• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My wife was at the game today, no real interest in football but even she couldn't understand why the ref was so bad

Was the referee on a different planet to everyone else!

Even the dodgy lino was on our side, but if in some later life we find out the game was corruptly officiated, I wouldn't be surprised.

OK, couple of yellows for us in the first half. Fair enough, but why wasn't their guy carded for doing the same thing to Wordy.

Cox was going through on goal. The ref had to decide if it was a coming together or a deliberate attempt to hold Cox back. It happened right in front of us. I could see why he possibly just erred on the side of caution. But then he red carded Lenny for something he didn't even see properly.

Likewise, when Cokes and their fella were tugging away at each other, he was looking the other way. Turned round and just carded them both.

He wasn't at the races and seriously lost control of the match. Big time!

Back to astonishingly bad Referees again. Where do you begin? ......... the fact he needed the ginger gills Lino to help him at the end says absolutely everything .. atrocious all game for both sides. Just couldn't get a thing right or make consistent calls. We have just won 3-0 with ten men and first thing I'm talking about AGAIN is the officiating. It's pathetic.

He began officiating during his late teens.....

umm - another one who has never played the game -

completely lost control of the game - players on both sides were taking p#ss - conning him left right and centre..

bottled decisions all day and kept trying to be mates with Anton -

at this level you get all the crap box ticker triers who just aren't good enough -

Please explain why the red on Lenny was right; I'd like to see it again, but in didn't look dangerous or excessive, however it'll be interesting to see what it looks like on TV

High. Late. Foot up. I've now seen it on the telly, and he got it right.

I gather PB isn't even bothering with an appeal.

Bristol Rovers slim chance of the play offs would have been enhanced had we lost today. Bristol born ref lives nearby in Weston super mare. Only saying.......

High. Late. Foot up. I've now seen it on the telly, and he got it right.

I gather PB isn't even bothering with an appeal.

Would be interested to hear from the referee's union their opinion on his performance overall...... I thought he was poor throughout for both teams.......mainly ours of course.

Would be interested to hear from the referee's union their opinion on his performance overall...... I thought he was poor throughout for both teams.......mainly ours of course.

There is no such thing as the Referees Union.

He will have got assessed, and that assessment remains between the assessor, the referee and the FA

Looked like he loved the sound of his own voice, what was with all those cosy chats with Anton in the first half? He'll probably be reffing the Prem in a few years, he looked the sort of Prima Donna that they covert.

Just awful. I thought the tackle that Lenny was sent off for was not much worse than 50/50, but Oldham were going down and appealing absolutely everything so I wasn't really surprised to see his card out so quick. What I fail to understand though, is how he can give that but not give the one on the guy who fouled Cox when through...surely he was last man so it has to be a red card offence?

I thought he was actually looking to send Woody off, half expected him to be subbed as a result. Gutted for Lenny though.

Just seen very short highlights. I can't see any arguments with the red but the thing that I can't understand is the penalty. Being unsighted is one thing but he didn't even seem to look across at the Lino for confirmation

I thought he was actually looking to send Woody off, half expected him to be subbed as a result. Gutted for Lenny though.

There was a great moment in the first half, just after an Oldham player had made a meal of a challenge.

A few seconds later, Woody did the same thing as a p*** take, after a tackle. Rolling around and screaming.

Great sense of humour, Woody. Like when he mimicked Chris MaGuire's goal celebration in the check-a-trade match! :smile:

I saw something early in the 1st half that I've never seen before, and to me it really summed the ref up. Coker went up to the ref and told him to calm down. I've never seen a player do that before, but Coker could obviously sense he was losing it in some way.

To be fair to the ref, Lenny's was a red all day long.

Ironically I think the ref actually did us a favour, if he had of sent of their defender, and he should have, then Oldham would have put more bodies behind the ball and been harder to break down, something we struggle with.

The sense of injustice after Lennies sending off spurred us on, and combined with Oldhams sense of relief playing against 10 men seemed to be the turning point.

I saw something early in the 1st half that I've never seen before, and to me it really summed the ref up. Coker went up to the ref and told him to calm down. I've never seen a player do that before, but Coker could obviously sense he was losing it in some way.

Very good point, that.

That also seemed to be what the players were saying around Lenny's sending off and a couple of incidents before that.

Cox and, again Coker, I saw gesturing to the ref in that way.

His long drawn out conversations with players were a bit bizarre.

There was a great moment in the first half, just after an Oldham player had made a meal of a challenge.

A few seconds later, Woody did the same thing as a p*** take, after a tackle. Rolling around and screaming.

Great sense of humour, Woody. Like when he mimicked Chris MaGuire's goal celebration in the check-a-trade match! :smile:
Yes, he did do it as a **** take but the ref had no sense of humour and, I think, that was when he got booked.

Not that it will have any effect, but I shall be writing a letter of complaint. It'll make me feel a lot better!

Not sure he was booked for that, at the time, if it's the incident I am thinking of.

He was booked for the previous foul that he then mimicked a moment later when it happened to him.

I remember thinking he should be careful, as, like you say, the ref had no sense of humour.

He actually had very little sense of anything!

Not sure he was booked for that, at the time, if it's the incident I am thinking of.

He was booked for the previous foul that he then mimicked a moment later when it happened to him.

You may be right, I couldn't quite remember!

What I fail to understand though, is how he can give that but not give the one on the guy who fouled Cox when through...surely he was last man so it has to be a red card offence?

Agreed - I cannot understand how it was a yellow card....unless I misunderstand the rules it has to be a red card or no card....there can't be any doubt that Cox was clear on goal, he was in the middle of the pitch with no one else near him, so either it was a deliberate foul and a red card or an accidental foul and no card....the yellow card just summed up the refs whole performance he either bottled it or was cheating.

We see some shocking officials at this level we really do, and generally I'm not one to complain...they tend to even themselves out, but yesterday was maybe only the 2nd or 3rd time I genuinely thought the ref was cheating...it wasn't just the big decisions it was everything he did and the way he went about it.....though weirdly once we went 2-0 up he seemed to give up, along with the Oldham players.

Back