• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was always under the impresion that as long as your contract was cancelled before the window shuts then you can sign for another club outside the window. I believe that is correct. It doesn't sound like Cox's contract at Orient was cancelled until today so that would prevent him from signing for anyone until January.
What a stupid rule by the FA, so basically he cannot ply his trade for 4 months plus...

Becchetti is a lunatic, but I don't think Cox was entirely blameless - I believe we accepted an offer from Northampton, but Deano wanted us to pay a fee as well to settle his existing, lucrative contract and the madman refused. That is my take on the fiasco.
Regardless, the clubs two line statement on the website was nothing short of scandalous and the powers that be should hang their heads in shame.
Presuming he puts his head down over the next few months, gets fully match fit I would expect numerous L1 clubs to be sniffing around him - my money is that he will end up at Charlton, assuming Russell Slade is still manager in January.
I have lived in and around Southend for most of my life and suffered many a bit of abuse from Southend fans - believe me when I say, this is as bad as I have ever known supporting Orient (35 years). The club is totally toxic, the only decent bit of a matchday is the supporters club before the game.
When Becchetti took over, part of me was excited but part of me remained very dubious - why would anyone want to buy a club with no assets? What are their motives and reasons?
Despite what Southend fans think of Orient, we have gone from being a stable League 1 side (almost hit the Championship but probably overachieved that season) with a decent chairman and being well respected by most football clubs and fans.
Now look at us - I see literally no way out and can envisage Becchetti walking away and leaving us to face oblivion. Either that, or a phoenix AFC Orient if he doesn't walk away. Both prospects are terrifying.
I wouldn't mind if we had a few seasons in the sun, at least I could have seen us lift a trophy, which I still haven't in my lifetime! Nah, all Becchett has done is spend a fortune and get us relegated!!!
You literally couldn't make it up.....as someone as has already said, the grass isn't always greener......beware of what you wish for!!!

Leyton Orient has always been a superb, friendly, family club.

It is heartbreaking to see clubs bought by these overseas lunatics.

You could also almost feel sorry for Leeds fans.

Let's hope that it all ends well for the Os..................and that Deano signs for the Super Blues together with his mate Simpson.

What Becchetti could have done, is to let Simpson go for a free and Ron Martin would taken on his contract the same as he was on at Orient without having to pay the fee and the wages at the same time. Some of the fans mouthing off that they wanted RM out, but he seems to look good compared to Becchetti!

Back