• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Peter Clarke Gone to Hudds

The Huddersfield supporters have noticed the difference in the two interviews and are full of praise for his diplomacy - I think that's how you have to take it. Clarke is actually quite an eloquent speaker as we've heard in several interviews - particularly around the time of the Chelsea games. I don't believe his not mentioning our fans till near the end can be regarded as a snub, nor do I believe he was prompted, he's always maintained a good relationship with the supporters, well, for the two full seasons he was here anyway.

Hi Shrimper's.

i'm actually quite pleased with the decision that Peter Clarke to join Huddersfield, not just for the money but to respect his family in a way.

I'm sure he will get a good reception when we play eachother next season and i think our team is getting over run by CLARKES as now thats for we have, well all the best for pre season and hope you get a good replacement for PC.

Hudders Lad

Hi Shrimper's.

i'm actually quite pleased with the decision that Peter Clarke to join Huddersfield, not just for the money but to respect his family in a way.

I'm sure he will get a good reception when we play eachother next season and i think our team is getting over run by CLARKES as now thats for we have, well all the best for pre season and hope you get a good replacement for PC.

Hudders Lad

Welcome to the board, as you've probably gathered, we're quite sorry to see him go but as you rightly say, he's putting his family first and you can't knock him for that. He never asked to spend the whole of last season on the transfer list, so I'm guessing the decision taken last summer may have prompted him to hold out for such a move.

Look after him, he likes a bit of rapport with the home supporters, and he'll pay you back with dividends - don't know if you'll lose as many balls as we did here when he hoofs it, your stands are a bit higher than ours!

Welcome to the board, as you've probably gathered, we're quite sorry to see him go but as you rightly say, he's putting his family first and you can't knock him for that. He never asked to spend the whole of last season on the transfer list, so I'm guessing the decision taken last summer may have prompted him to hold out for such a move.

Look after him, he likes a bit of rapport with the home supporters, and he'll pay you back with dividends - don't know if you'll lose as many balls as we did here when he hoofs it, your stands are a bit higher than ours!

Actually, I'd blotted those misplaced 40 yard passes out of my mind when I wrote in the early hours, Kay. Reminds me of a line of Frank 'Elvis' Worthington's (seeing as we're talking a bit of 'udd)...

"The modern footballer's first touch (of the ball) goes further than I can kick it and his second is a sliding tackle..." (sic; something like that anyway from around the time he retired, late '80s I think)

Back