• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wait for it, paul benson may sign for us on monday, you heard it from me first:thumbsup:

More importantly where did you hear it? We have a lot of "you heard it here first" posts on here and they almost always never come off.....

Hope you're right pal, would be a great signing. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
wait for it, paul benson may sign for us on monday, you heard it from me first:thumbsup:

..does he play in goal as this is where the real problem is. Never heard Chris Phillips publicly slag off a player like he did Smith today. You got it wrong signing him Sturrock....have the balls to change it NOW!

..does he play in goal as this is where the real problem is. Never heard Chris Phillips publicly slag off a player like he did Smith today. You got it wrong signing him Sturrock....have the balls to change it NOW!

Haha wiggy's back, 1st time in weeks. And what is the topic of choice (s)he wishes to discuss? The goalkeeper situation wiggy? Oh I'm shocked by that one, never saw it coming.....

:smile::smile::smile:

You never fail to make me smile wiggy, unfortunately for you it's for all the wrong reasons. #zzzzzzzzz

Haha wiggy's back, 1st time in weeks. And what is the topic of choice (s)he wishes to discuss? The goalkeeper situation wiggy? Oh I'm shocked by that one, never saw it coming.....

You never fail to make me smile wiggy, unfortunately for you it's for all the wrong reasons. #zzzzzzzzz
What you talking about....been here all week, protecting Smith as it happens over the ridiculous managers decision to use Bentley for the pens. Glad you are happy to watch a keeper as bad as this, Benson, Van Persie up front, it won't matter with Smith giving the rest a goal/2 start with his unbelievable goal line antics!

Even I have to say that, on what I heard today, there is a problem of communication between Smith and the defense although I don't know whether he was at fault for any of the goals. This really needs to be sorted out, hopefully on the training ground. The more important problem of our lightweight midfield and increasing tendency to concede from opponents attacking our left-hand side, may not be so easily solved........but they're the REAL urgencies.

What you talking about....been here all week, protecting Smith as it happens over the ridiculous managers decision to use Bentley for the pens. Glad you are happy to watch a keeper as bad as this, Benson, Van Persie up front, it won't matter with Smith giving the rest a goal/2 start with his unbelievable goal line antics!

How many times has he done that exactly?

Last time I asked the question you said you couldn't be bothered to find out, but as your making the claim again I assume you have done your research.

Anyway back on topic, he'd be a good signing for us but I'd rather the wages were spent in midfield.

D'ya know wiggy I can't remember the last time a thread you either created or tried to take over WASN'T about the goalkeeping situation. Quite frankly it bores me. You never have anything positive to say and that's why you have the reputation you do on here, sadly a leopard never changes its spots and I highly doubt you'll prove me wrong in the future.

You have to earn respect on here, sadly over many years you have failed. Smith is a good keeper, but is also a confidence keeper. Some people decide very quickly that a player is no good and get on their backs from the off, for keepers and especially confidence keepers that's a nightmare. The way Smith has been treated by many "supporters" at this club is nothing short of disgraceful, if they'd spent their energy getting behind the guy we'd be a whole lot better off. Sadly this won't change, it was the same for Mildenhall - a solid L1 "confidence" keeper who did extremely well to come back from the way he was treated in that first season by many of the Hall faithful to show he was worthy of the shirt. I'd suggest people do the same for Smith but I'm not holding my breath.

As for you wiggy you'll never be happy with anyone between the posts as they'll never compare to your beloved Darryl.

Rant over.

Even I have to say that, on what I heard today, there is a problem of communication between Smith and the defense although I don't know whether he was at fault for any of the goals. This really needs to be sorted out, hopefully on the training ground. The more important problem of our lightweight midfield and increasing tendency to concede from opponents attacking our left-hand side, may not be so easily solved........but they're the REAL urgencies.

This. Both are big problems and PS needs to solve them quickly.

Indeed, midfield is our problem. Even if we had Joe Hart in goal I cant see us doing anything without Laird and a new addition in there.

D'ya know wiggy I can't remember the last time a thread you either created or tried to take over WASN'T about the goalkeeping situation. Quite frankly it bores me. You never have anything positive to say and that's why you have the reputation you do on here, sadly a leopard never changes its spots and I highly doubt you'll prove me wrong in the future.

You have to earn respect on here, sadly over many years you have failed. Smith is a good keeper, but is also a confidence keeper. Some people decide very quickly that a player is no good and get on their backs from the off, for keepers and especially confidence keepers that's a nightmare. The way Smith has been treated by many "supporters" at this club is nothing short of disgraceful, if they'd spent their energy getting behind the guy we'd be a whole lot better off. Sadly this won't change, it was the same for Mildenhall - a solid L1 "confidence" keeper who did extremely well to come back from the way he was treated in that first season by many of the Hall faithful to show he was worthy of the shirt. I'd suggest people do the same for Smith but I'm not holding my breath.

As for you wiggy you'll never be happy with anyone between the posts as they'll never compare to your beloved Darryl.

Rant over.

Wiggy picked up on something commented on by Chris Phillips on the broadcast today that there is no communication between Smith and his defence. Exeter were playing balls over the top of our back four and there was no calls from the keeper and the defence were unsure if he was coming for the ball and had to hack clear under pressure.

Not a good situation.

Well I take with a pinch of salt anything that Chris Phillips says. It doesn't matter whether the keeper comes off his line or not provided whatever he does is consistent. Paul Sturrock alluded to this at the AGM. but still the problem seems to be there.
Midfield gives me most cause for cocern.We are back to the midfield that struggled through October. Somehow PS must find 2 central midfield players in time for next Saturday. Too late for the Brentford match and hopefully those 2 players would be eligible for the Orient matches or we can forget about a trip to Wembley.

@stevenh1972: Paul Benson on loan to Southend in the next couple of days! Freddy looks unneeded to me! #Sufc

Not sure if Fasto is ITK or chatting bollocks

Wiggy picked up on something commented on by Chris Phillips on the broadcast today that there is no communication between Smith and his defence. Exeter were playing balls over the top of our back four and there was no calls from the keeper and the defence were unsure if he was coming for the ball and had to hack clear under pressure.

Not a good situation.

No sure it was that big a thing. Am watching the full match on Blues World and it's not a communication thing - Smith just didn't want to come, Phillips wanted him to come. Phillips still had plenty of time to take a touch and then clear.

As I type that, an excellent save by Smith low down to his right at the near post.

How much time do they need to sort out communication?. They've played as a team for nearly 6 months!!!!

Phillips has been out for a while.

Well I take with a pinch of salt anything that Chris Phillips says. It doesn't matter whether the keeper comes off his line or not provided whatever he does is consistent. Paul Sturrock alluded to this at the AGM. but still the problem seems to be there.
Midfield gives me most cause for cocern.We are back to the midfield that struggled through October. Somehow PS must find 2 central midfield players in time for next Saturday. Too late for the Brentford match and hopefully those 2 players would be eligible for the Orient matches or we can forget about a trip to Wembley.

The midfield has been an issue for most of the season. Kane has never been replaced.

Yet another striker then, and one that again has some pedigree. Surely we need to move a couple on? Eastwood, Harris, Benyon, Corr. Something needs to give!

Back