• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Peter Taylor

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
Strictly former shrimpers board, but look at the link, and the final paragraph.
ghostface.gif

Will Taylor recommend Tilly to replace him? Will Ron have to tell them where to go?

BBC Link

I dont see that happening. McCarthy or Penney are better shouts - possibly MArtin Allen too but I dont think he'd want to move up there.

To be honest I'm more concerned that Taylor might use some of the Johnson money to bid for Eastwood
suspect.gif
down.gif

Hull is an s***hole & they alway will be, I would think twice before moving up there. Ron will tell them to p*** off if they ever tried to get Tilson like he did to P***wich Town. Why Tilson sign Francis if he was planing to walk out of SUFC.

Mick McCarthy will get the job, he an yorkshire based man, Hull would be perfect club for him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 13 2006,16:40)]I dont see that happening. McCarthy or Penney are better shouts - possibly MArtin Allen too but I dont think he'd want to move up there.

To be honest I'm more concerned that Taylor might use some of the Johnson money to bid for Eastwood  
suspect.gif

down.gif
That was my initial fear (and probably still is to some small degree)...

Would Freddy want to go to Palace? Who could tell? But it's certainly a more viable option for him then some northern club which would require uprooting his family.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 13 2006,16:40)]To be honest I'm more concerned that Taylor might use some of the Johnson money to bid for Eastwood  
suspect.gif

down.gif
IMHO I'd be extremely surprised if Freddy wasn't Taylor's no. 1 target. If Ron's smart about it he'll no doubt demand a large fee given that Palace have £8.6m burning a hole in their pocket should any approach be made. Would Freddy go? Hmmm the fact Palace are Premiership possibles and are London-based may suggest he might
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ June 13 2006,16:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 13 2006,16:40)]To be honest I'm more concerned that Taylor might use some of the Johnson money to bid for Eastwood  
suspect.gif

down.gif
IMHO I'd be extremely surprised if Freddy wasn't Taylor's no. 1 target. If Ron's smart about it he'll no doubt demand a large fee given that Palace have £8.6m burning a hole in their pocket should any approach be made. Would Freddy go? Hmmm the fact Palace are Premiership possibles and are London-based may suggest he might  
rock.gif
That's it - he's off!
mad.gif
devil.gif

Freddy will be here for at least one more season, he wont leave for Palace if they are in the same division...

Not so sure.Ihave a horrible feeling we have seen the last of Freddy.I am sure he will be Palace bound for around £1.2 million.

WTF!!!! Freddy is going nowhere at the moment so stop all this rubbish right here, right now!
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue heaven @ June 13 2006,18:23)]Not so sure.Ihave a horrible feeling we have seen the last of Freddy.I am sure he will be Palace bound for around £1.2 million.
With plenty of money available I would expect Palace to look for a more proven goalscorer at Championship level.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpereeee @ June 13 2006,21:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue heaven @ June 13 2006,18:23)]Not so sure.Ihave a horrible feeling we have seen the last of Freddy.I am sure he will be Palace bound for around £1.2 million.
With plenty of money available I would expect Palace to look for a more proven goalscorer at Championship level.
This is Peter Taylor we are talking about... Eastwood fits his signing profile to a tee...

Couple of papers mention Taylor's primary signing target being Izale McLeod to replace Andy Johnson, lets hope so, eh?

What happen if Crystal Palarse start badly & are in 15th by November, will S. Jordan keep the faith .... I don't think so.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ June 14 2006,10:52)]What happen if Crystal Palarse start badly & are in 15th by November, will S. Jordan keep the faith .... I don't think so.
Well Spud doesn't exactly have the best of records when he's made a big move like this so I'm with you there, if they struggle I can see them getting rid of him sharpish.

I do wonder if/when the Tilly bubble bursts and we go back to our natural level whether Taylor will fancy another chance at the Roots Hall job.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ June 13 2006,17:43)]Freddy will be here for at least one more season, he wont leave for Palace if they are in the same division...
I don't see how you can claim that with any confidence. Palace are a bigger club and their spending power and ambitions are above Southend's; one club will be spending big in an attempt to reach the Pr£mi£r$hit, the other will be spending small and trying to consolidate themselves outside of the relegation zone. I wouldn't blame Freddy for moving on to bigger and better things, and on the positive side of things it would give you a wedge of cash to bring in the four or five quality players you're going to need to avoid a season of continuous struggle. And before you come out with all that "Borient" crap, I'm just telling it like it is and you know it.
Oo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ June 14 2006,11:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ June 13 2006,17:43)]Freddy will be here for at least one more season, he wont leave for Palace if they are in the same division...
I don't see how you can claim that with any confidence. Palace are a bigger club and their spending power and ambitions are above Southend's; one club will be spending big in an attempt to reach the Pr£mi£r$hit, the other will be spending small and trying to consolidate themselves outside of the relegation zone. I wouldn't blame Freddy for moving on to bigger and better things, and on the positive side of things it would give you a wedge of cash to bring in the four or five quality players you're going to need to avoid a season of continuous struggle. And before you come out with all that "Borient" crap, I'm just telling it like it is and you know it.  
Oo.gif
A not unreasonable analysis, Jonny, but being sensible and right has never been a defence on Shrimperzone...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ June 14 2006,11:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ June 14 2006,11:01)]
[b said:
Oo.gif
A not unreasonable analysis, Jonny, but being sensible and right has never been a defence on Shrimperzone...

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Well I get moaned at when I muck about, so I've been trying to be sensible recently (I guess now Orient managed to get promoted I can bring myself to be magnanimous
laugh.gif
). I await the howls of derision at my opinions with interest
wink.gif

Oh, and I reckon you'll get £2,000,000 for Eatswood.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ June 14 2006,11:11)]Oh, and I reckon you'll get £2,000,000 for Eatswood.  
smile.gif
Pick the splinters out of that one!

And yes, at that price we couldn't afford NOT to sell him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ June 14 2006,11:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ June 14 2006,11:11)]Oh, and I reckon you'll get £2,000,000 for Eatswood.  
smile.gif
Pick the splinters out of that one!  

And yes, at that price we couldn't afford NOT to sell him.
I reckon we could get double that for him within a season or two.

Back