• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD week 12

Napster

No ⭐
Bit late! Playing a decent side, and I'm struggling again. Havent won for quite a while now...

End of Over 34: 113-7, runrate=3.32
Harkness 7-1-30-1
Prag* 25 (56 balls)
Dyer 7 (6 balls)

Last Wicket: Whittingham c. Henshaw b. Croft 3 (FOW: 102/7)

Put into bowl first, and kept them to a reasonable score on a green ptich on a sunny day

End of Over 43: 143-10, runrate=3.33
Hulse 6-1-12-2
Mcconnell* 4 (15 balls)

In reply, two of my best bats out

End of Over 1: 7-2, runrate=7.00, reqrunrate=2.80 (143-10)
Oldenbeuving 1-0-7-2
Wright* 1 (1 balls)
Hoult 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Marcel c. Brough b. Oldenbeuving 2 (FOW: 6/2)
0.6 1 Oldenbeuving to Wright
Whipped off his pads, and they run through for a single.
0.5 W Oldenbeuving to Marcel
What a catch! Who needs a slip cordon when Brough is in the team?
0.4 2 Oldenbeuving to Marcel
Rocks onto the back foot and cuts it away for an easy two.
0.3 W Oldenbeuving to Artell
Slower ball not picked by Artell, he was through the shot too soon and he spoons a sitter back to Oldenbeuving.
0.2 4 Oldenbeuving to Artell
The keeper looks at first slip, first slip looks at the keeper, and Oldenbeuving looks frustrated seeing that genuine edge go between them. That should really have been taken.
0.1 . Oldenbeuving to Artell
Tight shortish ball on off stump, gets right in behind it, defending from the crease with a straight bat, played back to Oldenbeuving.

Won by 7 wickets in the end, Wright 73* and Hoult 56

Battrick Nightmare won the toss and elected to bat.
Reporter's Summary
Battrick Nightmare Southend United
Top Order: quality exquisite
Middle Order: strong wonderful
Lower Order: woeful abysmal
Seam Bowling: strong miraculous
Spin Bowling: useless mediocre
Fielding: competent mediocre
MOTM: Wright

Greetings from sunny Portugal!

Logged in to find my opponents had surprisingly mustered up 252-5. Was a bit worried at 100-3 and 150-4 but Richie and Sini saw us home. A win next week will almost secure promotion as I think we have a better NRR.

Signed a wonderful/wonderful quickie to replace Hayter. Big drop in skill but almost 100k a week saved in wages!! Gives us more bowling variation as well now.

Got some cash in reserve to spend on a trainee all rounder next season, or fingers crossed pull one. Also means I'm finally earning max interest again.

163 all out for me today. Deane's 46 was the only half-decent contribution! With them at 35/0 it didn't look good nor did it at 70/2 but got continious wickets after that and all the bowlers did brilliantly. Raven's 10-5-14-3 was the stand out as Guys 4 wickets came at the death getting the tail enders!

Upto 4th after that crucial win and have 6th and 7th to face. 5th are on 24 , im on 26 , 3rd are on 28 and 4th on 32 , so 3rd is looking like the best i can manage!

Kev

Back