• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You'll no doubt remember that at one time the supporters club did actually donate the ground to the club.That's the only reason the current Chairman/owner is interested in SUFC now.

Yep, it was before my time but I do know the history. But things are different in the game these days and the only reason ANYONE is interested in a lower league football club is for the land the ground stands on. That's all clubs have. I suppose there might be the odd mega-wealthy fan who is prepared to run it at a loss but they are few and far between.

Yep, it was before my time but I do know the history. But things are different in the game these days and the only reason ANYONE is interested in a lower league football club is for the land the ground stands on. That's all clubs have. I suppose there might be the odd mega-wealthy fan who is prepared to run it at a loss but they are few and far between.

At least Mark Rubin is known to be a genuine SUFC fan.It would appear that even he (and the consortium)are unwilling to run the club at a loss however.:sad:

You'll no doubt remember that at one time the (then) Supporters Club did actually donate the ground to the club.That's the only reason the current Chairman/owner is interested in SUFC now.

You'll also know the supporters club ran all the commercial side of the club, programmes, bingo, catering etc, until they were shafted unceremoniously by the Rubins....

At least Mark Rubin is known to be a genuine SUFC fan.It would appear that even he (and the consortium)are unwilling to run the club at a loss however.:sad:

That's my point. No one will be prepared to perennially run the club at a loss.

Hindsight is tuppence a ton as someone told me once. We can all talk about what should have happened, but the fact of the matter it didn't and we're in the mess we're in now.

Time for us to unite rather than twist the knife. Campaigning against the board at this stage with FF so close is going to do the square root of nothing. Roin isn't going anywhere. Use the energy instead to spur the team on and maybe the team will play better and then we feel better. It's no coincidence that this board is a happier place after we've won.

In any event, I think the OP, Badger74, doesn't actually attend much anymore does he? I'm sure I read a post from Blueblood to that effect. Jolly good of him therefore to rally the troops from his remote position. If however he will be there, then apologies but I very much hope he will be a lone voice who is soon silenced, hopefully by a flurry of goals from us.

Haha not a bad effort Badger but i thought you'd have got more bites than this

I'll do my bit by glancing, somewhat disinterestedly, at the game occassionally while you, no doubt will be 50 miles away at work :winking: :raspberry:

In any event, I think the OP, Badger74, doesn't actually attend much anymore does he? I'm sure I read a post from Blueblood to that effect. Jolly good of him therefore to rally the troops from his remote position

Ah just seen this fbm, to be fair Badger does go occassionally and is still mulling over whether to come with us to Accrington on Tuesday but he attends far less than he used to that is for sure due to pressures of work and resentment of Martin in equal measure

time is to unite against the board(albeit brady and martin) time to show them, that apart from the 6 or 7 on here that support them a good 4,000 or so fans do not support them, with the number of clubs that have had changed ownership in the last 10 years or, so why do some ppl think on here, there is no one out there, that wants to own a football club, especially one in the lower reaches of the basement division. Martin is not the saviour, and there will be alternatives. DId anyone think when doncaster went through their problems, although their chairman went a step further than martin by setting light to the ground(dont rule it out though!!) they would not have a new owner future

I hate RM as much as the rest of you, but lets face it, if he sold the club tomorrow, what happens then?

The ground we play at now doesn't belong to us, and the ground we are approved to move to belongs to RM.....Where would we play? In Chalkwell Park with jumpers for goalposts?

It would appear that the only thing that will make Southend fans happy is to have a chairman/owner with endlessly deep pockets who is prepared to spend loads of his/her own money with no prospect of ever receiving a return.

He/she should then reduce admission prices, perhaps even lay on free away transport every so often as a show of gratitude for the loyal supporters, some of whom will spend every minute of every game berating and jeering some players because they don't work hard enough/aren't good enough/aren't called Darryl Flahavan.

And if he/she could also oversee the building of a new shiny 4 sided stadium and then allow us to play there rent free for ever or alternatively (and even better) donate the ground to the club so that we have a permanent home then that's the icing on the cake. Maybe also factor in say 50% of any income received from the surrounding business/retail/hotel development so that we have a non-football related income? If so, that would be the cherry on the top.

Now is that such a big ask? It would make the fans very happy.

I would be happy with a chairman who we can trust in the future existance of SUFC which i do not under Ron Martin. He has proved he is unreliably. If we had that i would be happy if they tripled my season ticket price!

I would be happy with a chairman who we can trust in the future existance of SUFC which i do not under Ron Martin. He has proved he is unreliably. If we had that i would be happy if they tripled my season ticket price!

Sorry but that is ridiculos, I do not believe that you would be "happy" if they tripled the season ticket price with a new chairman !!!

time is to unite against the board(albeit brady and martin) time to show them, that apart from the 6 or 7 on here that support them a good 4,000 or so fans do not support them, with the number of clubs that have had changed ownership in the last 10 years or, so why do some ppl think on here, there is no one out there, that wants to own a football club, especially one in the lower reaches of the basement division. Martin is not the saviour, and there will be alternatives. DId anyone think when doncaster went through their problems, although their chairman went a step further than martin by setting light to the ground(dont rule it out though!!) they would not have a new owner future

How do you know there are 4000 anti Ron Martin's out there? Have you done census?
If you know of any potential owners, passing Russian Oligarchs of Sheikhs of Araby then kindly point them in the direction of RM so he can obligingly sell out. Although to be fair we'd better avoid the Sheikhs as we haven't got the Empire anymore.

Out of recent Chairmen owners would you trust Rubin, Adams, Jobson, Johnson or Martin? Seems like we're out of the Rubin's frying pan into Johnson's fire and it becomes a never ending cycle.

Another have a go at Ron thread, when will it stop. I understand everyones frustration and am as fed up as the next person with the situation. But i have had far more pleasure this season than at any stage last. Why, because the players and manager care this season, you can see the joy in success and the pain in defeat. Last seasons crop didnt give a monkeys in the end, yes i know non payment of wages came into it, but i still believe we shoudlnt have gone down with that squad. This season team have worked damn hard to gel and become a team under very difficult circumstances and for that they deserve our support not 90 mins of anti RM chanting. If you want to protest, do it outside his house or in the car park. If you are not going to get behind the team then stay away and dont ruin it for the rest of us. I love this club, my dad does and so now my 7 year old son, are we renewing our ST? yes, why? because i couldnt live through the season watching SSN for the results. I need SUFC and its needs us. The price increase is hard to take, but we will find the money. UTB

Last edited:
Back