• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Peterborough 1-2 Southend United

3 bad passes ! Normally agree with you but for the amount of possession Anthony Grant had and the amount of work he put in I think if he had 3 misplaced passes in dangerous positions that would be a tremendous return.

I cannot believe the generalism that 'his passing was woeful'. I really thought he was the pick of the bunch in midfield and was involved for the entirety of the game. He was literally all over the pitch.

Sometimes I wonder just what a player has to do to please because his passing certainly was not woeful.

If you happy with a midfielder needlessly giving the ball away - and I mean needlessly, not under any pressure and simple passes at that, then thats cool.

Like I said, I'm not going to slag Grant off for that alone though as he generally had a very good game, I just would like him to be less casual at times as that could have easily cost us Saturday.

I'm sure Tilly & Brush will be saying the same to him today when/if they watch the game back and just ask him to be a bit more careful.

Hmm... what have thought that would be a negative effect (i.e. not caring, trying not to get injured etc). I'd say the last month alongside Dorian is probably the best spell I've seen Clarke play for Southend...

Opposite - got to play like life depended on it as they have to impress scouts, opposition managers etc. Seen it many times players soon to be out of contract suddenly seem to up their game. Not sure if that is what is happening to Clarke or a more balanced partnership making him look better.

We had a good trip up and just under two hours from Woodham and a little inside knowledge from working in Peterborough how to get to the car park, with the finer details being added by a colleague of mine.

We made Charters just after 12 and enjoyed some of the best pre match foaming ale in a long time!

Anyway rather than write my report I found this link to their local papar and I thought it was a well balnced report, so if you have a moment, feel free to follow the link.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/Posh-1-Southend-2-.5028388.jp

UTB ;-)

Back