• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Onlilne petion for Remeberance Monday

I will sign, but have any of these No10 petitions actually ever forced the hand of the PM/government?

You usually just get a snivelling email response as to the reasons why whatever the issue at hand cannot be adopted!

I will sign, but have any of these No10 petitions actually ever forced the hand of the PM/government?

You usually just get a snivelling email response as to the reasons why whatever the issue at hand cannot be adopted!

Was wondering the same thing. I signed it this morning as someone sent it on email. Thing is, Im sure Ive seen a similar one go round numerous times for St Georges day to be made into a bank holiday? Yet nothing has even happened.

Think its only fair that we should get some more bank holidays! Im feeling very hard done by lately due to massive rail fares, coupled with constant train delays, I feel overworked and underpaid and feel like all I ever read about in the papers is constant food, petrol and tax rises!!!! So I think another bank holiday is the least the government can pull out for us!

If we have another Bank Holiday surely we would want it in the summer, say in the middle of July) rather than on a wet, bleak, blowy November Monday?

Id prefer winter ones as it breaks up the boredom of winter we need one in Jan as well (well one more). If enough people sign then yes something would be done

I'm all for another Bank Holiday and November is very good time to have it since (at the moment) we have to go from the August Bank Holiday all the way through to xmas without one, some 4 months.

As for having one in Summer, it's pointless because most people take their annual holdiay then anyway.

This is a good idea, in fact in Belgium they have Armistice Day as a holiday.

I'm all for more Bank Holidays and would back a campaign for Waterloo & Trafalgar Days, anything that might affront the French & Spanish is fine by me.

If we have another Bank Holiday surely we would want it in the summer, say in the middle of July) rather than on a wet, bleak, blowy November Monday?

Not really what it's about though is it?

Wasn't Trafalgar Day going to be last Monday in November anyway when they first hinted we might get another BH?

Yeah, just like Easter. When is it this year, March, April or July?

Valid point Grouty ... supposedly they strung some bloke up on a friday about 1975 years ago, but if such a monumental event really took place surely they'd know which bloomin' month it happened*!!!

* with mild apologies to any cross huggers out there who i just offended :angel:

Back