• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Number 10

I just have a funny feeling that we should sign this player, wasnt there to see him but i just got a hunch that he will do good stuff for us. :/

How old is he?

Also, sorry to be a pain, but would anyone who attended the match be able to give a quick mark out of 10 for the players?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ July 15 2006,20:34)]Was 21 in March.

Played in the World U20 Championship last year actually.
Played in first two games but never played after. Morrocco actually reached S/F and lost to Brazil in 90th minute of 3rd/4th Playoff

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hazey SUFC @ July 15 2006,20:31)]How old is he?

Also, sorry to be a pain, but would anyone who attended the match be able to give a quick mark out of 10 for the players?
Having just written all I've written on the other Chelmsford thread, there's absolutely no chance of these fingers typing match ratings up!

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hazey SUFC @ July 15 2006,20:31)]Also, sorry to be a pain, but would anyone who attended the match be able to give a quick mark out of 10 for the players?
Collis - 6 (had nothing to do!)

Francis - 8
Prior - 6.5
Barrett - 7.5
Wilson - 7

Bradbury - 7
Maher - 6.5
Smith - 7.5
Cole - 6.5

Ricketts - 6.5
Eastwood - 7.5

Subs:

Hunt - 7
Hammell - 7.5
Campbell-Ryce - 7.5
Gower - 6.5
Mssassi - 7.5
Lawson - 7
Guttridge - 7

erm MY marks out of 10 go as follows, take what you will...

Steve Collis - 6 - didnt have anything to do but what he did have to do he did without problems.
Simon Francis - 8 - Played very well and looked good both attacking and defending and showed lots of composure for a young lad.
Spencer Prior (45mins) - 7 - Did everything well and showed his experience on the field. The forwards never looked a threat for chelmsford, which is a compliment to any defender however bad the opposition is
Adam Barrett - 7 - Did the same job as spinner, but for longer.
Che Wilson (45mins) - 7 - Che played well making no mistakes and getting forward well.
Lee Bradbury (45mins) - 6 or 8 - 2 ways of looking at it, he made a few badly timed tackles, and a few good runs down the line. Didnt lose the ball much if at all. But he did put the effort in on the tackles and looks raring to go.
Kevin Maher (45mins) - 8 - Did well to get the ball back when he lost it and played good through balls that the strikers latched onto.
Jay Smith (45mins) - 7 - Didnt put a foot wrong, hardly noticed him, which showed how little he gave the ball away and missed a tackle. This also shows he didnt really have the creative edge to break down a well formationed chelmsford side.
Mitchell Cole (45mins) - 6 - Looked quick but didnt have the final ball and failed to impress me in the half he played.
Michael Ricketts (45mins) - 7 - This performance showed Ricketts ability but also showed how he is at our club, and not middlesborough/bolton.
Freddy Eastwood - 8 - Played well with nippy runs and did the chelmsford defenders quite easily. Rattled a shot against the post and looked as good as ever.
(subs)
Lewis Hunt - 7 - Did well going forward and was solid at the back
Steven Hammell - 8 - Decent crosser of the ball which planted the ball on lawsons head. Very competant defender aswell.
Jamal Campbell-Ryce - 7 - Did defenders but failed with the final ball. Tracked back well
Abderrahmane Mssassi - Looked impressive and was always in the right place, always on the move.
Luke Guttridge - 7 - Played well and i hardly noticed him. He still found his through balls and eastwood was unfortunately caught offside.
Mark Gower - 7 - Solid performance with a few good crosses. Worked well with Hammell.
James Lawson - 7 - Scored a decent header and wasn't bad by any means, but he didnt make me want to go crazy. Not bad lanky lawson.

Team Performance - 8 - Looked at a canter for the whole game and there was no bad performances, cole's being the worst and francis the best.

Interesting how we are all full of praise for Eastwood but no-one seems to be giving him a nine.

That was because he played against chelmsford, didnt score and only deserved an 8. He wasnt gonna run his legs off in the 1st/2nd (depending how you look at it) pre-season friendly, but fair point.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ July 15 2006,21:29)]erm MY marks out of 10 go as follows, take what you will...

Steve Collis - 6 - didnt have anything to do but what he did have to do he did without problems.
Simon Francis - 8 - Played very well and looked good both attacking and defending and showed lots of composure for a young lad.
Spencer Prior (45mins) - 7 - Did everything well and showed his experience on the field. The forwards never looked a threat for chelmsford, which is a compliment to any defender however bad the opposition is
Adam Barrett - 7 - Did the same job as spinner, but for longer.
Che Wilson (45mins) - 7 - Che played well making no mistakes and getting forward well.
Lee Bradbury (45mins) - 6 or 8 - 2 ways of looking at it, he made a few badly timed tackles, and a few good runs down the line. Didnt lose the ball much if at all. But he did put the effort in on the tackles and looks raring to go.
Kevin Maher (45mins) - 8 - Did well to get the ball back when he lost it and played good through balls that the strikers latched onto.
Jay Smith (45mins) - 7 - Didnt put a foot wrong, hardly noticed him, which showed how little he gave the ball away and missed a tackle. This also shows he didnt really have the creative edge to break down a well formationed chelmsford side.
Mitchell Cole (45mins) - 6 - Looked quick but didnt have the final ball and failed to impress me in the half he played.
Michael Ricketts (45mins) - 7 - This performance showed Ricketts ability but also showed how he is at our club, and not middlesborough/bolton.
Freddy Eastwood - 8 - Played well with nippy runs and did the chelmsford defenders quite easily. Rattled a shot against the post and looked as good as ever.
(subs)
Lewis Hunt - 7 - Did well going forward and was solid at the back
Steven Hammell - 8 - Decent crosser of the ball which planted the ball on lawsons head. Very competant defender aswell.
Jamal Campbell-Ryce - 7 - Did defenders but failed with the final ball. Tracked back well
Abderrahmane Mssassi - Looked impressive and was always in the right place, always on the move.
Luke Guttridge - 7 - Played well and i hardly noticed him. He still found his through balls and eastwood was unfortunately caught offside.
Mark Gower - 7 - Solid performance with a few good crosses. Worked well with Hammell.
James Lawson - 7 - Scored a decent header and wasn't bad by any means, but he didnt make me want to go crazy. Not bad lanky lawson.

Team Performance - 8 - Looked at a canter for the whole game and there was no bad performances, cole's being the worst and francis the best.
Interesting you say you hardly noticed Guttridge and Smith but say they played well - surely a contradiction in terms? Usually "hardly noticed him" denotes a very average game at best......

no it doesnt, it denotes a game with no mistakes, if someone makes many mistakes, it is more noticed than passing a ball on and then another guy receiving it. This denotes them to have had a very tidy game indeed.

I reckon mssassiissssiiiissi would be another trialist like the serbian guy from last year. He might seem good but Tilly would probably think he won't cut it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ July 16 2006,00:29)]I reckon mssassiissssiiiissi would be another trialist like the serbian guy from last year. He might seem good but Tilly would probably think he won't cut it.
I remeber Jozic. Looked good at first, but Tilly promptly decided that someone who is given the run-around by Great Wakering's forward line wasn't good enough to play in League 1...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ July 15 2006,19:15)]he also looks like cristiano ronaldo.
biggrin.gif
Surely we need to see Mssassi cry to really tell if the above is true, seeing as we've not seen Twistiano do anything else but (apart from the odd sulk or wink).

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ July 15 2006,19:23)]Overheard Maher talking to someone after the game who asked him who the number 10 was and Kev replied 'Dunno, Abdul somebody.'

Nothing like making someone feel welcome eh Kev?
That was me!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ July 16 2006,11:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ July 15 2006,19:23)]Overheard Maher talking to someone after the game who asked him who the number 10 was and Kev replied 'Dunno, Abdul somebody.'

Nothing like making someone feel welcome eh Kev?
That was me!
You're the mystery number 10?

Wow, congratulations.

Someone mentioned diving on another thread - did you see Mssassi go down after a tackle and for a split second he was going to grab his face - but thought better of it!?

Abderrahmane Mssassi, I thought he look ok, pass the ball round nicely & win the ball in midfield & lay it off to another players, do thing simple - he even took an long range shot straight at the City goalkeeper. I reckon he should get another go agasint Orient, that will be an test if he is good enough for Championship level. Unless Great Walkering midfielders will run ring around him on Weds night, otherwise hopefully he get an chance agasint Orient.

Back