• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Official at last. PB signs up.

No way phil would have signed a 2/3 year contract to be manager if the player budget was not good enough to put together a very decent squad and attract some decent players on good wages.
Phil said in his interview at the end of the season that Rons ambition has to match mine or i wont be here..

Listen, he aint for me but he's got my backing. Get the retained list sorted by Friday and lets get cracking
Agree, personally I like him but for those that don’t, let’s get right behind brown for next season. I would take mid table right now if offered we just need that ‘meh’ season to steady things and build on that

Our budget is already half a million higher than everyone else (other than Grimsby) because of the EFL parachute.

Our attendances are going to be triple what half the division gets (and our tickets will probably be more too).

We'll probably be on BT Sport more than any other team in the division.

We won't necessarily have an advantage over the entire division but we will have a significant financial advantage over a sizeable amount of the division.

Last 8 years more like:Sad:

That's not budget - that's external revenue. If Ron is only prepared to put in say 100k extra and some other club's owner is prepared to put a couple of million, then the budgets will be different.

But I get your gist, in theory, excluding owner's backing, our income should be higher than many of the other clubs

Our budget is already half a million higher than everyone else (other than Grimsby) because of the EFL parachute.

Our attendances are going to be triple what half the division gets (and our tickets will probably be more too).

We'll probably be on BT Sport more than any other team in the division.

We won't necessarily have an advantage over the entire division but we will have a significant financial advantage over a sizeable amount of the division.

Last 8 years more like:Sad:

Wrexham will have a bigger budget than us.

That's not budget - that's external revenue. If Ron is only prepared to put in say 100k extra and some other club's owner is prepared to put a couple of million, then the budgets will be different.

But I get your gist, in theory, excluding owner's backing, our income should be higher than many of the other clubs

Exactly. We're in a much better starting position than the vast majority of clubs. There may be one or two with a bigger budget but we'll have a significant advantage over 90% of the division.

the keeper we had as cover for a couple of games .I know he went to chesterfield on a short term deal untill the end of the season .Played well between the sticks and is a good non leauge keeper .

the keeper we had as cover for a couple of games .I know he went to chesterfield on a short term deal untill the end of the season .Played well between the sticks and is a good non leauge keeper .

Montgomery. I think Chesterfield are keen to re-sign him.

I still can’t believe that such a high percentage of fans were backing Molesley even at the death.

No, the clubs woes weren’t remotely anything to do with him but by God the sh!tty non-attacking football served up with exception to that brief run of form in the back part of 2020 certainly had his mark on it, the change in style when Brown came back, & with the SAME players backs that up.

MMs one saving grace is that made us difficult to beat.

Still got us relegated.

I understand that - on the other hand PB has been with us 5 years, has connections to the area, and has come back. Would we say an ex player with 5 years and 200 appearance would fit the bill- maybe we would? And he is looking like he will have in his team people with a good association with the club.

I think given we want to be successful it would be very hard to find better that would also tick boxes on history with club.

We are obviously all entitled to an opinion and I am happy with PB but I have said for a long time there have been options who have SUFC blood in their veins who have been overlooked and probably wouldn't entertain us now anyway.

3 years ago RM sacked PB and I seem to recall most supporters being happy with the decision at the time I just hope this isn't being rushed and is within budget as more financial problems are the last thing we need.

Back