• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One to start the weekend (week 17)

1992 or 2003

• Total voters

Davros

The Whippet
ah, this is a goodun this week, i promise you, infact, also a bit of a pole.

This weeks 12stw takes us back to 1992, and to that great era.

With its classic feel, combined with unusual lyrics, this track set the chart on fire, and is one of those songs that defines the era.

Of course, like a lot of tunes it has subsequently been re-released, this one in 2003, reaching no18. Sometimes re-releases can be dull, or un-original, but the CJ stone remix was used as the lead edit on the re-releases, and bought a whole new life to the song.

Anyway, i prefere the original, but the CJ stone remix is ace (hence the poll).

Without further ado...

Im serious as cancer, when i say this weeks one to start the weekend, is Rhythm is a Dancer!:D

1992 ---- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9c5otT-RUA

2003 ---- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtGTWub9enM&mode=related&search=

So yes, have a vote, do you prefere 1992 or 2003 style...

Has to be the original. I seriously hate covered songs.

blah, some songs wouldnt have seen the light of day had it not been for a good remix... 'Brimful of Asher' for one!

<Music snob alert> > SORRY <<

This track was a bit of a joke at the time so I can't believe the remix could be anything else. Am I alone in thinking this is just cheesy, Europop, embarrassing meat-market background music?

Next week: which is better - "Barbie Girl" (original) or the "Atomic Hard Trance Euromaster remix (2001)??

:confused:

<Music snob alert> > SORRY <<

This track was a bit of a joke at the time so I can't believe the remix could be anything else. Am I alone in thinking this is just cheesy, Europop, embarrassing meat-market background music?

Next week: which is better - "Barbie Girl" (original) or the "Atomic Hard Trance Euromaster remix (2001)??

:confused:

hmm, the remix does NOT have the random rapping and lyrics, so if anything is less of a joke...

saying that im sticking with the original

Back