• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Official at last. PB signs up.

PB produces extremely fit, aggressive teams that can play - after the absolute ****e Molesley served up all season what the hell is not to like?

Next stop, clear out the players with the 90%+ lose ratios - step forward Ralph, Lennon, Acquah etc etc. Time to say goodbye and no thanks at all for the memories.

I still can’t believe that such a high percentage of fans were backing Molesley even at the death.

No, the clubs woes weren’t remotely anything to do with him but by God the sh!tty non-attacking football served up with exception to that brief run of form in the back part of 2020 certainly had his mark on it, the change in style when Brown came back, & with the SAME players backs that up.

MMs one saving grace is that made us difficult to beat.

I still can’t believe that such a high percentage of fans were backing Molesley even at the death.

No, the clubs woes weren’t remotely anything to do with him but by God the sh!tty non-attacking football served up with exception to that brief run of form in the back part of 2020 certainly had his mark on it, the change in style once Brown arrived backs that up.

Exactly this. How many times does a player need to show you that he’s simply not good enough? In Molesley’s case apparently 20 or 30 times wasn’t enough.

No, the clubs woes weren’t remotely anything to do with him but by God the sh!tty non-attacking football served up with exception to that brief run of form in the back part of 2020 certainly had his mark on it, the change in style once Brown arrived backs that up.

Agreed. Everytime I paid 10 squid on a Saturday to watch ifollow, I knew I was going to be mugged off on value for money.

Personally PB's not for me, but he'll have my support of course.
My main worries are that firstly he won't dump enough of the current squad who either aren't good enough and/ or have that losing mentality engrained in them.
Secondly, unless he's prepared to listen to others, i fear we'll end up with a host of players who have been around the block and won't add significant value to the team/ club.
An example I will give is when he was appointed Swindon manager in 2018 and he signed Jermaine Mcglashan who he knew from his time with us, but who'd spent the majority of the time on our subs bench. It was a lazy signing that just made no sense.
More than ever this summer we need to be thinking outside of the box in terms of recruitment.

Now time for Ron to appoint a CEO and get Stan on board asap in order that we finally have a proper structure at our club.

Last edited:
PB produces extremely fit, aggressive teams that can play - after the absolute ****e Molesley served up all season what the hell is not to like?

Next stop, clear out the players with the 90%+ lose ratios - step forward Ralph, Lennon, Acquah etc etc. Time to say goodbye and no thanks at all for the memories.
Steady on re: Aquah. Surely, we can do better?

I'm watching Sutton Utd v Woking (1-1 at moment and Sutton have hit the bar(beautyman))
should have scored, and I have to say that ( worryingly) that this is about our level.

That is to say the average we have been playing all season, and if we played our current squad, we would probably draw against both these teams....sadly

I'm watching Sutton Utd v Woking (1-1 at moment and Sutton have hit the bar(beautyman))
should have scored, and I have to say that ( worryingly) that this is about our level.

That is to say the average we have been playing all season, and if we played our current squad, we would probably draw against both these teams....sadly
It may be above our current level, but that will rise when Based Phil ships out all the Molesley refuse.

Agree about Lennon and Acquah but I would keep Ralph if he is returning to fitness.

Well I am absolutely delighted.

Under the circumstances the right decision imo. I have said before I am not a PB disciple, but I am not a PB "hater" either. So, we have a manager who knows the club, knows the area, has had a chance to assess the current squad, in training and meaningful matches not friendlies.

The budget must have been agreeable for PB to sign, so I can only assume we will mean business next season. One message for Phil though.....Time to step up to the plate starts now not August!

Wants to add another ex player to the back room staff, under those circumstances what's not to like?

Get the deadwood out early, already scouting and we have, hopefully, Stan in the background with his assessment and knowledge to the retained lists and influence.

Oh well, at least it's only a 2 year deal.

We'll need to tighten our belts again around January 2023 if we're not in the promotion mix.

However if we can appoint a CEO with a long term plan that can mitigate some of the damage.

With what will be one of the biggest budgets and inheriting a solid defence there can be no excuses.

But we wasn't relegated under him, I'm not sure what your point is.

Not interested into getting in a debate over this, but i think the point 'Overseas Shrimper' was highlighting, was PB's comment about ' to get it back to where it was when i left'?.
At that time, we'd lost 7 out of our last 8 games, & were 2 pts above the relegation positions?.

Back