• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clarke started the season in the side as part of a back 3 but lately I think he’s been struggling with an injury and has been used as an emergency, coming on in games to defend a late onslaught of set pieces or to button things up. He was showing his age but never let anyone down and a true warrior.

I can confirm though that he is every inch what most of you know or thought…an absolute legend of a man, a great influence on and off the pitch and in and out of the dressing room and a huge personality for the younger players to listen to and learn from.

A proper old school pro and unfortunately a dying breed of player and influence.

Clarke started the season in the side as part of a back 3 but lately I think he’s been struggling with an injury and has been used as an emergency, coming on in games to defend a late onslaught of set pieces or to button things up. He was showing his age but never let anyone down and a true warrior.

I can confirm though that he is every inch what most of you know or thought…an absolute legend of a man, a great influence on and off the pitch and in and out of the dressing room and a huge personality for the younger players to listen to and learn from.

A proper old school pro and unfortunately a dying breed of player and influence.

…….and his mum and dad were top class too…….

I'm amazed nobody has asked why haven't we signed him yet maybe our fans are starting to realise signing ex players at the end of their career isn't the answer 🤷‍♂️

He had an nightmare as Barnet beat Oldham 2-0 and put them in bottom 4 for first time this season!

It’s showed that our win at Barnet was no fluke.

He had an nightmare as Barnet beat Oldham 2-0 and put them in bottom 4 for first time this season!

It’s showed that our win at Barnet was no fluke.
You watched it? Or you took the non league paper ratings out of 10 as your guidance?

What relevance does this have to a Southend game v Barnet? Are you one of those that thinks if you play someone who lost 3-0 to someone you beat 2-0 that you will win 5-0?

What a bloke. What a player.

Remember a snippet from an interview he did a couple of years back when he was questioned on a future in coaching. From what I remember he didn't really say too much on it although I imagine he will but what he did was was he wasn't going to be defined by age and let that put a time limit on his playing days and for as long as he could remember he wanted to be a footballer and he was going to do that as long as his body allowed him too. Incredible career and at the age of 40 I think this is the first time he's dropped out of the Football League.

Signing a 40 year old? Have Oldham got Phil Brown as manager?
Yes, that was my thought. Unsworth's idea of this league and the way it is played seems to be as incorrect as PB's was. Age and experience, leadership and such go a long way for sure and Oldham must be hoping to halt their decline but any rebuild can't be made centered on Peter.

Yes, that was my thought. Unsworth's idea of this league and the way it is played seems to be as incorrect as PB's was. Age and experience, leadership and such go a long way for sure and Oldham must be hoping to halt their decline but any rebuild can't be made centered on Peter.
I dunno, i think clarkey is more of a spinner old boy signing then a ridgewell.

(Legend not arsehole)

Weve all seen it where an older signing is a great influence on the pitch, were just jaded after the phil brown experience...

What a bloke Peter Clarke is.

I spoke to him prior to both of my charity matches I organised, and unfortunately he couldn’t attend either, however he put me in touch with other people, spoke at length with me about his time at Southend and his career, which was fascinating. He loved his time here.

A lot of the rejections I got were just “sorry, can’t make it”, but he went above and beyond. What a genuine guy he is.

What a bloke Peter Clarke is.

I spoke to him prior to both of my charity matches I organised, and unfortunately he couldn’t attend either, however he put me in touch with other people, spoke at length with me about his time at Southend and his career, which was fascinating. He loved his time here.

A lot of the rejections I got were just “sorry, can’t make it”, but he went above and beyond. What a genuine guy he is.
Top man is Peter Clarke, only wish there were more players around like him these days. Also like to add that Peter who is an all round nice guy is just like his Mum and Dad who are two of the nicest people that I have had the pleasure of knowing in my 60+ years of following the team.

You watched it? Or you took the non league paper ratings out of 10 as your guidance?

What relevance does this have to a Southend game v Barnet? Are you one of those that thinks if you play someone who lost 3-0 to someone you beat 2-0 that you will win 5-0?
Oldham is on the slide & playing crap, they signed too many players ages over 30’s. He would be much better in a team who is young, in their 20’s and have paces and athleticism as we found out last season before Phil Brown got the sack.

Oldham is on the slide & playing crap, they signed too many players ages over 30’s. He would be much better in a team who is young, in their 20’s and have paces and athleticism as we found out last season before Phil Brown got the sack.
So…I ask again, seeing as you didn’t answer any of it, did you watch it or have you watched them playing regularly or are you taking the player marks out of 10 from the NLP again?

Back