• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chadded

Not striking since 2004
There's quite a good debate going on as to who will fall off of the pace first, Us, Swans, and Huddersfield.

Linky poo

I quite liked this post from Shire counties shrimp, is that anyone from here?

Yeah, it could easily be us. Who knows? I wasn't at all impressed by Huddersfield when we played them, but we were pretty bad that day, too.

What's clear is that all those teams who aren't on 23 points are desperate to see one or all of us fail. Everyone seems to have an idea of what's the 'normal' state of affairs, and this isn't it.

As for Bristol City: my tip for promotion at the beginning of the season, but it'll be Johnson's side by the end of October i.e. no defence, so not much to worry about. We play them at home on the last day of the season, where we'll score our 150th goal, having won the league eight weeks before, and Adam Barrett will parade his European footballer of the year trophy. Oh, and Tilly and Brush will turn down OBE's, simply because they're too cool for them.

Is everyone okay with that?

Apols if this is already on here.

Love the way everyone keeps underestimating us. Virtually everyone on that board is saying it will be us that drops off the pace. Some of the reasons people give on there are stupid. "Southend's crowds are only half the size of Huddersfield's and Swansea's". So what? It doesn't matter if we only have 5 people watching and Swansea get 100,000, It's the quality of the players on the pitch that count.

Long may the players, fans and managers of this division, as well as the national press, continue to write us off as no hopers. IMO it plays into our hands.

Was quite interesting to see that Gillingham fan predicting they'd beat us 2 or 3 nil..... everyone still seems to think we're 'poor little Southend' and we're out of our depth at this level.

Thankfully, we've been busy showing them that they're wrong.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ Oct. 02 2005,18:33)]Love the way everyone keeps underestimating us. Virtually everyone on that board is saying it will be us that drops off the pace. Some of the reasons people give on there are stupid. "Southend's crowds are only half the size of Huddersfield's and Swansea's". So what? It doesn't matter if we only have 5 people watching and Swansea get 100,000, It's the quality of the players on the pitch that count.

Long may the players, fans and managers of this division, as well as the national press, continue to write us off as no hopers. IMO it plays into our hands.
The only problem with being a big club with crowds is that they can entice players for more money, and though we are playing above any one opinions, it still worries me ,that players will walk for more money if the opportunity arises.

Maher 8 is a fine example of loyalty and it seems to be paying dividends for him this season, when at times if rumours are true could have played for a bigger club and for more money ( No I don't mean Orient ),yet he is a one off for us and I expect most smaller division teams.

I allways look at Wimbledon in their glory years, allways written off and yet bounced back against all odds, until Mr Winkleman came by.

Lets not worry what other people write, and lets enjoy getting behind the lads ever game. and confound the critics time and time again

Back