• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

At the end of the day we don't know the detail, where the devil is, in our transfer attempts. I suspect chasing Simpson for too long was a mistake and a cut off date should have been considered so an alternative could have been brought in. As Ebanks-Blake, he may technically have been an upgrade but perhaps too costly to warrant. Who knows?

Right now we have the squad we have to go with. There are a few new faces I am delighted to have at our club and some of the others have something to prove. For me, right now, it's not the personnel but how it's played. I feel sure we have the ability to consolidate. Whether that transpires will be mostly down to who manages them and how. For me PB has three games. He has the best squad he could get (not necessarily the best he wanted) and it needs to perform.

I do not demand we go on a winning spree but the next three games at least need to show continued improvement and offer hope.

In a funny way, this might bring everyone together a bit more.

No more speculation and we can just get on with what we have.

At the end of the day we don't know the detail, where the devil is, in our transfer attempts. I suspect chasing Simpson for too long was a mistake and a cut off date should have been considered so an alternative could have been brought in. As Ebanks-Blake, he may technically have been an upgrade but perhaps too costly to warrant. Who knows?

Right now we have the squad we have to go with. There are a few new faces I am delighted to have at our club and some of the others have something to prove. For me, right now, it's not the personnel but how it's played. I feel sure we have the ability to consolidate. Whether that transpires will be mostly down to who manages them and how. For me PB has three games. He has the best squad he could get (not necessarily the best he wanted) and it needs to perform.

I do not demand we go on a winning spree but the next three games at least need to show continued improvement and offer hope.

This is a great point. We cant and wont win every game, but as fans who pay the money to watch our team, the least we can expect is to be competitive. This for me is where PB and the team have failed in a massive way. From the Rochdale game last season onwards apart from maybe a couple of occasions the team has lacked spark, have had a head downs mentality and on Saturday were beaten in every dept by Fleetwood. Our first choice 11 should be good enough to compete at this level. Throw in Timlin, Ranger and Wordsworth and we have a decent 14-15 players. The problem therefore lies firmly at the feet of PB his tactical ability, knowledge of the opposition, the ability to motivate the team etc and when the chips are down have a Plan B even a Plan C. The next month I think will have a major baring on the season. If the team can come together and get through the rough patch we have a chance. Roll over and have our bellies tickled by every opposition then we have huge huge problems. I unfortunately don't see anything other than the latter happening and for that reason it cant do the side any harm to have a change in management, a fresh start, fresh ideas etc

OK I take your comments and counter with. How is it possible for almost all other clubs to bring in the players they want, but for some reason you can't.

Either the chairman hasn't done the business or you haven't. Either way our club is pretty rotten at the moment from top to bottom.

Lets talk facts for a bit.

12 teams in this division made more than one signing yesterday

There was no activity at three clubs.

We were one of six clubs to make one loaning signing only.

Three clubs made one permanent signing only.

I could break down the loanees into long term and short term, but I don't have the time.

So actually, as far as League One is concerned. Our deadline day performance was average.

In total, there were only 36 players signed by League One clubs yesterday and seven of them went to Bolton or Peterborough.

Just had enough of this muppet a long time ago and the longer he stays the more frustrated and irritable I become.

Fair comment, Rob, but we've had worse times than this.

Many times.

I'm really not that bothered TBH. We needed improvements in defence and have achieved this. We do need cover up front as one more injury we leave us perilously short but at the moment we have three fit forwards and possibly about to add Theo Robinson which would make four. We have Ranger, Wordsworth and Timlin to come back into the squad so it ain't all bad. This Simpson saga has really got on my nerves. I'm glad we haven't caved in to Orients "mental" chairman and paid out silly money. If he was any good then teams from the championship would be in for him wouldn't they?
Having said all of that mind, I do find it curious that Brown announces yesterday as the day that defines our season. He does seem to speak before thinking but then I suppose he shows a bit of passion which isn't a bad thing.

I could break down the loanees into long term and short term, but I don't have the time.

So actually, as far as League One is concerned. Our deadline day performance was average.

In total, there were only 36 players signed by League One clubs yesterday and seven of them went to Bolton or Peterborough.

Good point but were the other clubs as desperate for personnel in certain positions as us? They may have been happy with their level of dealings. Were we?

You need to be careful here Kerry, this sort of post is going to brand you as a sensible, responsible pillar of the SZ community!

I have more of an issue with Brown keep saying the squad isn't strong enough. His choice of words sometimes leave a lot to be desired. If he had said the squad needs more strength in depth then that would have made more sense. Don't think the players really needed to hear that yesterday was a season defining day. Brown is saying in not so many words that some of the players he has are not good enough.

Brown's job is to get the very best out of what resources he has rather than continually moan about what he hasn't got. Our best side if we are ever able to field it is more than good enough to survive. Though unfortunately probably no better than that.

Rigsby it's sad to see you become abusive and rude, used to respect a lot of your posts but just lately your tone is quite frankly not very nice. If people didn't care they wouldn't be posting their views so maybe it's time to step away from the keyboard and take a break ? If we all held the same view the world would be a boring place but you do appear to be hell bent on trying to defend the indefensible. I'm no angel, I get a bit animated at times and yes can be rude but that's me, I've seen a big shift in your attitude recently, no offence intended.

Fair comment, Rob, but we've had worse times than this.

Many times.

In my time going to games consistently (the season Tilson took over), the performances have been consistently crap and bordering on abysmal at homes more times under Brown than any other. It's got to the point where I back us to lose games and I have never ever done that before :'(:'(:'(

Good point but were the other clubs as desperate for personnel in certain positions as us? They may have been happy with their level of dealings. Were we?

Where are we desperate ? I understand what you are saying, ie looking at the squad today. However, whilst they are injured currently, Timlin, Wordsworth and Ranger are all first team players. All under contract. If you bought three players in to replace these in the short term, then in 3 weeks, we have too many players, with a wage bill that is out of kilter over the system, because we bought for the short term.

If we add Theo R , personally, a front 4 of Cox, Ranger, Theo, Mooney and then Williams is decent.

Again, was I refreshing Twitter to see if we were to add Simpson or someone like him, but alas it never happened. I've made the point elsewhere, the number of our squad is still over 20 players .., some are talking as though we have the bare 11 plus a couple of subs. We have added Cox and Ferdinand and Ranger, these are quality players that. Most of the players we have are our players, ie we are not top heavy with loan players, which others have bemoaned over the last few seasons.

The absence currently of the aforementioned players does make the current situation seem worse, because we currently cannot call upon them, but also, give it 3 weeks hopefully and they are all back.

Also, I am not PB blind, but again, by word have I known a lot lot worse teams and players at Roots Hall over the last 20 years, yes this isn't the Championship team we had, but my god its miles better than the Colin Murphy ( before Stan), Dick Bate and Alvin Martin teams .... its call balanced perspectives I suppose. Like some will agree with this and some will label me or everyone at the Club clueless and muppets, each to their own in my opinion.

Well, I'm already for Bolton away, I hope others are to, to support and not jump on the BrownOut bandwagon from minute 1

Rigsby it's sad to see you become abusive and rude, used to respect a lot of your posts but just lately your tone is quite frankly not very nice. If people didn't care they wouldn't be posting their views so maybe it's time to step away from the keyboard and take a break ? If we all held the same view the world would be a boring place but you do appear to be hell bent on trying to defend the indefensible. I'm no angel, I get a bit animated at times and yes can be rude but that's me, I've seen a big shift in your attitude recently, no offence intended.

Of course no ones ever rude to me. The zone has become a place where you can only have one opinion otherwise you are hounded into silence.

We weren't desperate. We wanted a centre half, a third (fourth?) winger and a backup striker. Maybe a fifth centre mid for a month. We got one of those and will probably sign the striker soon.

In my time going to games consistently (the season Tilson took over), the performances have been consistently crap and bordering on abysmal at homes more times under Brown than any other. It's got to the point where I back us to lose games and I have never ever done that before :'(:'(:'(

You lucky sod, you've been spoilt.

Back