• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Odd places you've fallen asleep

Fell asleep on the floor in Amsterdam train station on a stag do and was woken up by a guy on a floor cleaner just sort of driving into me to try and move me out of the way.

Also fell asleep in the toilet at Butlins when I was 16 (and smashed), the whole place was locked up when I came to and I had to find a cleaner to let me out.

a mate of mine passed out in the disabled toilet at KFC southend high street after celebrating his a-level results. the rest of us were too drunk to notice he had disappeared and continued with our bar crawl. 4 hours later he turned up at tots with a new shirt & trousers on. turns out the staff found him unconscious, called an ambulance, and he went to A&E. stomach pumped, taxi home, change of clothes & made his way back into town. legend :thumbsup:

I can sleep virtually anywhere, but never anywhere as odd as those above. Mate of mine falls asleep standing up in clubs quite often.

I've missed my stop a number of times on the commute home after a few bevvies, waking up at Southend, and getting a cab back to Rayleigh from Southend. Equally, when exiled in Surrey, I used to miss my stop (Egham) and end up cabbing or if really brave* ringing the ex for a lift from Ascot.

One of my best though was when I had a second job in the evenings. I had a 7-finish shift on a Saturday, enough time for me to head to Roots Hall and have a quick couple of pints afterwards. Quick couple turned into a few, added on to those I'd had before the game and half time; I was in no position to work. Undeterred I decided to soldier into work regardless, convinced that some chips and a can of cream soda would sober me up. Needless to say I awoke at Liverpool Street station sporting a half portion of cold chips an hour after my shift had started, with a dozen missed calls from my boss and ex (Not the same one) who also worked at the same place, and the proud owner of several disapproving glares. Bizarrely I still managed to keep that job for a few more months (a little bit longer than the girlfriend) as I claimed the toll of working and commuting to London in the day and working the evenings had taken it's toll and I just needed a break.

*drunk

Back