• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rusty Lee

Coach
The lad isnt getting into the squad at Charlton, just kicking he's heels, worth having him down the Hall for a month on loan.

would be a great move for both sides but think it will mean more going out on loan or upsetting other players, would think their is other sides wanting him at this moment with his wages being a problem for some clubs.

He is an SUFC fan, his Dad is a season ticket holder and I think, he'd link up with Neil Harris fantastically well. Absolutely agree with this, he was also keen to join us a few seasons back in the Tilly days.

He is an SUFC fan, his Dad is a season ticket holder and I think, he'd link up with Neil Harris fantastically well. Absolutely agree with this, he was also keen to join us a few seasons back in the Tilly days.

Was he? As far as I remember it, he had a trial but wasn't prepared to wait around for a second reserve match because D&R offered him a deal. Surely if he was keen to join he would have hung around for another week? (Don't blame him for not waiting, but it doesn't scream to me that he was keen to join.)

Would be nice, but won't happen. More chance him signing for us next season.

He turned down Notts County a few weeks ago, seemingly because the deal wasn't long enough. If he got an offer similar to the one Harris got of three years then I guess it would be possible but I don't think the Club would be likely to come up with that kind of offer with Harris, Corr & Dickinson on the books already.

Paul maybe keen on a loan move for no other reason than to put him in the shop window, i heard he didnt take the notts county job as he didnt wanna relocate he's family. Can some have a word with Sturrock?

We have 3 good strikers on the books already. Harris will get plenty of goals over the whole season. Corr has proved he can do it playing half the games, and Dickinson will get better and better as he gets fully fit, he looks like he will get goals.
Is there any room for another striker, not really. Especially as we sometimes play one up front away from home.
For those wondering, I don't count Blair or Crawford as as proper strikers.

The problem is he isn't much different to Corr or Dickinson...he is nothing we apparently don't already have.

Harris I have serious doubts about, but I am prepared to sit on my views for awhile.

The problem is he isn't much different to Corr or Dickinson...he is nothing we apparently don't already have.

Harris I have serious doubts about, but I am prepared to sit on my views for awhile.

Doubts about what? How many goals he'll get or what he brings to the side?

As i said above, my suggestion was for the next month, while we have both Blair and Barry both crocked. Wasnt really looking passed that, if paul comes in and scores lots of goals, as a manager thats a difficult position i would like to be in

His Dad Charlei is a huge fan.....but Paul has to do tyhe best thing for his career! I very much doubt that he would come to SUFC on loan....we dicked him about a bit before. However, he might consider a permanent move if the term and deal was right......however, he possibly isnt something that we dont already have and whenever I have seen him play, he doesnt rweally impress me.

Was he? As far as I remember it, he had a trial but wasn't prepared to wait around for a second reserve match because D&R offered him a deal. Surely if he was keen to join he would have hung around for another week? (Don't blame him for not waiting, but it doesn't scream to me that he was keen to join.)

My recollection was that the trial was at the end of the season, Tilly asked him back to have a look during pre-season as we had just won promotion to league 1 but D&R offered him a deal .
Tilly decision appeared to be vindicated as PB only scored twice in the conference in 2005/6 and We won league 1

PB strikes me a bit of a poacher and would work well either feeding off the big lads (Corr / Dicko) or with more subtle support of Harris.

Strikers is not our problem. Service to them is and i think thats purely down to style of play ie if we didnt blast the ball in the sky so much our forwards would start to show their quality. Rooney wouldnt of been able to work off the balls we played forward on Tuesday!

We wont be able to bring anyone else in, until we ship a few out. We are near the wage cap limit.

Strikers is not our problem. Service to them is and i think thats purely down to style of play ie if we didnt blast the ball in the sky so much our forwards would start to show their quality. Rooney wouldnt of been able to work off the balls we played forward on Tuesday!

quite simply the best post this week

If the N'Daiye fella gets shipped back, wont that free up a bit of dosh?

Back