• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Oldham vs SUFC

1st goal Mildenhall - not a clue out of position should have saved that

2nd goal there players rounds our midfield and our defence before shooting past Mildenhall at his far post

I saw these on The Football League Show last night. It is quite embarresing really. Mildenhall should be saving the 1st goal. It's camr from a fair way out, so he's had time to adjust/react, yet it's gone right through him. Crap.

The second was even worse. Not sure what Grant and McCormack were doing. Both seemed to have the attitude of "oh **** it, i'll let someone else deal with it". Again, Crap.

We are no different to any other club when it comes to having a go at the players, we have been relegated today with a team that does not give a ****, what do you expect

What I expect is fans to not give abuse to a player who has been here for six months, and has 3 years left on his contract!

We are relegated, yes, but I wouldn't say all of the players don't give a **** they do, it's their careers, they might not actually care about the club, but most of them out there do care about football.

Abusing the player with the longest contract, is not a very good idea, because it will again have the Paynter affect, don't want that to happen again.

Now for a lovely next year with 35 + wins. It can't be all bad.

What I expect is fans to not give abuse to a player who has been here for six months, and has 3 years left on his contract!

We are relegated, yes, but I wouldn't say all of the players don't give a **** they do, it's their careers, they might not actually care about the club, but most of them out there do care about football.

Abusing the player with the longest contract, is not a very good idea, because it will again have the Paynter affect, don't want that to happen again.

Now for a lovely next year with 35 + wins. It can't be all bad.

I am not condoning it at all, all I am saying is you would get the same from any other set of supporters in the land.

Yestoday was a joke!

What was Mildy do for their first goal.
We have some **** up front that when he has a open goal he tries to do something else with it. What the **** is going on! The only positive was OUR FANS superb again yestoday! :)

Love it how Milddy gets the blame fo the 1st goal, yeah when it happened I did blame Jim but now seeing a few times on the tv it was just a well taken goal and really not much he could of done.

He only as good as what's in front of him and this season it's not good

Love it how Milddy gets the blame fo the 1st goal, yeah when it happened I did blame Jim but now seeing a few times on the tv it was just a well taken goal and really not much he could of done.

True he has got a pile of **** in front of him. Did you see their second goal?

HE might have seen it late looking at it again - he was obviously wrong footed

Definitly his fault G-man. He flapped at it, even though it was direct at him.

The rest of the defence have to take a caning aswell, but Mildy has to be making those saves.

Didnt go to the game, saw the goals on the Football League show. TBH its no worse than other games I have seen this season, and I dont think blame can be laid anywhere on the field - the biggest issue has been in the higher realms at the club, where the owners seemed to have forgotten the purpose of the club is to be successful ON the pitch, to ensure that the "bigger picture" (tax bills, winding up orders, insolvency, new stadium etc) is stabilised. This has been at the expense of not supporting the primary purpose of the club by not giving the manager and the players the resources to do the job. I suspect that is why Paul Brush was dismissed , because he probably had the audacity to speak out, and I very much got the impression from Adam Barratts interview on BBC Essex after the game that this is a commonly held view in the dressing room.

In terms of on the field 'crimes' - the entire defence, including Mildy, have become past masters in flapping this season, and the consequences speak for themselves!

Having seen the goals, Mildy should've definitely saved the first. It was almost in the middle of the goal and it appeared as if he moved his left hand too late. The second was just half arsed embarrassment from Grant, McCormack and Francis.

I'm incredibly disappointed to see the reaction to Paterson. The kid clearly has something about him, but thanks to the fans reaction and the way he's being managed as well, he's already nailed on to be another that 'got away'. Great.

I'm incredibly disappointed to see the reaction to Paterson. The kid clearly has something about him, but thanks to the fans reaction and the way he's being managed as well, he's already nailed on to be another that 'got away'. Great.

He certainly didn't show he had yesterday!

You could well be right but he didn't help his cause with the childish stamping and almost tantrum like displays after he made a **** up. As for not being given the chances you could say the same of the young lad Crawford but he came on and played his heart out.

Back