• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As we've seen on the Mooney thread, I am sure that the current atmosphere makes it very unlikely that Ted will be picked or played ... Why subject a promising youngster to the current feelings.

If we pick him and we lose and 1 of the goals is his fault do we honestly believe that roots hall will "pick him up" or "kick him, the remaining players and Brown further into the ground". I believe the latter , which will only affect Teds all round confidence, which a goal keeper needs.

With the boo boys already targeting Oxley, how long would it be before they destroyed Ted Smith. People were happy to blame him for some goals at the end of last season. Some even posted live from the Canvey friendly when Ted made a mistake.

It's so so easy to blame Oxley but we could have Manuel Neuer in goal but with the defence and midfield we have at the moment he would be made to look **** and would face boo'ing from the east stand!

hes a decent keeper but everyone knows he's a big confidence player so the boo'ing of him is hardly going to improve the situation!

Oxley has not covered himself in glory and I do not see he is suddenly going to become a good keeper.
BUT...he could hardly have expected the weakness of our midfield when he signed, possibly hoping his own shortcomings might not be so exposed.

He is pants, the majority of shots on target go in against him. Says it all. **** signing brown.

Smith would be allowed more mistakes by the fans, just as Bentley was often immune from criticism.
oxley will get destroyed by our fans unless he continually plays blinders.

I think Oxley is doing the job we needed him to do.

He's a stop-gap for until Ted Smith is ready. What we didn't want was a keeper who wouldn't give up his spot as soon as Ted Smith is ready. He's lowering goalkeeping expectations for Ted as it's presumably a lot easier to replace Oxley than Bentley.

If he manges to get rid of Brown in the process as well we'll have really got our money's worth.

The first was eminently stoppable , well within reach and poorly struck. When the striker lined up the shot I was expecting a goal, one struck, I was relieved , for a split second...
Having seen the footage of the second, he clearly could have done a lot more

I thought he hit the first one well to be fair. I think that may have beaten most keepers.

Agree re the second.

Smith would be allowed more mistakes by the fans, just as Bentley was often immune from criticism.
oxley will get destroyed by our fans unless he continually plays blinders.

You're using the plural there and we have yet to see one.

I think that he possibly could have done better with the first goal and should certainly have saved the second goal. He does not command his 6 yard box and the only save I can remember him making Saturday he pushed straight out to an attackers feet, in fact I can only recall one other save he has made in the games so far, when he pushed one wide against Bristol Rovers.
I have looked on the Hibs forum and their fans seem to be of the same opinion, that he doesnt save a lot but has a good kick on him....... so unfortunately sounds a major step down from Bentley.

With the boo boys already targeting Oxley, how long would it be before they destroyed Ted Smith. People were happy to blame him for some goals at the end of last season. Some even posted live from the Canvey friendly when Ted made a mistake.

The boo boys are not yet targeting Oxley.

There has been debate about his failings to date that's all.

Phil thinks it's all the boo boys' fault does he?

Oxley has come off his line no less than Dan Bentley did. Seems to be the modern way. The difference is Bentley was far more likely to make a save eventually. I don't think Oxley has that match winning save in him.

Back