• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good interview, love the sentence one year closer to a new stadium :thumbsup::blush:

UTS

I am another year closer to dying, doesn't mean it will happen any quicker or for a long time (I hope!) Me dying that is, but that will probably be before the stadium is started and I am only in my early 40's

I am another year closer to dying, doesn't mean it will happen any quicker or for a long time (I hope!) Me dying that is, but that will probably be before the stadium is started and I am only in my early 40's

In September 1999 Southend United announced that plans for a new multi-million pound stadium would be presented to council chiefs within weeks with chairman John Main confident that the club would be given permission to start construction early in the new millennium. I was 47 then. I'm 66 this year and not as hopeful of seeing FF finished as I was in 1999!!

"When Brown replaced Paul Sturrock in 2013, Southend were in League Two. His impact was instant with promotion to League One achieved in his first full season followed by a year of the team consolidating their place at a higher level.

Read more: http://thesetpieces.com/interviews/...dna-firmly-entrenched-southend/#ixzz4XT3Dq6fe"

that's two interviews in a month that are factually incorrect. The Goater one said he'd tried for ages without getting us up, then there's this.

I don't mind the man, but he doesn't half make himself sound like a ****:

"“I could quite easily say that I try to improve players by spending a lot of time with them on the training ground but it’s not just that,” says Brown. “It’s giving them the understanding and the belief that I have worked at the highest level. I have worked with some of the greats such as Youri Djorkaeff at Bolton, who won the World Cup. And having worked with that quality, the likes of Jack Payne, Dan Bentley and Ted Smith listen because of that work, because of the influence you had at the time on some great players, when I try to convince them that it’s the right way forward.”

"When Brown replaced Paul Sturrock in 2013, Southend were in League Two. His impact was instant with promotion to League One achieved in his first full season followed by a year of the team consolidating their place at a higher level.

Read more: http://thesetpieces.com/interviews/...dna-firmly-entrenched-southend/#ixzz4XT3Dq6fe"

that's two interviews in a month that are factually incorrect. The Goater one said he'd tried for ages without getting us up, then there's this.

They also said they would train at RH as B&L was frozen. The team train at the Len Forge centre on the 3G pitch when we have bad weather, certainly not at RH

Back