• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Martin had Sturrock and Brown already lined up. So I don't see him leaving the job open for applications or for Coughlan to have a go as interim. It will probably be an unemployed, experienced manager.

Gary Megson!

Personally I can't see what difference promoting from within is going to make; we're better off with a fresh start.

Nathan Jones would not come here in a million years, why would he!!

As for AB; zero managerial experience, so no thank you.

This is apparently a quote from Nathan Jones (Wikepedia, the source)
"It (Christianity) keeps you grounded. There's a lot of temptations, a lot of pitfalls nowadays, especially for a sportsman – and I think through God's guidance I've been able to steer clear of them. Through the hard times I've always had the stability of the Lord in my life and my family background has kept me on the straight and narrow."
I'm trying to imagine whether Ranger would be moved to better things when told this.
Don't mind any of the suggestions - excepting Paul Lambert. Tactiturn, humourless, and trenchant are just three of his personality traits.

So what we need is an experienced manager, with decent track record of winning promotions, has managed at various levels from the Premiership down to Lge 2, and has the ability to work with tight budgets, and keep a team within safety despite an injury crisis and with a very small squad.

Sounds like we need...

Phil Brown :dim:

If we’re serious about getting promotion then how about Simon Grayson? He’s got Blackpool, Leeds, Huddersfield and Preston all promoted from this league.
Whether he’d want to move south is another question

Strikes me that IF we did take a decision now, we’d have an ideal opportunity to see if Coughlan could make the step up. He knows the players and would have every opportunity to make the relevant changes and see if he could change the mentality.

Based on happenings of the last couple of months, he’d have a great opportunity to be radical and show his leadership. Move Anton into a supporting (either ‘when needed’ or defensive coaching role) and give Nile his marching orders (I felt it was a gamble worth taking, but we’re fast finding out there’s a deeply inset reason he’s not reached his potential).

If Cougho could win a couple, and get the team and fans behind him, then who knows? Our likely alternative would mean hiring someone who’d been sacked elsewhere.

....please not Coughlan......who knows maybe it's him that is the negative force.....Sturrock was poor football and so is Brown trousers....lets start again with someone that likes to entertain.

....please not Coughlan......who knows maybe it's him that is the negative force.....Sturrock was poor football and so is Brown trousers....lets start again with someone that likes to entertain.

Who knows? Maybe it isn't?

The great thing about a potential 'caretaker' role (as we've all seen happen when a manager is severed) gives him the opportunity to show us both what he might be capable of and how the players might react even before making a substantial and risky investment in a new broom. IF we were to dispense with Brown at this point of a season, I'd see a lot of upside and very little downside.

Nathan Jones would be my choice,
But Luton are on the ascendancy at the moment , so why would he.
The Crowley’s, even informing their dislike of us, are also looking past our level for their next job.

Personally I think it will be another journeyman manger doing the rounds and he will be gone in a year as we slip down a division . I know I have said it before , but we are due a pony manager , we haven’t had one since Wignall and that’s almost 20 years and , regardless of when PB goes and why , i feel it will be his successor.

My first thought was coco the clown, then I thought why not this fella??

images

According to Chris Philip's he has spoken to Martin
And there is no story to tell ;so we can safely say brown is going nowhere

Ron usually meets Phil in Starbucks in Southend on Sundays , saw Ron in there but no Phil.

Back