• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spot on. I still remember him trying to stand up to Kenwyn Jones down at Southampton. A total miss match.
That was probably one of Tilly's most fatal decisions when putting together his championship squad. We needed another Spencer Prior type alongside Barrett.

I can remember a lot of teams in the Championship just being ridiculously so much taller than we were. That Southampton side was a joke. Full of giants

Spot on. I still remember him trying to stand up to Kenwyn Jones down at Southampton. A total miss match.
That was probably one of Tilly's most fatal decisions when putting together his championship squad. We needed another Spencer Prior type alongside Barrett.
CORRECTION: that should read:We needed another Spencer Prior type INSTEAD OF Barrett,who got totally found out at Championship level. Peter Clarke,on the other hand,went on to play many(7or 8?) seasons there.

That and not addressing central midfield.

CORRECTION: that should read:We needed another Spencer Prior type INSTEAD OF Barrett,who got totally found out at Championship level. Peter Clarke,on the other hand,went on to play many(7or 8?) seasons there.

I always felt Barrett's best position was left-back. He played there on occasions during our title winning season ahead of Che (the 4-1 v Brentford rings a bell) with the Man U centre-half pairing of Prior and Sodje in the middle.

Old Clarkey had an eventful afternoon on Saturday - scored an own goal, scored a goal, gave away a penalty and was then sent off. :Dunce: There's a video on the BBC FA Cup page.

Been released by Oldham despite being their captain, fans not happy about it.

Clarke?? thats right he was the one Steve Tilson found in the Huddersfield managers office doing a deal for the following season, when Tilly popped in after a match to shake hands with their gaffer? thats it I know who he is now **** of a dad too

Most strikers can’t wait to face us either for some reason.

Still going strong! Scored both goals for Tranmere in their 2-1 win against Crawley yesterday.

Played all 12 of their games this season so far to go with the 53 last season.

Back