• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I actually spoke to Peter Clarke whilst organising my charity football match and family fun day, which is on Sunday 11th May. Unfortunately, he is away on holiday for the match.

He really enjoyed his spell with the Club, and still keeps an eye out for the results.

Don't buy in to Ron's publicity about how much he cost. Peter Clarke is a decent & honourable man who left with dignity. One of my best memories is staying late at the Shrimpers Bar with him & Adam. Both were so kind to fans who stayed behind & talked about the fans so positively.

Ron said he cost a million, and when you take into account his transfer fee and a 3 year contract on 3,000 a week or whatever he cost he would certainly have cost us around that.

Thats not a negative against anyone, he was bought as a Championsip level player after all.

I seem to recall him giving away most of his kit after the Doncaster defeat and he was clearly very emotional.

Didn't he once say he left Blackpool to join us because he thought we were a better bet to get in the PL, oops

As others have said, a really nice bloke and a terrific servant to our club. Wish him well, as long as he doesn't end up up the road!

Did I hear once that his mum goes to every game he plays? If so, for her sake, I hope he ends up somewhere not too far from her house!

Released by Blackpool, 1 of 17 to be let go

To gready for me, that's why Blackpool let him go, on to much money now the club has been relegated, be surprised if he stays or anyone wants him in the championship.

Back