• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Parliamentary Petition to allow fans back into grounds

With the stats rising again things will be tightening up instead of relaxing .
Until we can go back to how things were pre covid,are you really going to enjoy watching a live game in a near empty stadium with possible restrictions on behaviour .
Might as well watch a local non league club with plenty of standing room to jump around

It would be madness to allow fans back into stadiums at the moment.

The government should be closing cinemas and theatres instead.

Why? Other countries are doing it. There were 8-11,000 fans at some Bundesliga games at the weekend, no problems. At what point do we go back, what are we waiting for? A vaccine could be months away.

If you don't want to take the very small risk, fine - stay at home. But some of us would like to get back to living.

(I have just signed, over 180,000 now)

Yep, but at some Bundesliga games played inside stadia with far greater capacities and of rather more modern build than RH, or are you suggesting stadiums in the UK should be allowed to open (immediately) to their full capacities?

Yep, but at some Bundesliga games played inside stadia with far greater capacities and of rather more modern build than RH, or are you suggesting stadiums in the UK should be allowed to open (immediately) to their full capacities?

Not full capacity immediately, no, do it in a staged way like they're doing in Germany and as was the plan here originally.

With a growing number of top medical people now saying herd immunity is the only way forward......Stadiums should be opened to at least 50%, with hugging and contact encouraged.

Of course if your at risk or you are just scared, no one if forcing you into a stadium......But the quicker the herd have all had it the safer you will be when you have to venture out to the shops etc......Would you rather shop with 100 people who can't be positive because they have all had it or 100 who may well be positive as they pass you or touch your shopping?

Parents should have Covid parties instead of locking up their children.

I have signed but believe that the capacities should be no more than 20% with a limit of around 3500 including for Premiership clubs. Although clubs such as Arsenal would have no problem accommodating 12000 fans, there would be major issues when they all come out and head for the Underground. So many things to consider but 20 % should be fine for SUFC.

I have signed but believe that the capacities should be no more than 20% with a limit of around 3500 including for Premiership clubs. Although clubs such as Arsenal would have no problem accommodating 12000 fans, there would be major issues when they all come out and head for the Underground. So many things to consider but 20 % should be fine for SUFC.
Fair point but considering Prem teams left the burden on EFL clubs (as prem slubs said we would lose money, surely EFL clubs will too and they are more at risk - different argument i know) over a 1,000 fans can see them saying 3,500 is too small. I agree with what your saying though, personally want fans back but want it to be safe for everyone as well.

Why? Other countries are doing it. There were 8-11,000 fans at some Bundesliga games at the weekend, no problems. At what point do we go back, what are we waiting for? A vaccine could be months away.

If you don't want to take the very small risk, fine - stay at home. But some of us would like to get back to living.

(I have just signed, over 180,000 now)
You do know that Mad Cyril and his family are currently fighting covid, right? I'm with him and not prepared to risk myself or my family, however 'small' you think the risk is.

With a growing number of top medical people now saying herd immunity is the only way forward......Stadiums should be opened to at least 50%, with hugging and contact encouraged.

Of course if your at risk or you are just scared, no one if forcing you into a stadium......But the quicker the herd have all had it the safer you will be when you have to venture out to the shops etc......Would you rather shop with 100 people who can't be positive because they have all had it or 100 who may well be positive as they pass you or touch your shopping?

Parents should have Covid parties instead of locking up their children.

Wow! Glad you’re such an expert....what a relief.....

You do know that Mad Cyril and his family are currently fighting covid, right? I'm with him and not prepared to risk myself or my family, however 'small' you think the risk is.
That’s your choice to not attend. Others should be allowed to make their own choice, like the 4,700 people who are allowed to go to the O2 Arena for a concert in December. And those who are allowed to chose to take the risk of going to indoor venues such as pubs, cinemas, and theatres.

Last edited:
That’s your choice to not attend. Others should be allowed to make their own choice, like the 4,700 people who are allowed to go to the O2 Arena for a concert in December. And those who are allowed to chose to take the risk of going to indoor venues such as pubs, cinemas, and theatres.

How do you ensure that the people who decide the risk is worth taking don't catch something and pass it on to others? Some of those, may be the type of people the decided the risk was too great and didn't attend?

If it is possible to 100% ensure there is no spread then you'd have my full support.

How do you ensure that the people who decide the risk is worth taking don't catch something and pass it on to others? Some of those, may be the type of people the decided the risk was too great and didn't attend?

If it is possible to 100% ensure there is no spread then you'd have my full support.
And how are they ensuring that for the 4,700 people going to the concert at the O2 in December? Or any of the other indoor venues that remain open, or have plans to open their doors in the next couple of months? There isn’t a 100% guarantee there will be no spread in these places, yet they are allowed to open their doors and outdoor football stadiums aren’t. Why the inconsistency?

There will never be 100% certainty, so what are you going to do?

Yes.I suspect a majority of those who’ve signed are the younger element and some of them,not many you’d hope,believing they are safe ,don’t care too much who they pass it on to.
I wonder how many of these have realised they wouldn’t be allowed to shout out,let alone sing or chant?

Back