• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Nice to see we have broken the 5000 barrier for average attendances this season, 5143 it stands at at the moment to be precise.

When was the last time that happend?, must have to go back quite a way to find that?.

With plenty of home games to come against the top seven that can only increase, if we continue to be there or there abouts this season (please god) there is no reason we cant hit the magic target of a 6000 average that uncle Ron said would make us into a profit making club.

Keep it up people the boys need as much support as possible, try and bring a mate with you if you can, even if only 500 of us brought a friend along that doesnt normally attend, it would improve our position dramatically.

Lets get as many into the theatre of dreams as possible to cheer our boys on to a long overdue promotion!!.

Come on you blue boys. This is our year!.

smile.gif

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Lets get as many into the theatre of dreams as possible to cheer our boys on to a long overdue promotion!!.

I don't think they'd appreciate us cheering on our boys at the Theatre of Dreams. They probably haven't even heard of us.

Roots Hall is my theatre of dreams Boywonder, sorry if it isnt yours!!....

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Jan. 09 2005,17:57)]Keep it up people the boys need as much support as possible, try and bring a mate with you if you can, even if only 500 of us brought a friend along that doesnt normally attend, it would improve our position dramatically.
b******s to that, every time I bring someone else along we play crap and lose (like against Mansfield over Christmas). So it will have to be down to others to bring non-Shrimpers into the fold - I'll just jinx it all if I do it again!

tounge.gif

On the subject of "when was the last time"s, when was the last time we won three successive away matches like we have at the moment? And, dare I ask, when was the last time we managed four?

Any statto's out there care to answer these few questions that have been put forward?...

rock.gif

well smiffy, i dont wear pajamas 24/7 and 3 inch think glasses, but i have an interesting stat, our average attendance is now higher than it was in the relegation season from division 1, so i can say we are now more successful than we were in division 1 playing teams such as wolves, qpr, man city etc
r+r

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Jan. 09 2005,17:57)]Nice to see we have broken the 5000 barrier for average attendances this season, 5143 it stands at at the moment to be precise.

When was the last time that happend?, must have to go back quite a way to find that?.
Average attendances broke the 5,000 mark during the 1990/91 season for the first time since the 1981/82 season and remained above that benchmark for seven seasons until 1997/98 season when it dropped to 4,148. So the last time was 1996/97 ... seven seasons ago ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 09 2005,18:35)]On the subject of "when was the last time"s, when was the last time we won three successive away matches like we have at the moment? And, dare I ask, when was the last time we managed four?
We won FOUR successive away games at the beginning of the 1977/78 promotion season; Reading 1-0, AFC Bournemouth 3-0, Sc**thorpe United 2-1, Halifax Town 1-0.

WS

hmmm...i got my years wrong, was the div 2 season...apologies

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Jan. 09 2005,18:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Lets get as many into the theatre of dreams as possible to cheer our boys on to a long overdue promotion!!.

I don't think they'd appreciate us cheering on our boys at the Theatre of Dreams. They probably haven't even heard of us.
Or as against Mansfield and Luton 'The Theatre of horrors' !

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 09 2005,19:33)]Nope. First Division.

WS
well then i stand by my original commetn,
biggrin.gif

Currently 6th in the League 2 Average Attendance League.

Notts County are 5th with 5195 (53 fans on average higher than us) until Saturday!
blues.gif

Apparently we won't ever get a attendance above 6000 whilst in the football league, this is based upon stats 10 years ago.

rock.gif

If we provide entertainment and results, people will turn up. Id liken us to Reading who like us are near to London and have felt the benefit of a new stadium, If FF goes ahead, no reason why we can't look at getting 8,000-12,000 on a regular basis.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Jan. 09 2005,22:23)]Apparently we won't ever get a attendance above 6000 whilst in the football league, this is based upon stats 10 years ago.
I don't understand what you're getting at, FM.

This season we've had two attendances over 6,000 - Mansfield Town (7,082) and Luton Town (6,683) - and one or two more that have been close to it ...

WS

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud Shrimper @ Jan. 09 2005,22:05)]96/97 was our Div 1 relegation season wasn't it?
Indeed it was.

Do you still have nightmares?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 09 2005,21:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Jan. 09 2005,22:23)]Apparently we won't ever get a attendance above 6000 whilst in the football league, this is based upon stats 10 years ago.
I don't understand what you're getting at, FM.

This season we've had two attendances over 6,000 - Mansfield Town (7,082) and Luton Town (6,683) - and one or two more that have been close to it ...

WS

rock.gif
Alot of people have said they do not believe the club can achieve decent attendances seing as when we were winning in the first division, only 5-6 thousand turned up.

I see what people are getting that, but lets face it times change and football is much much more commercial.

If the club performs, people will come along, esp if this is in a new stadium.

Back