• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Party Poppers

if anyone pulls a half-decent fast/fast-medium bowler, i'd be interested.

Caleb Maxwell (1276891)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, competent bowling form, moderate
A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Southend
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,070 (-5)
Wages: £510 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

I pulled him Saturday - current bid at £3000. Not sure he's too high a competent, though. He got 2-26 in the cup game Sunday, against a side similar to your level I'd imagine.

if anyone pulls a half-decent fast/fast-medium bowler, i'd be interested.

Loz, I pulled this guy, he's on the market, and I think he'll pop very quickly.

Anthony Softley (1276693)
RH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: BATTY SHRIMPERS
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 6,079 (-13)
Wages: £549 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: competent
Fielding: feeble

My worry is that I won't be able to replace him. There just aren't any all rounders on the market so those that do come on are going to be stupid money.

Hopefully the wage increases will start to bite soon. Once teams stop making a profit even when they are playing away, we should see the rampant inflation slowed down.

The first class subsidy is fair enough, but its ridiculous that you can earn £80,000 a week interest.

3 secondaries for me but my 20yo Wk/Ba didn't pop in Ba as expected. So another week for him at least. Plus that means I have over estimated on Ruddy's (22) Batting pop which now won't be next week but the week after.

only one pop this week... however, i was more excited by my new allround YP i got on saturday...

William James - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,881
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, proficient batting form, respectable bowling form, moderate
A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: feeble(7) Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre(11) Concentration: feeble (3)
Bowling: respectable(11) Consistency: competent (3)
Fielding: worthless

got him on one bowl, one bat one stamina... how long till he pops in anything do you know??

Need his wage to be able to tell. Surely got to be worth a fielding net as well if you can as well benefit both cons.

I would say you should get the bowling pop after about 3 weeks but wait a bit longer for batting. No real way of telling for absolute definite though. 1 x bat, bowl, field & fitness would create a great little player though. Whilst the bowling secondary is equivalent enough to the primary, boosting the concentration will make up for his batting starting from such a low level.

I reckon he's 3 weeks bowling at max, even if batting is only a week away.

As B says, he has to have a fielding net as well.

Destructive FM, will do wonders on a Cracked pitch in about 2 seasons.

right, ive taken Cawood off bowling training, as he is 23 now, and prof/prof so hopefully will do, altho he is my only spinner, but is gonna take an age to get to strong.

Now i have 4 nets for James, hope he pops like a little engine...

Back