• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gutted! Gutted! Gutted!!!

How excited were we all when Ricketts signed, our new signature to make the division sit up and take notice?

Clearly many of us believed that if Tilly could get Ricketts back to even close to his Bolton form, then we'd be safe as you like in this League this year and his brief appearances for the Blues so far at least suggested that we had a tarnished piece of gold that just needed a bit of love and care to get it back to what it once was!

Well, b******s to all of that and thanks for nothing Mr Ricketts!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Some have argued that you don't miss what you haven't had. Well, fair enough. But Ricketts was still a great prospect for us this season and a prospect we will now not enjoy.

For me this leaves a huge hole in our plans for this season.
If Paynter was signed because the Agogo deal didn't happen (as I believe to be the case) then what else did we miss out on when we opted for Ricketts and how much will it cost us when we come to the end of the season?

How much did we pay this waster in wages and did we blow a shed-load of cash by way of a signing on fee?

Let's hope we can find an adequate replacement in January...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Oct. 12 2006,10:12)]Gutted! Gutted! Gutted!!!

How excited were we all when Ricketts signed, our new signature to make the division sit up and take notice?

Clearly many of us believed that if Tilly could get Ricketts back to even close to his Bolton form, then we'd be safe as you like in this League this year and his brief appearances for the Blues so far at least suggested that we had a tarnished piece of gold that just needed a bit of love and care to get it back to what it once was!

Well, b******s to all of that and thanks for nothing Mr Ricketts!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Some have argued that you don't miss what you haven't had. Well, fair enough. But Ricketts was still a great prospect for us this season and a prospect we will now not enjoy.

For me this leaves a huge hole in our plans for this season.
If Paynter was signed because the Agogo deal didn't happen (as I believe to be the case) then what else did we miss out on when we opted for Ricketts and how much will it cost us when we come to the end of the season?

How much did we pay this waster in wages and did we blow a shed-load of cash by way of a signing on fee?

Let's hope we can find an adequate replacement in January...
Is it official yet then...?
rock.gif
Bit harsh if not..???
suspect.gif

Has this been officially announced yet? I don't class the Echo as official, and I'm interested in the official reasons given. The timing seems strange given that he looked an interesting proposition in those two sub appearances, although blatantly unfit.

This transfer was always a risky one and I hope the club protected themselves in the original contract negotiations so that they can walk away cheaply.

True enough I am basing my assertions on the story confirmation in the Echo and my faith in the management team not ripping up the contract without compelling reasons.

Read every post I've ever made about Ricketts and you'll see the faith I've placed in him (like the management at the club). However, right now my loathing for Ricketts is comparable only to Matt the Shrimp's loathing for a certain Mr Boere - and for largely the same reasons!

If subsequent revelations force me to change my views, I will apologise unreservedly, but for now I stand by my comments.

mad.gif

I doubt very much whether the Echo would have printed the article without confirming the details with Southend United prior to going to press. Just because it's not on the OS doesn't mean it's not 100% accurate. Bare in mind that the Echo have their team working on the days story's from about 4am and can edit up until 6am I believe. I would have thought it highly unlikely that anyone from the club is about at that time of the morning to beat them to it and get a story on the OS and more than likely the club have no problem with the Echo breaking the story once a phone call has been made. Once the story has been broken in the press the pressure really is off as regards getting it on the OS asap.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Oct. 12 2006,10:32)]True enough I am basing my assertions on the story confirmation in the Echo and my faith in the management team not ripping up the contract without compelling reasons.

Read every post I've ever made about Ricketts and you'll see the faith I've placed in him (like the management at the club). However, right now my loathing for Ricketts is comparable only to Matt the Shrimp's loathing for a certain Mr Boere - and for largely the same reasons!

If subsequent revelations force me to change my views, I will apologise unreservedly, but for now I stand by my comments.

mad.gif
Surely we should wait to hear some kind of explanation rather than blaming solely Ricketts.

Gutted.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Oct. 12 2006,10:32)]However, right now my loathing for Ricketts is comparable only to Matt the Shrimp's loathing for a certain Mr Boere - and for largely the same reasons!
True, but on the up-side, we only had to put up with Ricketts for (what) two months or so. We had that Dutch w**ker at the club bleeding us dry and putting in quarter-arsed performances for the best part of two years.

mad.gif

Nurse, where are the tranqs...

Oo.gif

Why gutted Beefy?

Sorry, but I had my doubts from the outset and have said so a number of times on here. Don't get me wrong, the last time I saw him in a blues shirt he looked as though he's lost some weight and I was all ready to give him the benefit of the doubt but it did seem to me that his achilles problem was taking an incredible time to heal and I also knew of his prior training shennanigans at his previous clubs.

I dare say this has been a long time coming as far as Tilly and Ron are concerned (hence the reason we had seven strikers on the books, knowing a while ago one would be leaving)

Im not gutted in the least. He was a huge gamble, both in monetary terms and application and commitment. If one of the reasons for the contract termination was upsetting the players around him on occasions this may go some way to explaining the lack of understanding and dip in form we have all endured in recent weeks. Sometimes it only takes one bad apple to upset the apple cart.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Oct. 12 2006,10:51)]Why gutted Beefy?

Sorry, but I had my doubts from the outset and have said so a number of times on here. Don't get me wrong, the last time I saw him in a blues shirt he looked as though he's lost some weight and I was all ready to give him the benefit of the doubt but it did seem to me that his achilles problem was taking an incredible time to heal and I also knew of his prior training shennanigans at his previous clubs.

I dare say this has been a long time coming as far as Tilly and Ron are concerned (hence the reason we had seven strikers on the books, knowing a while ago one would be leaving)

Im not gutted in the least. He was a huge gamble, both in monetary terms and application and commitment. If one of the reasons for the contract termination was upsetting the players  around him on occasions this may go some way to explaining the lack of understanding and dip in form we have all endured in recent weeks. Sometimes it only takes one bad apple to upset the apple cart.
Probably for the reasons you suggest yourself D62...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He was a huge gamble

The gamble didn't pay off. The downside would seem to have cost us a lot of money. The upside though could've been tremendous!

down.gif

Ok, point taken. I answered the question myself but I suppose it's all down to perspective. As far as wasted money is concerned. I'd be amazed if Ron/Tilly didn't have a clause written into the contract that imposed some kind of compensation should he not come up to scratch. Also I believe I'm right in saying there wasn't a signing on fee involved and if you take into account he was (allegedly) on 3k p/w the most the club have lost is 30k+ tops.

I'd much rather lose that now than keep a player on the books that obviously wasn't/isn't up to it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ Oct. 12 2006,11:30)]Why has he got the rocket?
I have to say I do feel the OS should be providing an update on this to some degree.

OK, fair enough as mentioned yesterday, there may be some legal issues which require confidentiality but for example if it was a colleague who had been dismissed it would be usual for a one-line official announcement from the management team to confirm they've gone with a reason as to why.

Not wanting to be pleased that my confirmation yesterday was indeed correct i am really gutted that he is going, i thought him and Freddy might have done well together, oh well it's not be. I hope my next head line story will be good news !! I was very pleased with the reaction to this info when i told it it yesterday, instead of bullsh*t, your and idiot, who is your source "santa", whats that smell, i saw the general feeling was let's wait and see. So good on you Shrimperzone and thanks to the 99% of you who gave me the chance. Up The Blues.

Mr Wrongun may i apologise as i for one if im honest didn't believe you, I shall not make that same mistake again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Oct. 12 2006,11:44)]Mr Wrongun may i apologise as i for one if im honest didn't believe you, I shall not make that same mistake again.
Nothing to apologise for at all, it's not nice sharing what i believed was bad news for the club. Let's hope we move on. With the stories of Harrold and Ricketts i hope i don't get slated when i confirm later today that John Barnes will be playing up-front with Freddy on Friday. Whay does no-one ever belive me !
laugh.gif
I reckon i could post that Stan was coming back now and people would believe me. In all seriousness i am not impressed with the behaviour of Ricketts..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wrongun @ Oct. 12 2006,11:42)]I was very pleased with the reaction to this info when i told it it yesterday, instead of bullsh*t, your and idiot, who is your source "santa", whats that smell, i saw the general feeling was let's wait and see. So good on you Shrimperzone and thanks to the 99% of you who gave me the chance. Up The Blues.
You shouldnt have taken it so personally last time anyway.

We get lots of rumours and hearsay, and back then were getting new ones every day.

It was a natural reaction at that point for people to assume "Boy cried wolf" and doubt your news.

Reason people listened this time was because they knew you had some credibility!

Now go find out something positive, we all need a lift!

Back