• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

orange socks

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,08:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 07 2005,09:39)]We're not the first side to get caught out by this. Barnet used to be gold/black/black, so sides have come to Underhill expecting the home team to wear those colours.

A couple of weeks ago, one League Two side had to wear the entire Barnet away kit as the one they brought along clashed completely.
There was a game at Roots Hall not that long ago where we had to play in a changed kit - was it our light blue away kit? - because the opposition's kit clashed and they had no alternative kit.

Anyone remember who or when?

rock.gif
burnley ?

going back to the barnet game, everyones failed to mention the red kit which would have been more ideal. although we wear this with white socks we couldve worn the blue socks

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Nov. 08 2005,09:10)]going back to the barnet game, everyones failed to mention the red kit which would have been more ideal. although we wear this with white socks we couldve worn the blue socks
Or all red like at Gillingham!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Nov. 08 2005,09:04)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 07 2005,09:39)]We're not the first side to get caught out by this. Barnet used to be gold/black/black, so sides have come to Underhill expecting the home team to wear those colours.

A couple of weeks ago, one League Two side had to wear the entire Barnet away kit as the one they brought along clashed completely.
There was a game at Roots Hall not that long ago where we had to play in a changed kit - was it our light blue away kit? - because the opposition's kit clashed and they had no alternative kit.

rock.gif
burnley ?
This kind of thing has happened a few times to us.

Last season we had to wear Cochester's shorts in the LDV game at Layer Road.

We did once have to wear Burney's away kit at their place, the season when our royal nlue home strip and our red away strip both 'clashed' with the claret and light blue of Burnley.

The same season (I think) we had to wear our red away strip for a home match with norwich because their green and yellow home kit, and blue away kit, both clashed with the custard splat disaster that we so excelled in.

I think we had to do the same for West Brom once as well, when their blue/white stripes and yellow away strip clashed with our blue and yellow crap.

Personally I think it's all a load of crap, and clubs can pretty much guarantte 'needing' three strips per season. Just more money grabbing.

I was speaking to steve in the club shop.

The reason why we wore Orange Socks is because Barnet decided to wear white. Their registered Kit is All Black when playing at home, Southend are registered as a all white with black sleeves kit.

We turned up with the kit we were supposed to, but they decided to wear their white socks, which meant we had to wear their orange. Simple as that really.

[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif
we had to wear the red kit 2 seasons ago at home to Bristol Rovers as they turned up in a dark blue/black kit and it had white and lightblue strips going diagonal across it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,15:01)]I was speaking to steve in the club shop.

The reason why we wore Orange Socks is because Barnet decided to wear white. Their registered Kit is All Black when playing at home, Southend are registered as a all white with black sleeves kit.

We turned up with the kit we were supposed to, but they decided to wear their white socks, which meant we had to wear their orange. Simple as that really.
I think not!

Barnet Clubshop

They have worn white socks all season on FLR whenever they have worn their black kit. Sloppy work by the kitman I reckon!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Nov. 08 2005,15:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maisie Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,15:01)]I was speaking to steve in the club shop.

I think not!

Barnet Clubshop

They have worn white socks all season on FLR whenever they have worn their black kit.  Sloppy work by the kitman I reckon!
Whilst were on the Barnet site I noticed that you can buy retro Barnet shirts. Why doesn't our shop sell retro shirts? I reckon they'd go down a treat, especially if they're anything like the ones TOFFS do.

People are trying to get toffs to make a different one. Watch this space for updates!

a couple of seasons ago we had to wear our white kit at home against Argyle - we lost 1-0 and it was Steven Clarke's debut I think!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (there's_2_daisy's @ Nov. 09 2005,13:27)]a couple of seasons ago we had to wear our white kit at home against Argyle - we lost 1-0 and it was Steven Clarke's debut I think!
Later on that season, we played at Argyle in our dark blue kit, with them wearing dark green. It was a very sunny day and I had real trouble telling which team was which at times....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 09 2005,15:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (there's_2_daisy's @ Nov. 09 2005,13:27)]a couple of seasons ago we had to wear our white kit at home against Argyle - we lost 1-0 and it was Steven Clarke's debut I think!
Later on that season, we played at Argyle in our dark blue kit, with them wearing dark green. It was a very sunny day and I had real trouble telling which team was which at times....
Was that where we had Adrian Clarke up front and Steven Broad brought down their striker in the box, and the ref awarded a pen, only for him to go change his mind.

I swear I saw Scott Forbes in the home end to our right.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Nov. 09 2005,15:07)]
[b said:
[b said:
Was that where we had Adrian Clarke up front and Steven Broad brought down their striker in the box, and the ref awarded a pen, only for him to go change his mind.

Wasn't it Anthony Clark? There was certainly a penalty which was only overturned at the very last minute though....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 09 2005,16:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Nov. 09 2005,15:07)]
[b said:
[b said:

Wasn't it Anthony Clark? There was certainly a penalty which was only overturned at the very last minute though....
That was it, Anthony Clark,

Wonder where he is now?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ Nov. 09 2005,16:46)]I say keep the orange socks with the white away kit, it's certainly an original look!!
I thought I was the only one that thought it looked good too!

Back