• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Now i know how it feels to be barnet macclesfield or accrington supporter

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
It finally dawned on me that with the fixtures coming out today this must be how the also rans must feel every year.

We have with the present situation no chance of getting promoted and the best we can hope for at this moment in time is to just stay in the league.

What a depressing thought and something the likes of barnet etc must have every year. No wonder the crowds must be so low.

I dont think i have looked forward to a season less than i have this coming season.

Im still hoping there will be some extremely positive news coming from the club in the next week or so which will enable us to try and get a squad together, but deep inside i know this isnt gonna happen.

Wether we have to play the youth team mixed with reserves next season or not both the team that plays and more importantly Tilly needs our magnificant backing .

Rain or shine winning or losing home and away we need to show that we are the best supporters in the league and just roar the team on regardless.

We dont care about col ewe we dont care about Orient We dont care about Martin all we care about is SUFC.

Teams like Barnet have been signing players so there is probably optimism with their fans.

In the recent past we've been in the drop zone of League Two, managerless, heavily in debt, and with less than 40 supporters going to an away match.

On reflection, then, I'd say we've definitely been in a similar position before.

Not exactly in this positon no. But I remember a few seasons of being marooned in League Two with no real hope of getting out of it.

I can cope with that, its the the uncertainty of the future of our club whilst languishing in the basement league thats making people fed up.

just seen the fixtures and the only games i can get a high from is 1st game at home and barnet boxing day, thats league two for ya.

It finally dawned on me that with the fixtures coming out today this must be how the also rans must feel every year.

We have with the present situation no chance of getting promoted and the best we can hope for at this moment in time is to just stay in the league.

What a depressing thought and something the likes of barnet etc must have every year. No wonder the crowds must be so low.

I dont think i have looked forward to a season less than i have this coming season.

Im still hoping there will be some extremely positive news coming from the club in the next week or so which will enable us to try and get a squad together, but deep inside i know this isnt gonna happen.

Wether we have to play the youth team mixed with reserves next season or not both the team that plays and more importantly Tilly needs our magnificant backing .

Rain or shine winning or losing home and away we need to show that we are the best supporters in the league and just roar the team on regardless.

We dont care about col ewe we dont care about Orient We dont care about Martin all we care about is SUFC.

its just like the old days to be honest, hoped we'd never go back to them, but we have. as far as i can see the only thing we've gained from our recent successes (apart from memories that will last a lifetime). Is a much bigger core support, a playoff challenge no matter how unlikely that appears, is or only chance of keeping that.

I feel the pain though, BBC football is updated and there we are a few places above the bottom of league 2...

Last edited:
Just checked the league 2 attendances or well a lack of attendance in most cases apart from Bradford we are going to easily be the biggest club in the division, its starting to hit home just how bad the teams in this league are an how bad we have become to be amongst all this crap.
We may end up with more fans than most but i bet you they all have at least a starting eleven that want to be there unlike us at the Hall !!!!

Back