• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Match 3

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
the_yak_pack v BATTY SHRIMPERS

BOT bashing today, so we could be top at 5.00. PFL's getting there, so we should be fully fit before Sunday's Cup game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Queens Park CC v DIBS DIPPERS

Top-of-the-table Mrs BB takes on the side in 6th. Squad fully fit, although she hasn't managed to replace Hodges yet. Luckily for Mrs BB her reserve bowler is a Spinner, and her oppo has a Dusty pitch. Full-strength on a GFI, as she has my oppo from today in next week's FC game.

Postwar's v ShrimperZone CC

Not bot but they sold up and their best player is 15k BTR. Much resting occuring, Benji the only first team bowler playing with Richie and Sini both given the day off. Will give us a fully fit squad for the cup game on Sunday and then hopefully equally fit for Gatley next week where we've changed our pitch to H&F to try and grind out a draw.

Effectively bot bashing so another day off for the worst affected. I'm going to have to think long and hard about Sundays cup game especially if I pick nothing up in the TM. May have to roll over though opps are also struggling with a couple of tired high raters and a small squad.

TDC-vs- General Stars

They have a couple of monsters in their side, one of which i've just got out, the other is still in! Pitch is dusty and its PC & H so want to limit them to sub 200 if possible!

End of Over 17: 86-3, runrate=5.06
Richardson 2-0-8-1
Dick* 31 (46 balls)
Lepolesa 6 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Tebello c. Browne b. Richardson 46 (FOW: 80/3)

I love BOT bashing :smiles:
the_yak_pack v BATTY SHRIMPERS

the_yak_pack won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Cracked

End of Over 18: 28-7, runrate=1.56
Begg 4-3-1-3
Greening* 0 (5 balls)
Ifill 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Suttonwood b. Begg 0 (FOW: 28/7)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB spinners starting to turn the screw.

DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 18: 87-0, runrate=4.83
Kealey 4-0-14-0
Gooding* 28 (44 balls)
Cherry 55 (64 balls)

Not much of an issue here.

End of Over 17: 139-0, runrate=8.18
Lebimo 2-0-24-0
Lamey* 79 (49 balls)
Mcleod 58 (54 balls)

What's your stamina like Orm? I've played pretty much a full line up in every game other than one cup game where I rested two players and both my FC games went to 3 days. Yet as at today everyone is energetic or above. Don't understand how you can be struggling so badly PFL wise.

3rd Vs. 4th, what's a decent score on this pitch and weather?

Littleton v Southend United

We can tell you that Littleton won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking like a road. As flat as a pancake. No help for the bowlers on this sunny day.

End of Over 24: 134-1, runrate=5.58
Alcock 7-0-36-0
Wright* 9 (18 balls)
Marcel 76 (80 balls)
Last Wicket: Joost c. Andre b. Botha 47 (FOW: 105/1)

Playing Phils hostpurs, who have sold up, yet his army of proficients, strongs and superbs are looking like making us bowl 50 overs. First team out on TIE as all were energetic and above.

End of Over 24: 70-2, runrate=2.92
Blaney 2-1-8-0
Mdingane* 40 (69 balls)
Pienaar 3 (27 balls)
Last Wicket: Nelson c & b. Rennie 19 (FOW: 48/2)

End of Over 28: 99-4, runrate=3.54
Raven 4-0-5-0
Dick* 40 (75 balls)
Ball 3 (32 balls)

Last Wicket: Lepolesa c. Browne b. Waters 7 (FOW: 91/4)

Ball is slowing things down nicely!

Does this represent good value!? Listed for 8.5 million ...

10. Simon Shipp (2560654) Simon is an attacking RH Batsman, and an attacking RF Bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and respectable experience.

He currently has mediocre batting form, proficient bowling form and lively fitness.

Plays For: Priapismic Frotagers
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 102,284
Wages: £50,133 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: worthless Concentration: respectable
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: masterful
Fielding: quality

This cost me 7 million a couple of weeks ago, so compared to that, it's not great value, no. I'm also starting to feel buying good players is a waste of money, as lesser players do just as well under this sodding ME.

10. Kanan Raipur (1924280) shortcut

Kanan is an attacking RH Batsman, and an attacking RF Bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and miraculous experience.

He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and sublime fitness.
Plays For: Southend
Nationality: India
Dual Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 155,525 (+9253)
Wages: £117,205 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
Bowling: phenomenal Consistency: elite
Fielding: superb

Fair do's!!

End of Over 33: 112-6, runrate=3.39
Richardson 10-2-17-2
Dick* 46 (82 balls)
Morne 1 (10 balls)

Last Wicket: Saunders c. Browne b. Richardson 6 (FOW: 108/6)

Great bowling from Richardson.

Raven goes for just over 4 million quid. If i can win today and Sunday's cup game and get a home draw next week, that should give me at least another 1.2/4 million pound by the end of next weekend so will have about 6.5 million to spend!

Patience is key. I've overpaid due to rushing into signing players twice now, most recently on an all-rounder who was 28 at the time.

I'd say the age makes it as good value at the very least. You can take him up another level and you have 9 or 10 years out of him. Muse's player will always be a bit less due to the wage.

We don't seem to have suffered from the 25-40 over lull.

End of Over 36: 290-1, runrate=8.06
Swonnell 8-0-71-0
Mcleod* 148 (120 balls)
Sandile 30 (20 balls)

Last Wicket: Lamey c. Hiller b. Jannie 109 (FOW: 207/1)

I wouldn't pay 8.5m for any exquisites anymore, personally. There was a day when they went for 10m+ (I remember buying one, whoops) but nowadays they're cheaper. Good point about age though, can get a good 12 seasons out of him.

As he ends soon, it may be worth seeing if he comes up again cheaper.

A couple of old SZ bowlers are up on the list - Sutherland from B's team, and Shyjal from mine.

Obviously sooner the better but i do have anything upto 3 weeks to replace Raven so wont be rushing into anything.

Won by 10 wickets, boosting my NRR by 5.68 in the process.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like a tricky chase for Mrs BB.

DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 46: 234-2, runrate=5.09
Eagles 8-0-54-0
Etherington* 62 (69 balls)
Newton 34 (40 balls)

Last Wicket: Cherry c. Stride b. Lock 94 (FOW: 155/2)

Back