• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD Promotions and Relegations

And that's the end of the match. Southchurch Village CC won by 4 wickets.
Mighty Mashervania 132-10
Southchurch Village CC 133-6

End of Over 42: 133-6, runrate=3.17
Aldous 8-1-35-0
Shashidhar* 45 (73 balls)
Bowditch 5 (25 balls)

Get in! Not often my bowlers make a fist of it but Shash (strong/resp) and Bowditch (abys/feeble) hold out where my batsmen couldn't with a partnership of 42.

First time in level IV

congrats, hope you get an easier level iv than i did!

:clap:

That's a really impressive achievement.

Sadly it's looking like it'll be something I'll never quite achieve:

End of Over 41: 178-7, runrate=4.34, reqrunrate=4.22 (215-10)
Abraham 6-0-29-3
Chill* 28 (49 balls)
Blaney 1 (2 balls)
Last Wicket: Gamaarachchi Hit Wicket b. Abraham 0 (FOW: 174/7)

SUFC_Al said:
And that's the end of the match. Southchurch Village CC won by 4 wickets.
Mighty Mashervania 132-10
Southchurch Village CC 133-6

End of Over 42: 133-6, runrate=3.17
Aldous 8-1-35-0
Shashidhar* 45 (73 balls)
Bowditch 5 (25 balls)

Get in! Not often my bowlers make a fist of it but Shash (strong/resp) and Bowditch (abys/feeble) hold out where my batsmen couldn't with a partnership of 42.

First time in level IV
Well done mate :clap:

cheers chaps :)

Mighty Mashervania Southchurch Village CC
Top Order: quality sensational
Middle Order: quality quality
Lower Order: woeful abysmal
Seam Bowling: masterful sensational
Spin Bowling: masterful miraculous
Fielding: competent feeble
MOTM: Fletcher

And that's the end of the match. Phils hotspurs won by 24 runs.
Phils hotspurs 215-10
Southend 191-10

Never mind. Congrats SUFC_Al!

5th and 6th placed sides lose their PO's so i will see 5 new teams in my OD league next season!

congrats, hope you get an easier level iv than i did!

Can someone do some quick analysis over the number of times Nap has brought this up over the last few weeks? got to be double figures by now ;)

Both teams in my OD league won their play offs which is good as I'm better than both of them.

Touch, touch, TOUCH!

Wanted to add another proficient 17yo trainee to my single net roster for next season. Had set myself a limit of £400k and have had to watch a succession of them go for £450-500k. However my patient outlook worked and I managed to add this guy for just £153k:

Max Koen - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,420, Wage=£498
A defensive LH batsman and a destructive LF bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and woeful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Two batting nets last week with no pop and what makes it better is I sold Lebese who is 29 and identical for £120k!! I now have a nice lttle army of 17yo's ready to single net away:

Gavin Nadauld - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,526
Christian Reinhardt - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,828
Davy Lock - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,839
Hüseyin Wildeman - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,673
Max Koen - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,420

All proficient bar Lock (who has respectable stamina) and two of them have received training since popping. A single net each and a stamina net to share. Leaves 2 on Graham and another stamina net to move round the first team.

I realise they will all age imminently but training time difference is about a week between 17 and 18 so training for profit doesn't work with new 17yo's. Hopefully I will get a couple of decent pulls to top the bank balance back up. These 5 cost me just over £1m combined.

If we're talking of good transfers:

14. Hemachandra Gamaarachchi (2568570)

Hemachandra is a steady RH Batsman, and a steady RF Bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and feeble experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and energetic fitness.
Plays For: Southend
Nationality: Sri Lanka
Battrick Rating: 36,826 (+505)
Wages: £10,335 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: strong
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: strong
Fielding: mediocre

Date From To Price BT Rating
03/07/2010 Hilly's Heroes Southend £4,165,297 36,212

Listed today, current bid £5.5million. He was remarkable/prof when I bought him. 1.4m in 7 weeks, hopefully more.

Back