• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Got another fridge story to tell us MK, cos I'm struggling to find the link! :unsure:

I must say, that's a healthy looking fridge.

Where are the bars of chocolate, cans of beer and pizzas?

fridge.jpg

The fridge has probably got more chance of playing Left Back than Hendrie on Saturday

Personally I’d stick it in at CB as it’s more mobile than AF :winking:

Powell/Tilson dreamteam for me!

Ron Martin can eat humble pie. Tilson's dismissal was a farce as we all know. He had not 'lost the dressing room" as Adam Barrett and others would confirm. And not even Pepe Guardiola would have kept us up that season!

This is a pointless thread as Brown won't be going anywhere. However, it's good for a bit of fun.

I've always liked Gareth Ainsworth. He has done a great job with a limited budget for a good while now. Wycombe always battered us when we played there. He sets his teams up very well for me. Let's face it, they were a few mins away from going up against us. He has a touch of class about him too. He always has respect for opposing fans. The highlight being when he came straight over to us and applauded when Wycombe got promoted on the last day of the season some years back. He did this last week in the FA cup too. Has that sense of class about him, unlike people like Steve Evans.

Paul Tisdale would be another good choice. Always loved how he tries to play the game. Again, on a limited budget. Both managers deserve a crack at a higher level and I wouldn't mind if it was with us.

This is a pointless thread as Brown won't be going anywhere. However, it's good for a bit of fun.

I've always liked Gareth Ainsworth. He has done a great job with a limited budget for a good while now. Wycombe always battered us when we played there. He sets his teams up very well for me. Let's face it, they were a few seconds away from going up against us. He has a touch of class about him too. He always has respect for opposing fans. The highlight being when he came straight over to us and applauded when Wycombe got promoted on the last day of the season some years back. He did this last week in the FA cup too. Has that sense of class about him, unlike people like Steve Evans.

Paul Tisdale would be another good choice. Always loved how he tries to play the game. Again, on a limited budget. Both managers deserve a crack at a higher level and I wouldn't mind if it was with us.

Edited for accuracy.

When we do get a new manager (whenever that is), Ron has a habit of surprising us. I have no idea who it will be, but I'll bet it WON'T be any of the following -

Adam Barrett
Steve Tilson
Chris Powell
The Cowley brothers
Nathan Jones
Tony Pulis
Slaven Bilic
Paolo di Canio

When we do get a new manager (whenever that is), Ron has a habit of surprising us. I have no idea who it will be, but I'll bet it WON'T be any of the following -

Adam Barrett
Steve Tilson
Chris Powell
Wow, brave there, not sure I'd bet against any of these - if I bet, of course!

Cant say im psyched by any of the names mentioned.... Powell and Barrett get the fan in me going but cant see it myself, they know Ron...... as mentioned we are overdue a dick bate type manger who will get us relegated. Not sure what Brown is up to with his stupid media rants but we are mid table league one, better the devil you know?

I've felt that for a while. We could do a lot worse than PB and his stats are up there with the most successful managers we have had.

My concern is that he has lost the will and drive. Just sounds like he would rather be somewhere else. That's not a good thing, IMHO.

Powell/Tilson dreamteam for me!

Ron Martin can eat humble pie. Tilson's dismissal was a farce as we all know. He had not 'lost the dressing room" as Adam Barrett and others would confirm. And not even Pepe Guardiola would have kept us up that season!

Tilson's dismissal was absolutely the correct decision, even if the reasoning was wrong. There's no way Tilson had enough contacts to assemble a squad that would survive relegation when the only player who hadn't walked due to not being paid was Anthony Grant. Sturrock worked a miracle by assembling his squad when we couldn't even guarantee they would have contracts less than 48 hours before the season started because we were still under an embargo. The only reason I can see he managed it is because he had so many players that trusted him because of what he'd done throughout his career. I'm not sure Tilly would even have wanted to stay anyway, I'd have been pretty fed up of Ron by that point.

I've always liked Gareth Ainsworth. He has done a great job with a limited budget for a good while now. Wycombe always battered us when we played there. He sets his teams up very well for me. Let's face it, they were a few mins away from going up against us. He has a touch of class about him too. He always has respect for opposing fans. The highlight being when he came straight over to us and applauded when Wycombe got promoted on the last day of the season some years back. He did this last week in the FA cup too. Has that sense of class about him, unlike people like Steve Evans.

Two decent shouts. Like you say they've both been doing a good job in League Two for a number of years and deserve a crack at a higher level. Ainsworth still includes himself in the matchday squad occasionally if Wycombe have lots of injuries, so might be quite useful for us! :smile:

I'd also echo smudgster's call for Neal Ardley. Don't think he gets the credit he deserves. Took Wimbledon to League One and has established him there despite the fact they're probably the smallest club in the league. He is very connected to the club though so he might be one of those managers who struggles elsewhere. Would be more of a gamble than some of the other names.

Anyway, this is all hypothetical as I don't believe Brown will go until the end of the season.

Funny old thing, football.

Quite a few shouts for managers from League Two who have either failed to get their team promoted, or did achieve this and the side is doing OK in League One on one of the mediocre budgets in the division.

Personally, I'd prefer to see a small team, including the likes of Powelly, AB, Tilly, Kev Maher. A Powell/Tilly combo would be ideal, IMHO, with AB and Kev on the coaching/advisory role. There's plenty of players here already, who could also assist. I think it would give the fans an identity with the team/manager that we don't seem to have so much, these days.

No-ones mentioned Dean Austin who's got excellent pedigree, or Mike Marsh who was recently a coach at Liverpool.

Never mind what Peter Butler's achieving internationally (not sure he'd come here, but he does keep an eye on Batlokwa). Or Spinner, (but don't think he'll come back to the cold)

I don't think it'll be Powell. Or Barrett. Might be Maher but unlikely.

Challinor and Watson are doing well in non-league.

Back