• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our Support

A Century United

Firewalking for HD
Having just got home, I am amazed at some of the comments about our support. So I just want to say:

1. We were battered for 90 minutes

2. We were split between two tiers

3. Of course some Chelsea Mugs are going to say we were worse than Col Ewe - they know it will make some on here bite

4. Chelsea have no right to criticise ANYONE'S support - after all, Stamford Bridge is a Public Lib-ra-reee!

4. Some of those on here agreeing with them are not fans who's record of total whistle-to-whistle support is unblemished. :madman:

I thought that our fans yesterday were SUPERB, I was proud to be a SHRIMPER*, honoured to be there, and we have

NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF!!

let alone squabble on Shrimperzone about!

*NotW please note.

Having watched the extended highlights- our fans sounded fantastic!

I have just watched the highlights too, and thought exactly the same thing. Loud and proud :cool:

I was really surprised at how quiet chelsea 'fans' were.

As century united said, I too was honoured to be there and very proud to be a shrimper :support:

I was there in the upper stand and sang to the point where i cant even speak properly now.
Great day, great support. Chelsea were quiet???
Premier league fake supporters!!!

Heartbroken to say I wasn't at the game, but i did listen on the radio and all you could hear were the mighty Blues fans singing all game, barely a whisper from Chelsea fans.

Having just got home, I am amazed at some of the comments about our support. So I just want to say:

1. We were battered for 90 minutes

2. We were split between two tiers

3. Of course some Chelsea Mugs are going to say we were worse than Col Ewe - they know it will make some on here bite

4. Chelsea have no right to criticise ANYONE'S support - after all, Stamford Bridge is a Public Lib-ra-reee!

4. Some of those on here agreeing with them are not fans who's record of total whistle-to-whistle support is unblemished. :madman:

I thought that our fans yesterday were SUPERB, I was proud to be a SHRIMPER*, honoured to be there, and we have

NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF!!

let alone squabble on Shrimperzone about!

*NotW please note.

We still have **** support we can do sooo much better

Chelsea think they will show us REAL away support. Lets show them what REAL home support is and what being passionate about your team is all about! UTB!

indeed bare breasts are a must

Aahhh, once you've seen Scott's, you've seen em all!

Getting%20Rid%20of%20Man%20Boobs.jpg

didn't no there was any criticism of our support. thought we were great, chelsea must have loved sitting there for 90 mins in silence. but then again i hear from of people i know who are there fans and go on a regular basis and they says it always quiet even when winning.

i have videos on my phone of us on saturday and we sounded so loud. was great. also several shrimpers in their end at the opposite end said we were very loud.

personally thought the embarassment of when they did there first song of the game of chelsea, chelsea, CHELSEA and we responded by doing the same chant just 10 times louder. found that very funny.

hello congratulations on your draw, a lot of things have been written about the atmosphere on sat and i did expect you lot to be louder. However your chant of YEEEEELLLLOOOWWWWSS was quite impressive and the mad celebrations from you lot was sychoish. I know there must have been a lot of 'home' fans in the shed that dont know what an away day is like. Any way hope you enjoyed your day and at roots hall you will hear proper away fans.

We still have **** support we can do sooo much better

sadly i've got to agree. our home support is pure crud at times. take the game against northampton for example, dead quiet! so bad in fact at one point i could hear people, that were sitting no-where near me, whispering! TBV is the future for our home support. if our home was anywhere near as good as our away support, then roots hall would be a more intimidating place for away teams/fans. the trouble is, only a few people want to get proper involved. but what can you do?

Back