• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy not fit for tonight according the to article on the official site.

My team would be

Smith
Clohessy Cresswell Phillips Straker
Hall Timlin Spicer
Harris Britt Tomlin

Belford - Barker - Prosser - Hurst - Ferdinand - Nije - Leonard

That wont be anywhere near the team that Sturrock picks though.

Freddy not fit for tonight according the to article on the official site.

My team would be

Smith
Clohessy Cresswell Phillips Straker
Hall Timlin Spicer
Harris Britt Tomlin

Belford - Barker - Prosser - Hurst - Ferdinand - Nije - Leonard

That wont be anywhere near the team that Sturrock picks though.

Harris our wide?!?!?! if swap him and britt around then fair enough lol :hilarious:

Unfortunately I can only see a negative one up top scenario. If he's hell bent on doing that then I'd like to see:

Smith

Clohessy
Cresswell
Phillips
Straker

Ferdinand
Spicer
Timlin

Hall
Harris
Assombalonga

If he thinks to himself "hmmm, I'd really like to kick start our season, get confidence flowing and give the fans something to cheer at last by taking the game to Oxford" then I'd like to see a 4-4-2:

Smith

Clohessy
Cresswell
Phillips
Straker

Hall
Spicer
Timlin
Hurst

Harris
Tomlin

Sadly I think option 1 is the most likely!

I'm hoping for a team of:

When defending:

Smith
Clohessy - Phillips - Cresswell - Straker
Hall - Spicer - Ferdinand - Timlin - Hurst
Tomlin

When attacking:

Smith
Spicer - Ferdinand - Timlin
Hall - Tomlin - Hurst

I'm hoping for a team of:

When defending:

Smith
Hall - Spicer - Ferdinand - Timlin - Hurst
Tomlin

When attacking:

Smith
Spicer - Ferdinand - Timlin
Hall - Tomlin - Hurst

I'd like

Smith
Clohessy Phillips Creswell Straker
Spicer Ferdinand Timlin
Hall Harris Tomlin

Hugely strong!

Experienced Refrigerator Size goal keeper.
Two attack minded full backs.
Two Big Strong defenders.
Three midfielders who can pass and tackle.
Three forwards who can create.

Unfortunately I can only see a negative one up top scenario. If he's hell bent on doing that then I'd like to see:

Smith

Clohessy
Cresswell
Phillips
Straker

Ferdinand
Spicer
Timlin

Hall
Harris
Assombalonga

If he thinks to himself "hmmm, I'd really like to kick start our season, get confidence flowing and give the fans something to cheer at last by taking the game to Oxford" then I'd like to see a 4-4-2:

Smith

Clohessy
Cresswell
Phillips
Straker

Hall
Spicer
Timlin
Hurst

Harris
Tomlin

Sadly I think option 1 is the most likely!

That pretty much saved me any typing !

Im hoping we stay 442 as dont think the system let us down but agree he may go with one up front (or three when attacking).

as for selections I dont think Spicer/Timlin are fit, but if they are Id go with the same selections for both systems.

Southend: Belford, Clohessy, Phillips, Cresswell, Straker, Leonard, Spicer, Timlin, Hurst, Ferdinand, Tomlin.
Subs: Hall, Smith, Barker, Assombalonga, Harris, Prosser, Benyon.

Hall on the bench? Stupid.

Hope he's not off but if he was then we'd just leave him out of the squad surely?

Belford, Sean, Phillips, cress, straker, Leonard, Timlin, Kane, spicer, hurst, Tomlin. Bench Harris, Benyon, smith, barker, prosser, asombolongo, hall.

Would have played both hall and smith ahead of Belford and Kane. Looks very defensive to me. Going for 1-1.

Probably a message to him that he needs to pull his finger put, get his head down and play football.

Back