• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Although i had to sit in the home end today (and yes i did celebrate when we scored) i loved looking over to my left and seeing 799 of you beautiful beautiful people making an absolute racket in the away end.

Proud to be a shrimper when my mate looks over and says "you lot travel well". Kudos again to all 799 of you for making the trip.

Also does that mean i was away fan no 800?

Wow, what a transformation from the performance that I witnessed at the last game I attended, away at Scunthorpe! Today we were really up for it, passing imaginatively, closing down and tackling like demons and always looking to take the game to the opposition. I really couldn't fault the application and endeavour of every one of our team that started the game. It looks like I am in the minority in thinking that Fortuné had a half-decent game. He held the ball up pretty well, usually under close and often unfair pressure from the Posh Number 5 and succeeded in pulling his marker out to the flanks by his runs, leaving room in the middle for Cox and the midfield players to exploit. I was sitting behind the goal in the new stand because I don't like being in that bit of the old stand where they put the away supporters and was convinced that Cox's curling shot from the left side of the box was going inside the far post until it straightened in the last few yards and missed by a whisker. A second goal was no more than our postive play deserved.

Newcomer Freddie Ladapo looked gangly and awkward but very little came off for him in the relatively short time he was on the pitch.

No ratings from me because I felt everyone played a good part in securing an away win and keeping a clean sheet - a rare double this season!

Although i had to sit in the home end today (and yes i did celebrate when we scored) i loved looking over to my left and seeing 799 of you beautiful beautiful people making an absolute racket in the away end.

Also does that mean i was away fan no 800?

That would make me away fan No 801, as I was sitting behind the goal in the Motorpoint stand.

happy daze -

support 10 -

a few notes ... brilliant to see Timlin talking Yearwood through the game -

brilliant to see Anton F looking fit and about a stone lighter -

brilliant to see Kightly showing quality and totally involved ..

brilliant cover by John White when he hurt himself ..

Lapado looked he could be a real handful

Marco fought for it until his legs went

Simon Cox - quality and commitment -

atmosphere 10

10 minutes added time ... not too bad

game management good -

determination and organisation in defence 10

Barry Fry and RM going where at half time -

and the manger looked focused throughout the game and celebrated with us in a modest way afterwards -

a great day out - brilliant !!!

ps - you couldn't help thinking how really totally f=cked eveything must have been under the previous clown

Wow, what a transformation from the performance that I witnessed at the last game I attended, away at Scunthorpe! Today we were really up for it, passing imaginatively, closing down and tackling like demons and always looking to take the game to the opposition. I really couldn't fault the application and endeavour of every one of our team that started the game. It looks like I am in the minority in thinking that Fortuné had a half-decent game. He held the ball up pretty well, usually under close and often unfair pressure from the Posh Number 5 and succeeded in pulling his marker out to the flanks by his runs, leaving room in the middle for Cox and the midfield players to exploit. I was sitting behind the goal in the new stand because I don't like being in that bit of the old stand where they put the away supporters and was convinced that Cox's curling shot from the left side of the box was going inside the far post until it straightened in the last few yards and missed by a whisker. A second goal was no more than our postive play deserved.

Newcomer Freddie Ladapo looked gangly and awkward but very little came off for him in the relatively short time he was on the pitch.

No ratings from me because I felt everyone played a good part in securing an away win and keeping a clean sheet - a rare double this season!

I also thought Fortune didn't have too bad a game. He could have won more headers but he put a real shift in and some of his link up play with Cox was good.

Has a real engine on him considering he's 36.

I slightly disagree about Ladapo though. I thought he looked quite a handful when he came on. Has potential to do very well for us

I also thought Fortune didn't have too bad a game. He could have won more headers but he put a real shift in and some of his link up play with Cox was good.

Has a real engine on him considering he's 36.

I slightly disagree about Ladapo though. I thought he looked quite a handful when he came on. Has potential to do very well for us

Agree that Fortune linked play well and held the ball up. Faded after about 60 mins but hardly surprising

The jury is out on Ladapo. Had a couple of chances and was assaulted by the Posh number 2 but I feel he's a bit lazy. If he loses the ball he gives up. With about 5 mins to go, he ran into the box with the ball and lost it. It travelled towards the corner flag and he just watched, whereas Cox chased it, got the ball then was hauled over which I thought was a foul but the ref told him he dived. One of the many many dodgy decisions by the ref today

By far the best away game for a long long time. The support from start to finish, doubt they have had better travelling support all season. Why? Well the win helps, but the players committment, attitude and work ethic was first class. SCP has instilled a battling quality and confidence that had gone missing. Tactically we are competing all over the pitch and some of the attacking play is a joy to watch. Oxley not for the first time made crucial saves, the defence were solid against a very quick and mobile Peterborough attack. The midfield worked tiredlessly, Timlin looks like the Timlin of old, Dru playing like an old experienced pro and not a 17 year old. Macca and MK with freedom are looking like the quality players we know they are. The front two worked their socks off as did the impressive Freddie when he came on. Yes, we rode our luck, but its still early days under SCP, but two wins has the team and fans beliveing again and today i thought the support was fantastic and long may it continue.

Discussing on the coach home some simple changes to our attacking play.
Players playing in their actual position.
Wingers being utilised as??? Yes that's right wingers and given license to play with some freedom. Consider Brown played kightly in front of the back 3 in against fleetwood....amazing.
Classic full back overlap play.
Centre midfielders looking for forward passes.
Simple pass and move.
I'm enjoying seeing us play with a cohesive attacking pattern of play which seemed to have disappeared.
I have to say once again yearwood is going to be a fantastic player.

Real shame about White because I think that having already used 17 different defensive combinations this season, we'd just found the one that could keep us up.

Simply first class, best game Timlin has played all season, think we won the game in the middle with Dru and Tims, but thought the whole team played well.

Can't believe he is only 17, look like we have a Lenny replacement, albeit he is a very different player.

They had a very fast and pacey attack, but thought we rode our luck a little but the passion and commitment shined through.

Lets hope the honeymoon period continues into Wigan next week!

Scunthorpe and posh are decent sides.

Wigan are the best side in the division.

Next Saturday will be a huge test for our rejuvenated side.

Fully expect Wigan to win the league and so they should. They have the biggest budget by a country mile.

Firstly, today I discovered Leeblue has some type of leprosy....

I also rediscovered away day football. Let's face it, it has been grim hasn't it? But today we turned up in big, big numbers and made a big, big noise. The players responded by doing that thing we've not done on the road for some time..... attacked the hosts. Macca won us a penalty, Dimi rolled it home and 800 of us exploded. From then one, we traded blows in an entertaining encounter that deserved a few more goals.

Defensively we looked solid. White was having a good game until he was injured early in the second half, Turner looks an absolute rock and he won everything he went for. And then we had Anton. Some cretins booed him when he went on (I used the word "cretin" because "mindless c**ts" gets censored by the swear filter). Come on boys, we are now all in this together, so lets be in this together. The man wears our shirt so aim your bile at the opposition or officials. Anyhow, Anton, he had a really good game. Looked fit, looked sharp and made one really good tackle. So hopefully that will shut the idiots up. Even more hopefully, maybe he'll play like he did last season for the rest of this.....

Yearwood is certainly a find in midfield. It's hard to believe he is still only 17. At times he bossed the middle of the park, got stuck in and did the simple stuff really well. Wordsworth and Wright are really going to have to fight for his shirt.

Cox industrious as ever. Another self made long range effort to go alongside his tireless running for the team.

And Michael Kightly has turned up to the party. Whether he was deliberately restricted by the previous regime, the man is on fire at the moment. There was a period in the second half where he was just unplayable leaving the Posh with the only option of kicking him. He was full if pace, tricks and passes and show his Premiership quality.

It all left me wondering what could have been, because this group players can actually play.

Finally, at the end, with the players down the tunnel CP fist pumps down the touchline, along with 800 Shrimpers. Magic.

TBF it looked like we rode our like at times judging from the highlights. If anyone deserves a bit of luck though it's SCP! Wigan next, nothing to lose, IMO a point would be fantastic!

Firstly, today I discovered Leeblue has some type of leprosy....

I also rediscovered away day football. Let's face it, it has been grim hasn't it? But today we turned up in big, big numbers and made a big, big noise. The players responded by doing that thing we've not done on the road for some time..... attacked the hosts. Macca won us a penalty, Dimi rolled it home and 800 of us exploded. From then one, we traded blows in an entertaining encounter that deserved a few more goals.

Defensively we looked solid. White was having a good game until he was injured early in the second half, Turner looks an absolute rock and he won everything he went for. And then we had Anton. Some cretins booed him when he went on (I used the word "cretin" because "mindless c**ts" gets censored by the swear filter). Come on boys, we are now all in this together, so lets be in this together. The man wears our shirt so aim your bile at the opposition or officials. Anyhow, Anton, he had a really good game. Looked fit, looked sharp and made one really good tackle. So hopefully that will shut the idiots up. Even more hopefully, maybe he'll play like he did last season for the rest of this.....

Yearwood is certainly a find in midfield. It's hard to believe he is still only 17. At times he bossed the middle of the park, got stuck in and did the simple stuff really well. Wordsworth and Wright are really going to have to fight for his shirt.

Cox industrious as ever. Another self made long range effort to go alongside his tireless running for the team.

And Michael Kightly has turned up to the party. Whether he was deliberately restricted by the previous regime, the man is on fire at the moment. There was a period in the second half where he was just unplayable leaving the Posh with the only option of kicking him. He was full if pace, tricks and passes and show his Premiership quality.

It all left me wondering what could have been, because this group players can actually play.

Finally, at the end, with the players down the tunnel CP fist pumps down the touchline, along with 800 Shrimpers. Magic.

That's a really good report, thanks. Listening on the radio, they said the same what you've written.

I'm pleased that Yearwood played well, CP was full of praise with his post match comments. I think we'll find he's a Gem and it won't be long before other clubs come sniffing.

As for Anton, you don't become a bad player over night. As you said, last season he was great.

What ever went on with our last management team I don't know, one thing is very clear (and always has been in my eyes) PB assemble a very good squad, it's a shame they didn't have the fight and desire for him.

Anyway, onwards and upwards and well done lads. CP is obviously getting the best out of them and long may that continue.

One other thing I'd like to add, I can't help but think that Ranger was a very toxic person to be around and he affected the squad under PB, I'm SO PLEASED HE'S GONE.

Back