• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
Tannoy was totally inaudible in the South Upper so didnt hear any of the team line ups.

We all kept calling our Number 11 Cole (Norwich being the 1st game any of us have seen pre-season) only now to find out it was Lawson. Whoever it was looked really promising on the ball and also good composure to slot Bentley in for the 2nd.

Ho-hum, embarrassing!!

Thanks to Kenny for keeping me informed of the subs though.

Great performance today overall and very promising. Worst thing is seeing Gray and Eastwood run themselves into the ground cos we have nobody else. I was crapping myself everytime a tackle went in near them!

Norwich were pretty shocking though for such a good side that played and how about our 2 goals past an England goalkeeper eh?!
biggrin.gif

Couldn't hear sod all in the west either - especially not the rules of the new half-time challenge - I thought it was just me going deaf in my old age....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ July 23 2005,18:55)]Tannoy was totally inaudible in the South Upper so didnt hear any of the team line ups.

We all kept calling our Number 11 Cole (Norwich being the 1st game any of us have seen pre-season) only now to find out it was Lawson. Whoever it was looked really promising on the ball and also good composure to slot Bentley in for the 2nd.

Ho-hum, embarrassing!!

Great performance today overall and very promising. Worst thing is seeing Gray and Eastwood run themselves into the ground cos we have nobody else. I was crapping myself everytime a tackle went in near them!

Norwich were pretty shocking though for such a good side that played and how about our 2 goals past an England goalkeeper eh?!  
biggrin.gif
But you would have seen Lawson last season surely, and so knew it was not Mitchell
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 23 2005,19:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ July 23 2005,18:55)]Tannoy was totally inaudible in the South Upper so didnt hear any of the team line ups.

Ho-hum, embarrassing!!

biggrin.gif
But you would have seen Lawson last season surely, and so knew it was not Mitchell  
tounge.gif
Pboreham in 'not really a Southend fan' shocker?

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ July 23 2005,19:27)]
[b said:
[b said:

Ho-hum, embarrassing!!

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
I will knock them up, and you just hit 'em out of the groud Leeboy
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ July 23 2005,19:27)]
[b said:
[b said:

Ho-hum, embarrassing!!

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
I am! I am!! I was at Cardiff for the DVLA Trophy Cup against Swansea
tounge.gif
(Low blow Leeboy!!)

Nah, never seen Lawson before - did he play any 1st team games last season? Looked pretty good on the ball, good skills, but lightweight. Cannot see him making it in League 1 to be honest - anyone else?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ July 23 2005,19:45)]Who was the number 14 that came on the right wing?
A trialist, and due to his performance, and being subbed, i dont think its a name we need to learn
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 23 2005,19:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ July 23 2005,19:45)]Who was the number 14 that came on the right wing?
A trialist, and due to his performance, and being subbed, i dont think its a name we need to learn  
wink.gif
Kevin Gray
biggrin.gif

Danny Woodards from Chelsea. He should be involved against Maldon and Grays, but was subbed after 30 minutes today due to a lack of match fitness.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 23 2005,19:48)]
[b said:
wink.gif
Fariy muff, in the west he was given the nickname 'Mark', as he looked (and played exactly) like The Usual Suspect.

To be fair, he did do one good thing. He won the ball in the middle of the park with a sliding challenge and laid the ball to his right for Wayne Gray, who left it for the advancing Duncan Jupp who was further forward than Gray. Very comical. Its nice to see that despite this being the best Southend United squad for years, we can still mess up the simplist thing.

He also played a nice one two with Jupp infront of the West Stand, which resulted in Woodard slipping as he played his cross into the South Stand.

After a bit of searching, which is how I found out his name is Danny Woodards and not Daniel Woodhard, he was pretty much a regular with Chelsea's reserve side last season and can also play up front.

In his post match interview Tilly said techinically he's a good player. It'll be interesting to see how he does next week with a bit of fitness.

I thought he was a taller Pettefer wannabe, hardly ever went forwards with the ball, only tried once or twice to beat his man, and the one time he did he ended up in the stand.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ July 23 2005,18:58)]Couldn't hear sod all in the west either - especially not the rules of the new half-time challenge - I thought it was just me going deaf in my old age....
Nah, I couldn't hear a thing in the West either. Why have they taken the speakers away from the pitch edge? In all the years I have been sitting in the West stand the only time I have been able to hear anything was when the speakers were round the edge of the pitch.

I thought the trialist was pretty poor, very slow and a very poor touch. He must be alright if he plays at Chelsea though.

As for the microphone, well it was awful as usual
laugh.gif
Typical, it only started going wrong just before kick off. Then at half time we couldn't hear it at all. Was it just the South Upper or other stands as well?

Back