• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On a typical match day.

DTS

The Business
Assuming say a gate of 7000 which must be about average this season how much money from ALL revenue sources do you reckon the club makes.

I reckon close on £120,000 per game....

Assuming 7000 x £12 per head = £84,000
Rest to come from shop,tea bar, programmes exec boxes etc etc.

Dts

wow.gif

I reckon that looks about right Dave my son, but this is one thing we will never ever know!!..

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Mar. 22 2006,09:50)]Assuming say a gate of 7000 which must be about average this season how much money from ALL revenue sources do you reckon the club makes.

I reckon close on £120,000 per game....

Assuming 7000 x £12 per head = £84,000
Rest to come from shop,tea bar, programmes exec boxes etc etc.

Dts

wow.gif
yer I reckon around that mark

Two years ago around a 5,500 crowd was mooted as a break even figure. As we're now averaging 7,500 with a small squad my guess is that we're more than comfortable at the moment.

Did we make an operating profit last season ?

Might seem alot but the club has to stretch this cash flow over 52 weeks. Plus we will only be playing 23 games a year (I think our average attendance is pushing near 7500)....

This is why we need a new ground with facilities that can generate a regular cash flow for the club.

So basically our weekly income (excluding sponsership and tv money) will be between 40 and 50k approx.......doesn't really allow much of a wage budget does it!?

Do we have any other sources of income?

Matchday sponsorship, programme sponsorship, matchball sponsorship etc etc...

Yep, the club shop. Tons of shirts sold per season.
Player Sponsorship
Club Sposorship
Match Sponsorship
TV money
50/50 Draw Money
Car Park

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Mar. 22 2006,10:30)]I have heard Frankie Banks also turns tricks to help raise extra funds on a match day.  
ghostface.gif
I thought Frankie left the club recently?

Or am I making it up?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 22 2006,10:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Mar. 22 2006,10:30)]I have heard Frankie Banks also turns tricks to help raise extra funds on a match day.  
ghostface.gif
I thought Frankie left the club recently?

Or am I making it up?

rock.gif
I heard that he had been rounded up by London Zoo and returned back to his colony of gibbons.  
suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Mar. 22 2006,10:18)]Remember that the season ticket money has been recieved up front, so they will not make any gate money on the 2000 + seaso's on the day
good point

[b said:
ghostface.gif
I know you can Hire Frankie Banks as a 'Fred West O Gram'

for £30 an apperance or £45 if he includes a spade

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave cusaks nose @ Mar. 22 2006,11:04)]
[b said:
ghostface.gif
I know you can Hire Frankie Banks as a 'Fred West O Gram'

for £30 an apperance or £45 if he includes a spade

I hear that you can also hire a bird from the West Stand tea bar to play Rose for another £10.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 22 2006,10:19)]Two years ago around a 5,500 crowd was mooted as a break even figure. As we're now averaging 7,500 with a small squad my guess is that we're more than comfortable at the moment.

Did we make an operating profit last season ?
we will not know that until the accounts come out, Should be around end of May (the year to 31/7/04 was signed off by GK on 26/5/05)

It also depends on what you mean by the word "make". If you're talking turnover then it's probably reasonably close. But if you mean profit you have to take in to account:-

Police
Stewards
Security
Shop Costs
Ticket Office costs
Car Park staff
Turnstile operators
Programme sellers
Electricity

and whatever else.

From the 2003-2004 Accounts

Gate Receipts 1,131,794
sason tickets 222,216
TV fees leass contributions 457,011
centre of Excellence 138,000

Sports and Promotions 624,360
Souvenir shop (their words not mine) 226,448
rooms 138,956
Catering 193,448
Others 49,763

Total Turn over 3,181,996

On which we made a profit of 83,939

Remember that this is for the season Before last When the average gate was well below this season and we averaged 46 (!!) playing training and coaching staff. The past two seasons gates have gone up, playing staff numbers I reckon have gone down a bit but I feel the wages may have risen slightly.

No it doesnt, thats why Uncle Ron has worked wonders to turn this club around financially...

When the latest accounts come out I bet it will look a hell of a lot more pleasing on the eye.

wink.gif
smile.gif

Back