• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cut me up in his Range Rover when he played for us, he was in the fast lane, London bound by Tesco, (you all know where I mean) I was in the slow lane going towards Eastwood, I made him go round the roundabout, as I was in the slow lane he had no option, he has a really bad temper, pulled up beside me and hung on his horn, so I wound the window down, he said do you know who I am (I a high pitched Scouse accent) I just laughed at him.
yeah a northern **** in a chelsea tractor :smile:

Signed for Us yesterday

whats the verdict from you guys ? Is he any good .. what's his strengths and weaknessess

Class defender and a leader. At 33 I doubt he has that much pace now, but that doesn't have to be an issue as proven by Barrett returning here. Awash with Championship experience, all in all a good signing for you. My abiding memory of Clarke was his FA cup goal at Chelsea on his birthday. The Blues end of the Bridge did a dance a bit like we did at Wembley.

There's a few threads about on him in our Ex-Shrimpers forum. It's a few years since we had him, I'd have thought we and Huddersfield probably had his best years. Will be forever remembered by us for scoring our goal at Stamford Bridge to draw with the mighty Chelsea on his birthday in 2009!

[video=youtube;Mifk-05Z-rM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mifk-05Z-rM[/video]

Scored quite a few for us, especially at corners so that's a big strength. Captain at several clubs, great leader on the pitch. Biggest weakness, well, massively prone to hugging opposition forwards, and gave away a few penalties with some badly timed tackles. Nice bloke though, and his parents used to go everywhere to watch him.

Great signing for you lot, guessing you won't be keeping Adam El-Abd next season? He's a good upgrade in a similar mould.

Strong player who will run through a wall for you. Not the most skilful but 100% committed. Will be good to see him again next season.

Pancake, you might want to tell Flitcroft to keep an eye out for Bilel Moshni as he will be available from Glasgow Rangers. Now he does keep a cool head and would fit in perfectly next to Clarke.

Signed for Us yesterday

whats the verdict from you guys ? Is he any good .. what's his strengths and weaknessess

Heh Pancake, I'll be looking out for the fixture at Gigg Lane next season. We're always made welcome in the club bar and Swan & Cemetery. Friendly fans and banter, just like football should be.

Heh Pancake, I'll be looking out for the fixture at Gigg Lane next season. We're always made welcome in the club bar and Swan & Cemetery. Friendly fans and banter, just like football should be.

Ozzer, although off topic, You might want to give this guy a nice big wave in appreciation of his thread below immediately after Morecambe:smile:

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?85710-Just-For-You

CEJy2Z0WgAAYJ--.jpg

Signed for Us yesterday

Tons of higher level experience, reasonably good in the air, totally 100% committed to the cause and a cracking fella too. Good signing Pancake, a leader. Fondly remembered down here, despite the fact that both he and Barrett struggled somewhat in the Championship with us. A great addition for any L1 club though and he'll do very well for you next season. I'm sure he'll get another good reception back at the Hall.

Pancake, you might want to tell Flitcroft to keep an eye out for Bilel Moshni as he will be available from Glasgow Rangers. Now he does keep a cool head and would fit in perfectly next to Clarke.

i think he'll be available on a free now (Motherwell v Rangers)!

Ha think Clarke and Nathan Cameron seems a good centre back pairing

Ozzer - even though over priced the swan is a lovely boozer and the banter is great and your right about the game with your lot , when you beat us we were destined for playoffs no denying it .

Mods- thanks for moving I knew there was a history section couldn't find it on my phone

Last edited:
Back