be used as a further acknowledgement of how suspect the club is at the moment and is capable of spreading further discontent.

Exactly. That would be the whole point in doing it.

Discontent= regime change= promotion and glory= all live happily ever after

Back