• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Orient and Yeovil games

Upminster Blue

Manager
Looks as though we will comfortably be able to fill the North West corner with home fans for these two games.  

I hope the club are not intending to give the North West corner to Orient and Yeovil, even if they can fill the North West as well as the North Bank.  Would be bad enough turning away home fans, but to also let in 3,000 odd away fans would give Orient and Yeovil a big boost.

Keep the away allocation down to the minimum possible (which I think is about 1,750, 15% of capacity) so that we can make the atmosphere as intimidating as possible in what will be key games.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC4EVER @ April 02 2005,21:50)]I doubt orient would bring that many  ?
Agreed, but it wouldn't surprise me if the club allocate the North West to Orient on the basis they'll bring their usual 2,000, turn away home fans and then we find that, as likely, only 1,000 Orient fans turn up with 2,000 empty seats as a result.

Do we have to go give those teams 2000 tickets? Why do we have to turn home fans away to accomodate away fans. Especially Orient after the fiasco at their place.

We would be in our rights to make the game for home fans only. I know this won't happen and we should allow Orient to have 500 fans so we can abuse them but the club should look at restricting away fans so that they can get more home fans in

Good idea. The North Bank is a big enough area of the ground for Yeovil & Orient. I'm sure both of them will bring a lot of fans, but chances are we are going to sell out the home ends so the club should definately be thinking about putting home fans in the North West if this is at all possible.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Csboy @ April 03 2005,00:48)]Do we have to go give those teams 2000 tickets? Why do we have to turn home fans away to accomodate away fans. Especially Orient after the fiasco at their place.
No arguments with giving Yeovil full allocation. Fantastic support for donkeys years - not just glory hunters.

Leyton Orient won't need all of the North Bank anyway, here are there travelling figures to the hall in recent years...

2001/02- 1,558
2002/03- 1,454
2003/04- 1,403

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Shrimper @ April 03 2005,09:00)]Leyton Orient won't need all of the North Bank anyway, here are there travelling figures to the hall in recent years...

2001/02- 1,558
2002/03- 1,454
2003/04- 1,403
Exactly..

Plus, those games have all been on a Saturday!!.

As this one is on a Friday even less than that will turn up, so I think they will bring 1000 tops.

The club should stick with the 1000 tickets thats been given to Orient and make it all-ticket for them. No pay on the gate option.

We should certainly be given the NW corner at least...I see preparations have already been made with the meshing being put in place, so obvioulsy they will not be getting the whole North end which makes sense.

So in total there should be around 9000 tickets available to home supporters, which should be snapped up no problem.

Maybe we can break the 10,000 barrier for this one...

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ April 03 2005,09:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Shrimper @ April 03 2005,09:00)]Leyton Orient won't need all of the North Bank anyway, here are there travelling figures to the hall in recent years...

2001/02- 1,558
2002/03- 1,454
2003/04- 1,403
Exactly..

Plus, those games have all been on a Saturday!!.

As this one is on a Friday even less than that will turn up, so I think they will bring 1000 tops.

The club should stick with the 1000 tickets thats been given to Orient and make it all-ticket for them. No pay on the gate option.

We should certainly be given the NW corner at least...I see preparations have already been made with the meshing being put in place, so obvioulsy they will not be getting the whole North end which makes sense.

So in total there should be around 9000 tickets available to home supporters, which should be snapped up no problem.

Maybe we can break the 10,000 barrier for this one...

biggrin.gif
yes maybe! I sit in the west and when i looked at the east and south for the last few games i would say there probably would have been about 200-300 spare seats. i obviously don't know how many in the west. lets say 700 even though i would doubt this as people were rammed right up to the back. so thats a 1,000.

that would suggest there are about 3,500 - 4,000 spare seats in the ground?

how many does the away end hold?

i would love to think we would break the 10,000 mark but can't see the figures suggesting that will happen.

I have the dis-pleasure of having to travel through Leyton on the Silverlink train to work every day. I overheard an Oooze fan in the week telling his mate about his trip to Southend and how they would be taking a thousand fans (woo-hoo!). So even their own supporters aren't talking up the numbers, which all supporters (ourselves included tend to do).

This sad to**er was even saying that he'd booked a B&B for the night, now I understand wanting to get away from the East End for a night but that's a bit sad for such a short trip!

I think the real problem regarding the North West stand lies with the police. They discourage the club from opening any stands remotely near to the away fans.

Blimey.........If they can put away fans next to Swansea supporters at the vetch, with only a fence seperating the travelling fans from them animals then why cant any other club?!!!!!!!!

rock.gif

Since when do you guys ever fill your stadium! were be coming to Southend tickets or not!

Make sure you make it as hostile as you can for those Orient $%&*# after them taking liberties with two Southend fans in their end.

I dispise those w***ers now and i would liked to have seen any of those clowns try it on with myslef and Cockles when we was in their part, they would have dropped like flys.

Lets hope the boys give them a good stuffing on the pitch as well folks.

Oooo your such a yobbo
Your place is about as hostile as sainsburys on a saturday afternoon.
We are all so scared lets rip up our tickets now!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 03 2005,19:04)]Since when do you guys ever fill your stadium! were be coming to Southend tickets or not!
Great - the fields around town need tending and there's cattle to feed - just arent enough yokels our way maybe you could *shock* get a JOB!
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 03 2005,19:29)]Oooo your such a yobbo
Your place is about as hostile as sainsburys on a saturday afternoon.
We are all so scared lets rip up our tickets now!
Whereas Birdbrain Road is as heavily populated as northern siberia on matchdays...

Orient girls enjoy your night in southend its the last time your be invited xx

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 03 2005,08:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Csboy @ April 03 2005,00:48)]Do we have to go give those teams 2000 tickets? Why do we have to turn home fans away to accomodate away fans. Especially Orient after the fiasco at their place.
No arguments with giving Yeovil full allocation. Fantastic support for donkeys years - not just glory hunters.
After the performances from yeovi in the last 5 games i dont know if they will bring as many had they still been on their 'great' run. Their fans have already conceded the title too us and i have had great pleasure in returning the abuse i have received from them in the last 18months and now they are worried about making the playoffs on their current form.

Back