• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue pilot

Youth Team
PB seems to be cropping up with increasing regularity on BBC 5-live, Sky, ITV etc.
Maybe more time concentrating on Southend might improve our results Phil!
Is his media work getting in the way of his work as our manager? maybe he's looking to change career?
Am I the only one getting bored of seeing/hearing the tanned-one on TV/Radio all the time while our own team is gouing through the current poor patch. Maybe its time for RM to tell PB to cut out the media work and concentrate on his job!

No and its a petty and poor thing to pick up on to beat him up with. Funny how no one cared when we were winning games when it didnt seem to affect us.

He doesnt need to spend 24 hours a day working on Southend. What exactly would he have been doing for Southend when commentating on an evening game?

Criticise him for what matters, the poor performances.

I think that's a cheap dig. I can't believe he's on very high wages with us, and if that props up his income and enables him to stay with us, then that's fine with me. Also, it must be embarrassing being on there if our results are poor, so it's an extra incentive to make sure we're doing well.

Who's to say that his profile doesn't help with us getting loanees etc as well...

When things are going well its no problem because nobody cares but sadly when things are not going well its best to keep your head down and keep away from media work IMO.

Who's to say that his profile doesn't help with us getting loanees etc as well...
Agree with that, I also think there's a high possibility that he doesn't actually earn that much from SUFC and his media work very much subsidises his overall income. Just wish people would stop all this knee jerk crap, he doesn't set out to get it wrong, time to get behind the team and the manager instead of whining, too much to ask ?

Agree with that, I also think there's a high possibility that he doesn't actually earn that much from SUFC and his media work very much subsidises his overall income. Just wish people would stop all this knee jerk crap, he doesn't set out to get it wrong, time to get behind the team and the manager instead of whining, too much to ask ?

There is plenty to be critical of at the moment which isnt knee jerk, 7 games without a win is terrible.

I dont know why people cant just hold him accountable for that and have to start looking at the media stuff as a reason. Managers dont need to be working on tactics all day and all night, there is only so much that can be done during the day.

Nothing wrong with being critical though, he is there to get results and he isnt getting them and the buck falls with him.

I think we should be proud that we, in lg 2, have a manager that is so valued as a pundit. Clearly his opinions and knowledge are well received. The man has to earn a buck and I dare say the amount of football he has to digest he learns from also.

There is plenty to be critical of at the moment which isnt knee jerk, 7 games without a win is terrible.

I dont know why people cant just hold him accountable for that and have to start looking at the media stuff as a reason. Managers dont need to be working on tactics all day and all night, there is only so much that can be done during the day.

Nothing wrong with being critical though, he is there to get results and he isnt getting them and the buck falls with him.
It is knee jerk when people conveniently forget the number of defenders we have out injured, Kiernan being recalled, he has tried to sort out the defence but sometimes certain things are beyond control, he now finds himself in a situation where several first choice loanees are out of action, accountable yes but with some added realism

It is knee jerk when people conveniently forget the number of defenders we have out injured, Kiernan being recalled, he has tried to sort out the defence but sometimes certain things are beyond control, he now finds himself in a situation where several first choice loanees are out of action, accountable yes but with some added realism

Its 7 games, we havent won a game since the 18th of January.

There may be reasons for our dip in form but its not knee jerk to be critical of a long run of poor form. Knee jerk is when you are on a good run and lose one game.

Put Corr at CB and then play the youth of Williams and Payne up top,Phil has to juggle it up before its too late.

Its 7 games, we havent won a game since the 18th of January.

There may be reasons for our dip in form but its not knee jerk to be critical of a long run of poor form. Knee jerk is when you are on a good run and lose one game.
Knee jerk is when we are sitting in a play off position and people are questioning whether PB should be sacked

Knee jerk is when we are sitting in a play off position and people are questioning whether PB should be sacked

After 7 games and nearly 6 weeks without winning a game nothing is knee jerk.

I agree that its fickle to be discussing whether he should be sacked, thats way too far, but its not unfair for people to be critical as we are terrible at the moment. He does deserve time to turn it around though and its pretty petty to start looking at stuff like the media when there is plenty else to pull him up on the pitch.

Not read myself he should be sacked,Perhaps that is a knee jerk reaction from yourself.

Not on this thread, but it has been commented on others.

Its not the media work that is killing our season . Paul sturrock didnt do media work and this winning drought happened to him .It straight forward its down to the players for what ever reason they are not performing as they were .And I dont by this Luke prosser thing either .We lack a goal scorer of any quality .And lets not get into this Eastwood Barnard thing either .They did score goals but they dont now And we are not going to get promoted on the used to score players we need to get in some freash faces and we need them NOW .

Its not the media work that is killing our season . Paul sturrock didnt do media work and this winning drought happened to him .It straight forward its down to the players for what ever reason they are not performing as they were .And I dont by this Luke prosser thing either .We lack a goal scorer of any quality .And lets not get into this Eastwood Barnard thing either .They did score goals but they dont now And we are not going to get promoted on the used to score players we need to get in some freash faces and we need them NOW .

This,

Maybe the club could get Shearer out of retirement because he scored plenty IN HIS TIME!,Some on here will blame anyone or anything but the bottom line is we don't score enough goals.

Back