• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

orange socks

We didnt take a change of socks that wouldnt clashn with there socks,eh

That's stupid.

As if having the same coloured socks has an effect on the game.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper4life @ Nov. 05 2005,23:57)]surely barnet could have worn them instead of us
Surely we could have done our homework and brought with us socks that didn't clash?

Maybe we forgot to take socks all together and had to borrow some.

i dont see why barnet couldnt of worn the orange and we wore our normal white

but as said on a previous post why dont we take two sets of different coloured socks anyway??

but were they lucky orange socks??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Nov. 06 2005,06:03)]That's stupid.

As if having the same coloured socks has an effect on the game.
rock.gif
It's not a stupid rule... it helps the refs decide when there is a tangle of legs.

But i don't see why Barnet couldn't have switched.

If a club had come to roots hall with the wrong socks would we have switched or said tough wear the socks that make you look silly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Nov. 06 2005,08:18)]i dont see why barnet couldnt of worn the orange and we wore our normal white
That's what I was thinking, their home socks are orange so they could have worn our ones and we could've worn their white ones. Ah well only socks.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Nov. 06 2005,10:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Nov. 06 2005,08:18)]i dont see why barnet couldnt of worn the orange and we wore our normal white
That's what I was thinking, their home socks are orange so they could have worn our ones and we could've worn their white ones. Ah well only socks.
laugh.gif
Eh?
Barnet's home socks this year are white, hence why we had to wear their AWAY orange ones!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Nov. 06 2005,12:07)]Why couldn't we have worn our home kit? I can't believe the blue and black would have clashed that much.
At a quick glance they might look similar as we play in navy blue, hence the change.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Nov. 06 2005,12:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Nov. 06 2005,12:07)]Why couldn't we have worn our home kit? I can't believe the blue and black would have clashed that much.
At a quick glance they might look similar as we play in navy blue, hence the change.
Can you tell me why we played in red at Gillingham? Surely white and blue don't clash do they?

Gillingham play in blue and white stripes, so the blue in the kit clashes as does the white away kit. Therefore we played in red.

Blue and black would definatly have clashed. The black and white kit was the one needed!

We're not the first side to get caught out by this. Barnet used to be gold/black/black, so sides have come to Underhill expecting the home team to wear those colours.

A couple of weeks ago, one League Two side had to wear the entire Barnet away kit as the one they brought along clashed completely.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 07 2005,09:39)]We're not the first side to get caught out by this. Barnet used to be gold/black/black, so sides have come to Underhill expecting the home team to wear those colours.

A couple of weeks ago, one League Two side had to wear the entire Barnet away kit as the one they brought along clashed completely.
There was a game at Roots Hall not that long ago where we had to play in a changed kit - was it our light blue away kit? - because the opposition's kit clashed and they had no alternative kit.

Anyone remember who or when?

rock.gif

Back