• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Odd places you've fallen asleep

MK Shrimper

Striker
So Uncle Leo fell asleep on the North Bank.

I've fallen asleep at:

The play "Art" - helped by lots of alcohol and the fact it's ****. Made funnier as the theatre was virtually empty.
A lot of musicals I've taken Mrs MK to. For some reason they send me to sleep.
A night club (I kid you not) when I was young, drunk and bored by the music (it was Bhangra/Bollywood - don't ask).
During a training course for work.

Fortunately never on a train or nightbus and missed my stop miles from home despite being tanked up. Always fortunately woke up before my stop :thumbsup:

I like sleep me :smile:

At Wembley Stadium. A few beers, a very warm day and a dull set by Doves, who were supporting Oasis, led me to have a quick snooze.

Fall asleep all the time in the cinema.

Done training courses before.

Slept on a train from London to Southend and then back to Goodmayes, wherever the **** that its, before waking up about 4 in the morning.

Slept at my desk at work for a good hour or two back in the 80's when there was an acceptable drinking culture :smile:

Watching Mansun. Dreary.

On trains, loads and missed my stop about 10 times in the past. Can't manage sleep on a plane though for some reason.

Oh dear, so many times... many many times at TOTS when I was working there....I was known to sit down somewhere at about 11 on a sofa and wake up at 2....I even nodded off once in between records whilst dj'ing....The worst was I had arranged to meet a girl one night late in the club..she turned up found me asleep and I never saw her again, strange that.

I feel asleep at wheel on my Mini Cooper that I had just had painted Aubergine a week before with all sorts of nice toys in it, when I was about 20 in Rochford at 4am. I took a lamp post down outside of the Police station and ended up with the engine sitting in my chest,a broken hip and the car a complete write off..not nice..I still limp a little today when it is cold. The lamp post cost me £800 to replace then. :blush:

The list is endless.

Sod off Git :smile:..the weird thing is that the girl I was supposed to meet that night , ( we became good mates after) rang me last night from Florida.... Spooky.

There is another great question deserving a thread here Paul.

I spent the night at Victoria Station in London once. I can't say I actually slept because I don't think I actually did for more than a few minutes.

At the age of about 15/16 friends of mine and I went to a beach party in Brighton on a Saturday night and got very drunk. The person we were supposed to be staying with refused to put us up in our state so we got a train back to Victoria. The problem was that we arrived after the tubes had stopped and didn't have enough money to get a cab across London to Fenchurch Street.

We had no choice than to spend the night at the station. For the first two or three hours we were being hassled by a ****ed homeless person, until (in our sobered up but hungover/tired state) we realised he was after the half bottle of Vodka we still had with us.

At about 5 in the morning the cafe opened and we were able to get some breakfast. We also get a tube across to Fenchurch Street, and a train to Southend. But, we couldn't actually go home otherwise our parents would want to know how we managed to get back from Brighton by about 8.30 in the morning. So we hung around Southend High Street for a couple of hours before we got trains home.

That was a horrible experience, but one we laugh at a lot these days.

Reminds me of some ex-posters who spent the night at Liverpool St after missing the last train home due to someone wanting just "one more glass of red". :hilarious:

He never found that flag y'now.

Roots Hall 10th Jan 1987 v Peterborough ,I bob of for my son to wake me up and ask what were we doing down there .Iknow we dreww 2-2 but I was so cold sitting in the East Stand .

In a field somewhere between the carpenters arms and the A127. Next to a bloody ants nest

Wycombe Wanders in the mid 90's (just after Princess Diana's death), got to the Shoebury Hotel at opening time and was wasted when I got on the coach.
Fallen to sleep on Orford Island during a fishing match and still manged to win the match.

I spent the night at Victoria Station in London once. I can't say I actually slept because I don't think I actually did for more than a few minutes.

At the age of about 15/16 friends of mine and I went to a beach party in Brighton on a Saturday night and got very drunk. The person we were supposed to be staying with refused to put us up in our state so we got a train back to Victoria. The problem was that we arrived after the tubes had stopped and didn't have enough money to get a cab across London to Fenchurch Street.

We had no choice than to spend the night at the station. For the first two or three hours we were being hassled by a ****ed homeless person, until (in our sobered up but hungover/tired state) we realised he was after the half bottle of Vodka we still had with us.

At about 5 in the morning the cafe opened and we were able to get some breakfast. We also get a tube across to Fenchurch Street, and a train to Southend. But, we couldn't actually go home otherwise our parents would want to know how we managed to get back from Brighton by about 8.30 in the morning. So we hung around Southend High Street for a couple of hours before we got trains home.

That was a horrible experience, but one we laugh at a lot these days.

Surely the cost of breakfast, new tube and train tickets the following morning would have been more than enough to cover a cab ride across London?

Surely the cost of breakfast, new tube and train tickets the following morning would have been more than enough to cover a cab ride across London?

We already had our train tickets. Breakfast (2 drinks and two croissant between four of us) plus tube tickets times four wouldn't even have covered the initial fixed charge of a black cab at about 1.00 am...

Come out of tots a few years ago and couldn't get a taxi so we sat down on a roundabout all three of us, next thing I knew we got woken up some two hours later by passers by, my mate lost his keys out of his pocket also, they were the days:stunned:

Nope, never fallen asleep anywhere I wasn't supposed to. I think blokes' brains just switch off more readily!!! :winking:

Back