• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Listened on the radio.

Sounded like a committed and skilful display.

If our 17 year old midfielder keeps putting in performances, it won't be long until bigger clubs start sniffing.

And some more

gmQAo3.jpg

TI3HqO.jpg

sjkzRQ.jpg

Ocy78D.jpg

Some of the players responses

Last edited:
Some words from our new leader.

Powell: The game had everything and I saw a lot of things I hadn’t see yet because it was only my second game. I saw we have character, resilience and that we want to do well for one another. I saw it abundance and I’m very proud of them."

Powell: "I think it’s John’s ankle but I’m not entirely sure. He’s a player I like and I like how he trains. I’m not sure if he got his foot stuck in the turf but I’m a little bit worried. I just hope he’s OK and it’s not anything long term."

Amazing what a change of manager can do to what's basically the same group of players - there is some quality in our ranks and if others like Wordsworth are similarly lifted we could be in for a decent end to the season.

There wasn't a bad performance in the house today, and particularly good ones from most although it was perhaps Turner and Cox who led by example the most. Pleasing for me to see Timlin show he's a perfectly good player at this level when played in the correct position, and also to see Ferdinand put in a good shift when he came off the bench - he may be slow but was positionally excellent today. Chuck a kid like Yearwood into a team of good players who are playing well and he's only going to improve.

I still think we’re gonna make the play offs

Maybe a bit early to hope but Bradford are in freefall (I know a Bradford fan at work and he's said they aren't being unlucky, they're just crap and haven't made the signings to sort it out because apparently the board says they can't afford it) so there is going to be a place up for grabs unless they sort it out.

Just got in. Great performance from everyone today, 100% effort all round. The togetherness of the players at the final whistle was a joy to see and the fans did a magnificent job. I was in the middle of it and it was virtually constant chanting all game.

The worst thing about the game was the C-unit of a ref. Massive homer who allowed Posh players to do what they wanted. Their RB Sheppard should have been booked for an awful mid air assault on Ladapo before getting booked less than a minute later for a woeful lunge at Kightly.

Still on the A1 after a beer in Peterborough signing along to Sugar by the Archie's. Which will make sense if you were there :smile:

Still on the A1 after a beer in Peterborough signing along to Sugar by the Archie's. Which will make sense if you were there :smile:

Translating for the deaf at a party were you?

I just can't believe its true.

These are the results and performances you get when the manager treats staff and players with respect.

It's early days I know and SCP will lose a game soon enough, but I just cannot see him ever lambasting players in the press like the tanned knob did.

He has already shown his ways and I am 1 Zillion percent sure it is how he works.

These are the results and performances you get when the manager treats staff and players with respect.

It's a combination of things. Yes, he has the respect of all the players, something Phil Brown never had. CP and his assistants have got the players to keep their shape and cover for each other better. We're much better without the ball. We attack more with the ball on the ground. More crosses are going in, encouraging Cox to play more forward. There is much more positive forward passing, sideways and back is only when the right option. PB was a bit forward, sideways, sideways, sideways, back, hoof, give ball away.

At a first glance that looks like Oxley is being dragged away from Ferdinand

It does, doesn't it. If it wasn't for Turner smiling, it could easily be miss perceived as it was about to kick off between Oxley, Ferdinand.

Reading those match ratings (which I agree with so far), it seems the only player today that had an "off day" was MAF.

To be honest, I forgot he was even on the pitch in the 2nd half until he got subbed.

Back