• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
Seeing as we have by my reckoning three of them (Sawyer, Christophe, Federici, possibly HRK) whatever happens next with these guys is going to be important in our season. Obviously we're keen to get high quality players in for as long as possible where normally we might not be able to prise them away. I'm trying to think what must be the point of the loans from the loaning teams though.

I guess a typical one month loan was initially used to cover a certain position at the loaning club for a player not getting a game at his parent club. One player injured, one comes in for a month and then leaves when numbers are restored.

I would then guess the next use of this sort of loan was to get a player having a bit of a run of games when coming back from injury. If the team cna't afford to have a 90% fit player in for an important match then they can get fitness at an affiliated club.

The thing is, none of the players we have on loan (as far as I know) are coming back from long term injuries and I don't really think we've got them in simply to cover for injuries. Perhaps with McCormack, that was the whole reason for Christophe but you can't have no 'keeper on the bench then claim you need to cover for a 'keeping injury suggesting Federici is here because he is a better 'keeper than what we currently have. Hard to see what exactly HRK and Sawyer would be covering, too.

It seems to me that the clubs want them to get games but one month doesn't really suit this. If you want Federici to go out and get some experience in professional football, you don't send him out for 4 games. The same goes for Sawyer and the same again for Robson-Kanu.

I can only assume that the clubs, slightly worried by accusations of pay per play basis loans, have sent them out for a one month loan to see how many games they get and then decide whether they want to leave them out for the whole season. Am I way off the mark?

I would say you're probably right. I know that HRK has got a 24 hr recall clause in his loan which i imagine was put in incase we kept him on the bench.

Sawyer is not on a one month loan, i think its a 3 month loan up until Christmas

I dont agreewith the loan system as it currently stands.. But its the system we have and I am glad Tilson is using it, using it well and hopefully getting a reputation at the top London clubs for bringing on their promising younger players..

I dont agreewith the loan system as it currently stands.. But its the system we have and I am glad Tilson is using it, using it well and hopefully getting a reputation at the top London clubs for bringing on their promising younger players..

And hopefully bringing on Southend United at the same time!

I don't either but it's there and full marks to T&B for using it to our advantage. Some loans turn into good buys (eg Freddy & Macca) and, besides, it's surely a good thing to try before you buy.

Ok, but I suppose three months loans have a similar discussion point. Chelsea, Reading and Portsmouth realistically aren't going to recall any of the four players (with the exception of an injury to Hahnemann) and walk them straight in to the first team.

I suppose what I'm getting at it, if they are down here in a winning team and playing regularly, surely we stand a very good chance of keeping them for the season as opposed to, say, Leon Clarke who was always here with a view to a move.

I've mentioned it numerous times that Sawyer is on loan until December.

I think we may have a chance in signing some of the loan players like Harding, Sawyer, HRK.

Harding is well out of favour at Ipswich for one reason or another and he has improved massively during his time hear. I'd like to think his loan was with a view to a transfer in Jan.

Sawyer - The guy is quality and will play Premiership football in my eyes, but his still young and learning his trade at the moment and he has certain bits of his game to work on. His not going to get a look in at Chelsea with Deco, Lampard, Ballack, Mikel, Essien and the other Brazilian fella they signed.

HRK - Apparently highly regarded at Reading, and the fact they have a 24 hour recall clause would suggest if they pick up an injury to someone like Stephen Hunt he will be back there BUT at the start of the season HRK wasn't even making the subs bench so maybe his a little way down the pecking order. Don't quiet think his good enough for Championship promotion battles.

Whereas with the other two guys, Fed and Christophe, I don't think we have a chance of signing. Fed will take over from MH when he retires, and Christophe a lot of money was spent on him.

Its simple, clubs send players out on a months loan because they can have more stipulations about how quick they are allowed to recall players. HRK for example has the 24 hour recall on his. Also you will see alot of players, that will spend a month here then a month there, to get them used to different styles of play, and management and surroundings. This is why it is young players that tend to go out on loan for a month. Obviously if a player is enjoying it they will stay with that club.

I'm guessing the thing with federici is that they want to keep him sharp, and im also guessing he has the same stipulation as HRK, and the best way to stay sharp is to play games.

I know that for season long loans, the loaning team can not call back the player, only the team who have loaned the player in can cancel the loan agreement.

I do think short term loans are a good thing for cover, but in our case, where 3 out of 4 of our midfield are on short term loans, then i think it is a bad thing, because if you lose all 3 of them within a short space of time then you are pretty screwed. Still ets hope we can get, sawyer, christophe and HRK till the end of the season, and sign harding permanently in january, of which i think all depends on where we are in the league, top 10 and i think he will sign, any lower and i dont think he will.

We got Federici because he IS better than what we have. HRK is a quality player and we will be playing him most of the time (I hope). Sawyer is another quality signing and was brought in to cover for Macca with only Grant and Moussa available. Christophe was brought in because Moussa got suspended and Macca was still injured.

Back