• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chalky

Coach
What we thinking chaps? Anyone got "inside info" from their sauces? Or is this just another pointless, typical shrimperzone thread that will have at least 30 pages?

Chris Phillips has said there is one or two whispers about this but Ron Martin has said no approach has been made as of yet.

Can see Brown moving on sooner or later down to great job he has done here but be surprised if he left us for Rotherham

Doesn't seem like it'd be a big move on Brown's part, they're on their way down, whereas we're doing well and nearer the top, albeit in the league below. That said, stranger things have happened.

Wilder would be a good appointment for them, wonder where that would leave Prosser.

I wouldnt imagine he would leave us for Rotherham to be honest, considering:

1. likely to go down and be playing division 1 football next season & we could be going up.
2. same size club
3. same stadium capacity
4. lowest attendance in the Championship
5. same size budget
6. the cost of buying out his contract at Southend

Doesn't seem like it'd be a big move on Brown's part, they're on their way down, whereas we're doing well and nearer the top, albeit in the league below. That said, stranger things have happened.

Wilder would be a good appointment for them, wonder where that would leave Prosser.

I see Prosser was on the bench for Northampton this weekend but an un-used substitute.

No disrespect to Rotherham but I think we're a bigger club than them with more potential (assuming there is light at the end of the tunnel with FF). i could see him leaving us for sure but for a top half championship club surely

Dear oh dear. I despair at these threads. Two in a week this time. I shall copy and paste again my info....................Err no, not yet. Just like I told the poster on here a few weeks ago that said Phil Brown was off, a done deal apparently, according to his inside info, my inside info from someone that has never been wrong so far is that Phil is staying for now until he feels he's done the job that he set out to do. He loves it here and is really enjoying the challenge. So ignore all these clubs looking for a new Manager, or clubs that Phil Brown has a past link to. He also has a very happy working relationship with the Chairman, which he appreciates, as it's not always been the case at other clubs.

He's meant to be leaving for about 12 different Clubs since he's been our Manager, according to some on here, and yet he's still here. Can't we have a little break from these speculation and guesswork threads....as he will still be here at the end of the season. He's going nowhere for now.

It looks like Neil Warnock & Chris Wilder are both the bookies favourites and both are ex Rotherham united players in their past playing careers

LOL, Warnock gets touted for any old post, doesn't he!

I heard he's after the Leigh Ramblers job, as well!

He's meant to be leaving for about 12 different Clubs since he's been our Manager, according to some on here, and yet he's still here. Can't we have a little break from these speculation and guesswork threads....as he will still be here at the end of the season. He's going nowhere for now.

If you were to cancel out the speculation and guesswork threads and maybe cut down a bit on the Southend fans aren't bad boys threads then it would be as quiet as a very quiet place on here.

Whilst we don't expect everyone to agree with every post, I thought the whole point of a forum is that we can place thoughts, views etc without too much meddling or belittlement. I raised a question about the available managerial posts and linked it to Phil, simply asking should we be concerned? It got moved.....but perhaps in the light of CP's tweets it could be brought back into Shrimpers ChitChat? If posters don't like this sort of "will he/won't he" postings you don't have to read them, or comment on them.......but that is the joy of a forum....sometimes the posts are considered rubbish by others....that's ok...isn't it?

I am trying to think which of our managers that have been poached by other clubs in the last 25 years? Barry Fry and maybe Steve Thompson?

Back on topic, Phil Brown wants to manage again at a higher level and there is nothing wrong with that. Southend has given him another promotion on his C.V. And we may well give him another at the end of the season. Rotherham will probably be relegated and that doesn't look good if he is sacked afterwards, so I think it would be unlikely he would go there.

Derby, on the other hand would be different. They could still get promotion this season and would be able to offer a big enough contract to make the inevitable sacking somewhere down the line a bit sweeter to take.

Derby will aim higher than Phil. Paul clement went there with a fantastic pedigree, coaching at Chelsea PSG and Real Madrid. They will wany a high calibre appointment with all the money they have spent.

Phil has already failed at Derby once as manager so I highly doubt they will want him back.

Back